Sign in to follow this  
Batta

RESOLVED: Magical chests, barrels unopenable

RESOLVED - I needed to completely delete threedee mod, including the config and properties files, then add them in again. My best guess is that my custom surfaces might have conflicted with the new vanilla ones, or the preset ones in this mod, somehow. 

----------------------------------------------

Since the 1.8.0.3 update, we are no longer able to open our large and small magical chests, as well as small barrels. It's possible there are other containers now unopenable, as well.  Buckets, bins, and large chests are working.

Two players who kept all their tools in a magical chest inside their inventories now show no tools at all, not even in their toolbelts. 

The magical chests and barrels don't show the usual symbol on the left that we would normally click to open them. Right clicking gives no open option either, though it does give the option to drink water from the barrel.

Edited by Batta

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

Update bdews 3d stuff mod

What extra benefits does bdew's 3D mod add now that you can place items on a lot of things? I think you can push and pull them around maybe, but are there others?

3 hours ago, Brian said:

What extra benefits does bdew's 3D mod add now that you can place items on a lot of things? I think you can push and pull them around maybe, but are there others?

You can add custom surfaces for your own server. We like to add the settlement token, for example. Looks great with a lantern or a mini pet.

12 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Update bdews 3d stuff mod

We did update to the latest beta version, but the problem is happening after that.  @bdew

Our items started opening again after I disabled the mod. Of course, any items that might have been placed on surfaces before would have disappeared; we went around and removed them before disabling it.

Edited by Brian

17 hours ago, bdew said:

Make sure you are running https://github.com/bdew-wurm/threedee/releases/download/v0.19/threedee-0.19-beta1800.zip

If it still doesn't work post full logs, including after rightlicking a container that won't open.

RESOLVED - I needed to completely delete threedee mod, including the config and properties files, then add them in again. My best guess is that my custom surfaces might have conflicted with the new vanilla ones, or the preset ones in this mod, somehow.