Sign in to follow this  
cprn

Issue: I often attack my own horse instead of tracking

This is the select bar:

Select_bar.jpg

Whenever I have a tile selected, 2nd icon on the Select Bar is "Track"... a neutral action.

Whenever I have my own horse selected, this icon is "Attack"... an aggressive action that can't be easily stopped after started.

Why??

No idea how to fix it, but please, do...? :(

Animals that got hit go into a long lasting hate state, going back a few tiles doesn't solve it as it isn't the usual aggro you get during taming. It's a whole separate issue but if you get close to an enraged animal your queue gets immediately filled with combat actions and you can't do anything else (the You're too busy message). The "auto-fight" toggle on Quick Bar doesn't help as it only controls special attacks and normal ones still happen because the horse attacks first. The only workaround I've found so far is to target something else (e.g. other horse that's far enough so that you wouldn't actually hit it, multiplying the problem) and only after that get close to your horse and tame it enduring all the kicks and bites. If it happens to a tamed horse you can either un-tame it first (in "Body -> manage -> Animals") or try to jump on it from a roof of a building (gets you into teleporting state) which sometimes turns it back to green for no reason.

Edited by cprn

12 hours ago, FranktheTank said:

oh, just right click track.

Ez fix

I didn't get my 70 tracking on vanilla 1x server by "right click -> track", Mate. ? Besides, if your fix is to avoid using that part of the UI it will 100% end up being a far more severe UX issue. Both, these buttons and the keybindings that control them, are there to be used not to be ignored.

+1 to better UI design (will be interesting to see how the new UI handles this).

Is there any useful reason to attack the horse we're sitting on?

@armyskin you don't need to apologize for my confusion ? but could maybe just answer the question.

My thinking is, what if we remove the option entirely?  Only had it happen to me once but doesn't really make sense to be stabbing the horse we're riding in any case.

45 minutes ago, Reylaark said:

@armyskin you don't need to apologize for my confusion ? but could maybe just answer the question.

My thinking is, what if we remove the option entirely?  Only had it happen to me once but doesn't really make sense to be stabbing the horse we're riding in any case.

We were making a pvp joke at that time. Also in regards to pvp and hitting your own horse, paying attention was the main argument made for the change that freedom got not also being applied to chaos. 

47 minutes ago, Reylaark said:

Everything that comes to mind starts with "Hold my beer..."

• Like 1