Sign in to follow this  
Billiam

Sawrio Server

Sawrio server isn't up to date. I also can't find the host, frozenjim on the forums anymore. Is the server abandoned ? I hope not, I have almost 500 hours invested in it.

This happens all the time with WU servers, it's sadly very common and annoying. I wish people would get a warning when you enter a third party hosted server. If you're looking for something permanent I'd say try Wurm Online. Good luck.

Even some active sertvers have not yet updated to the new patch. If it shows on the launcher as still running under the old patch, here is how you can still og in and play:

The game's been updated to version 1.8 this morning but our server still runs the 1.7 version and ... it may take few days before the server is updated to the new game version. Here's what to do to be able to log into the game without getting the mismatched version error.  Go to your Steam library and right-click on Wurm Unlimited and choose Properties. Click on t he Betas tab and use the beta version drop down (first one), select previous_version. That is what it says on my Steam at least. Yours might have the old version number. Once you close the window, the previous version of WU will re-download so be patient. To enable mods just run the patcher.bat file again in your Wurm Launcher folder. Once the server has been updated, repeat the same process but choose NONE for the version. This will cause the current version to download again.

edit: I just checked, and Sawrio *IS* up and actively running, but under game version 1.7, so follow the instructions above and you can get ingame. In fact, there are over 70 servers active and still running the old 1.7 version who have not yet updated, I imagine in most cases because of running custom server  mods that are broken under the patch and they are waiting to get their mods updated stable and tested before switching to 1.8.0.3.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Billiam said:

Thanks very much, it worked.

Bear in mind that in 2-3 months there likely will be the 1.9 update. If the server is not updated until then, you will no longer be able to connect to it anymore and you will loose everything. So make sure to contact the owner.

Edited by Sklo:D

Can a older client version be run outside the steam folder and connect to a server of the same version?

Sawrio hasn't been abandoned, and @frozenjim is still around. He posted updates in the Discord channel, and once again he got it up and running in good time. When there's a major update, it's probably a good idea to just wait a bit for servers to catch up. Usually not all mods are ready when the update is, and players get right irate if they have to play without the mods they're used to, lol.