[No Bug]Odd mission difficulty

Got a mission to create 16 sacrificial knives, listed as a 2/7 mission:

Name: Everyone: Fo's journey
Creator: System
Started: 9/20/18 9:19 PM
Progress: 1.0%
Expires: 9/23/18 1:39 PM

Difficulty: 2 / 7
Description: Fo wants you to create 16 sacrificial knives.
Rewards: 20m sleep bonus for each participant upon completion of this mission as well as 62 karma per item with 60m extra sleep bonus split between participants upon completion (30m max each). The movement timer for Fo will also be reduced by 8 hours.

If my math's right, creating 16 knives would cost 48 sapphires, 48 rubies, and 16 diamonds (not counting the silver/leather). By way of comparison, I had previously completed a 2/7 creation mission for 16 bookshelves, which cost 32 shafts, 64 large nails, and 128 planks.

Are 2/7 difficulty missions supposed to swing so wildly in -actual- difficulty? Getting 100+ (specific) gems is far harder than getting 100+ planks. :)

At any rate, I'm not complaining; I needed a break from missions anyhow. The balance here just seems odd, and it seems like maybe sacrificial knives are getting pulled into something they shouldn't have.

The Difficulty is just the amount, it has no influence on the type of item. It's a harder mission but doable just not by 1 person alone easily.

Hmm. Because the materials are so valuable and hard to find, it just makes sense to wait until the mission expires (maybe push missions somewhere else instead), especially in this scenario, where Mag has the inside track to the win.

Obvious "don't-do-me" missions seem like a bad thing, but I'll grant more people playing could change that.