Sign in to follow this  
antonslavick

New Animal Plus Use for Small Carts

Add Donkeys to Wurm so we can hitch them to small carts, adds a new Animal plus gives use to a item

82289eabed4ad156e35d34be44461611.png

• Like 1

2 new animals - Mule, because that's what you get from breeding donkey's and horses.

Either way, neat idea +1

• Like 1

It would be cool if the animal would follow you instead of you riding on the cart.  

• Like 1

On 9/20/2018 at 6:18 PM, Nomadikhan said:

2 new animals - Mule, because that's what you get from breeding donkey's and horses.

+1 for donkeys and mules :)

7 minutes ago, PumperNickel said:

+1 for donkeys and mules :)

+1 That would be fun.  Make donkeys stubborn and require taming to lead them, but make hard to keep tamed.  Breeding with a horse gives a mule, which is more docile and can be led without taming.  Since mules can’t breed, you’ll have to breed and care for donkeys to improve stats that can be passed on to mules.

And another +1 to a mule following you when pulling a small cart rather than having to ride it.  Could be led with a rope while hitched.

Edited by Thalius
  • Like 1

Can be implemented without donkey, just allow one horse to be hitched to small cart and to be lead when hitched, but +1 for donkeys and mules which would be better than horses in such situations, also like the idea of mixed animals not being able to have offspring (mules in this example) so you have to keep 2 species in order to breed for new animals, could be extended to other fantasy animals to get some interesting results from battle pets, husbandry animals that can be farmed for some products, or increased gain in butchering products to mounts...

use for small carts? i use a small cart as a harvest cart with small amphora's(fit 100 pumpkins) and satchels, easy to drag tend and harvest

Why exactly we cant just use bisons to pull the cart? ? (better yet.. make the unicorns useful...)

How are you going to command the small cart? By leading the animal?

-1 for donkeys.. rather have ducks to kill; * these exist as a mystical sound in the game already

I can't see this as useful addition to the game.. it's 'exotic' like the pheasants.. they are absolutely.. useless.. (even tho.. they used to be titans in 1v1 fights with newbs trying to get a grilled bird and respawning at token or being drained to 10% hp.. followed by death or 1-2hour healing process..)

It was suggested before to be able to use sheep on the small cart, maybe even a cow, 1 animal hitched then be able to ride the small cart, think it was suggested originally to be able to lead the small cart but that would complicate things, so just have the small cart set up like the large cart, with just the commander. Speed could be slow like it is already is with transporters. This would be great for new players who do not have the skill yet for large carts and for those who like to be different. This should be easy to code as well as it would just be using existing mechanics.

Edited by JakeRivers
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, kochinac said:

could be extended to other fantasy animals to get some interesting results

+1. Cross everything with champ octopus. The Tentacle Goddess would approve.

• Like 1

+1

It would be nice for new players to have the ability to ride and create their own cart. This would allow them to do so.

I also think a mule would be nice if it allowed riders of lower body control. That way new players don't have to be so freaking afraid of going outside their deed and dying from a creature.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Dadadah said:

+1

It would be nice for new players to have the ability to ride and create their own cart. This would allow them to do so.

I also think a mule would be nice if it allowed riders of lower body control. That way new players don't have to be so freaking afraid of going outside their deed and dying from a creature.

I think their having to worry about dying when walking around outside a protected area is great motivation for building toward riding a horse.  Same for being able to ride a large cart or wagon.

I guess you could say the same applies to the idea of having to haul a small cart around as you build skills that allow you to ride better modes of transportation.

Never the less, a mule could allow newer players to haul things around better while leading it with a rope, and would also make those small carts more useful to experienced players around their settlements.  And it would be a nice touch/addition to general feel to village life.

Just my humble opinion on the issue. ?

• Like 1