Sign in to follow this  
Sn00

More fun for Champs

Recommended Posts

Hi there mates!

 

This is an idea I've had for a while when missing out on events and such.

I would like to suggest a system to allow Champions to leave Chaos for a brief time (To attend events and such on freedom, impalongs and the like)

Instead of the current system , if a champ would try to leave it could display the message

X God is happy with your services , you may explore lands elsewhere with his blessing as long you return within four days.

 

Upon returning to freedom within four days a cooldown of two hours will be placed so that you can not leave again (to stop champs border jumping)

The act would cost 1 Champion point so activity on Chaos is still needed.

If you fail to return upon four days there will be a server wide message

 

X God is furious and throws down the weakling CHAMPIONNAME , may he forever be knows as a coward in the eternal records

 

 

What do you think?

Edited by Sn00

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds nice, but need to put a cool down or something on it to stop a champ from say crossing back over to chaos on the 4th day then back over for another "event". Because I could see people doing. 

Edited by EvaDaly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, EvaDaly said:

Sounds nice, but need to put a cool down or something on it to stop a champ from say crossing back over to chaos on the 4th day then back over for another "event". Because I could see people doing. 

 

I added so crossing the border costs 1 Champion point , you also have the cooldown on two hours as mentioned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I can see champs just staying on freedom then.. because champ point are easy to gain, and you don't dechamp no more if you use all your points. 

 

If you get bored being a champ, why not just insanity teleport and then you have to get your way back, you could either die, it get a kill, or just find nothing and get back safely.

Edited by EvaDaly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, EvaDaly said:

Yeah I can see champs just staying on freedom then.. because champ point are easy to gain, and you don't dechamp no more if you use all your points. 

 

If you get bored being a champ, why not just insanity teleport and then you have to get your way back, you could either die, it get a kill, or just find nothing and get back safely.

 

Hmm, the cooldown can be increased to counter champs living on Freedom, that's not really an issue here.

Also , it's not about Champs being boored , it's to offer them to participate in events, especially for me personally the Impalongs.

Edited by Sn00

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-1, i think its fine as it is. Should not champ if you wanna go freedom.  Or dechamp.

Edited by Wulfgarr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Sn00 said:

 

Hmm, the cooldown can be increased to counter champs living on Freedom, that's not really an issue here.

Also , it's not about Champs being boored , it's to offer them to participate in events, especially for me personally the Impalongs.

If for events like impalongs maybe, but dragon kills or any other valeri creature I would say no. 

 

Like maybe GMs can make the days of the impalong a champ free crossing time for the times of the impalong only if you don't leave when the impalong is over you lose a champ life for ever RL day you stay on freedom. 

 

Besides that I see no issues with the way the champs are now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, EvaDaly said:

If for events like impalongs maybe, but dragon kills or any other valeri creature I would say no. 

 

Like maybe GMs can make the days of the impalong a champ free crossing time for the times of the impalong only if you don't leave when the impalong is over you lose a champ life for ever RL day you stay on freedom. 

 

Besides that I see no issues with the way the champs are now.

 

Even I don't agree, this would be the next best thing according to me, let there be a open spot for champs during these big events.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Sn00 said:

 

Even I don't agree, this would be the next best thing according to me, let there be a open spot for champs during these big events.

Yeah with what I am saying there is a open spot for champs, but if you stay to long you lose a champ life.. I don't say points because it does not effect anything.. who cares if you lose your champs points, biggest thing in losing champ points is you cant cast on items... If you lose a champ life you will pay more attention to when the event is over and leave in that time, you will not be thinking "oh well, I have 100+ champs points I can stay for at least 100+ days and be all good" which means one less champ for said kingdom.. I see more of a lose for said kingdom then for the champ to have their things imped and casted.

 

But that is just my thoughts

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, EvaDaly said:

Yeah with what I am saying there is a open spot for champs, but if you stay to long you lose a champ life.. I don't say points because it does not effect anything.. who cares if you lose your champs points, biggest thing in losing champ points is you cant cast on items... If you lose a champ life you will pay more attention to when the event is over and leave in that time, you will not be thinking "oh well, I have 100+ champs points I can stay for at least 100+ days and be all good" which means one less champ for said kingdom.. I see more of a lose for said kingdom then for the champ to have their things imped and casted.

 

But that is just my thoughts

 

 

I don't know what argument you countered, cause it was not mine or you misunderstood it completely.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to - 1 because this will allow border hopping champs. 2 hour cool down doesn't help that just gives you an excuse to say you can't come pvp. If I ever hear a champ in tc say they can't come pvp because they freedom locked, we'd kill them. Points are very easy to obtain, I don't think you should be allowed to go freedom at all once champ, there needs to be severe limits for big benefits. Also its nice to know that as a champ, youh will be chaos focused. 

 

Is a big time to undertake and making a thread like this whilst you're a champ is abiast suggestion. I know you probably think it's a fair idea since you are one, but it's really not. This will cause headache for kingdoms trying to get thier champs to be focused where they should be. You need to Erinyesthegreat it if you need to go focus or join events on freedom, because you should be pushing that on chaos. 

 

 

Edited by Mclavin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, I feel this brings forward issues of "i was on freedom and I dc'd cause I'd hurricane please give back" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Mclavin said:

If I ever hear a champ in tc say they can't come pvp because they freedom locked, we'd kill them.

Maybe thats why they went to freedom, so you cant kill them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For some reason i see an opportunity here to add item sink, if a champ wants to go freedom, you have to sac your beloved high ql moonmetal weapon or something similar for example to your god as a payment for passage to freedom, to go back to see your loved ones for a "extended weekend" 3-4 days :)

 

Also that would limit server hopping too. Problem solved, carry on people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-1

 

it is a sacrifice you make on your character to champ up and become OP, if you want to participate in freedom events get an alt

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-1

 

If u want to vacation to freedumb you probably shouldn't have champed in the first place and should do yourself/your kingdom a favor by using that handy /suicide command a couple times.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CIRAY said:

-1

 

If u want to vacation to freedumb you probably shouldn't have champed in the first place and should do yourself/your kingdom a favor by using that handy /suicide command a couple times.

 

 

Why does people question my motives? 
I love being a champ, and I live on Chaos, I just want to head over in December for the impalong.

 

You don't have to agree, but counter the suggestion itself, explain the problems that can occur or why you disagree with it.

Edited by Sn00

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

It is the way it is snoo, get an alt for freedom stuff

 

That's one option ofc, I however like having only one account and only playing on one as well.

I guess I will attend the next Impalong if I don't die before December! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this