Sign in to follow this  
JakeRivers

[Fixed] Enemy in Local on Freedom - intended or not?

So last night I dropped a deed for funzies and try to annoy some arse's who were not playing nice. Now I know templars are about as useful as a pail of hammers, but never the less I ordered up a bunch for my new deed and proceeded to put some fools on KoS.

[01:41:07] Spirit templar is now a citizen of Something!
[01:41:07] A Spirit templar has arrived.
[01:41:07] The danger is over for now.
[01:41:13] Onesickpuppy raises the settlement alarm!
[01:41:13] A horn sounds. Something is put on alert!
[01:43:25] Something is wrong. An irritating feeling comes over you and you cannot focus. Your normal skillgains suffer.
[01:45:41] The venerable fat Callpot grazes.
[01:45:55] Onesickpuppy spits in your face!
[01:48:25] You now feel greatly disturbed by an enemy presence. While your normal skills still suffer, your aggressive actions are probably more effective.

I have not used KoS much on freedom, and even less so since highways came out, but a few things I noticed and later figured it is just the chaos enemy mechanics at work.

1) when a person on the kos list sets off the settlement alarm he is now flagged ENEMY and highlighted in red

2) Something is wrong. An irritating feeling comes over you and you cannot focus. Your normal skillgains suffer.

so if you were actually working on your skills, someone could essentially put an end to that merely by standing in your perimeter and continuously setting off the alarm

3) only checked with a off deed mine door (originally thought the player was bugged when he was walking in and out), but your off deed mine doors and I will assume its the same for gates and doors unlock for the enemy when you go through the entry

Now I know its rare for people to use KoS, and even rarer to have a enemy situation that affects nearby mine doors and maybe house doors/gates as well, so its possible no one has run into this before or its a new bug from some recent change either highways or death tabs or if this is even intended for freedom.

GM Aion can add some more details to this as he investigated the mine door last night as I thought it was not working correctly.

7 hours ago, Sn00 said:

When he becomes marked as enemy , can you harm him?

Sadly nope, I did try. ;)

Added to the bug list, if anyone has any other issues it can cause let me know here.

Just to set the record straight a friend and I were camping a fallen deed near ours and this guy shows up. He proceeds to drop a deed and kos us to stop us from looting as a wall was about to decay.  After ganking 3 three templars several times I noticed he was red to me, i tried to attack him back with no luck and he proceeded to a mine door and I followed him in. This went on for a couple hours then a GM Aion shows up and tried to recreate the scenario. I sent him screenshots of jake being red (enemy) to me. If anyone was being an "arse" look at the original poster in this thread.