Sign in to follow this  
bcturtle

small fix to the UI

Since I am new, I don't know if that was posted already or if it is possible to do but I don't know how. Anyway I wanted to suggest an option (or rework) on the UI so it would be possible to use it like on attached image. I marked keys I would like to press to select tool and then use action with numeric keys.

wurm_keys.png

I understand there is possibility to bind keys to actions but it is good for small scale. If I want to do different things, then simpler it is to use it in a way most games do. Because trying to bind all actions to all keys would require probably two more keyboards or G15 keyboard to use programmed keys like G1 for alt+ctrl+F for example. And I don't even know if using that keyboard for shortcuts is bannable or not.

This game has alot of features and I don't understand why devs are not polishing it so new users will have easier time to use this game.

Simple and intuitive UI is very important and shouldnt be overlooked.

Youre allowed to use programmable keys to do sequences of keys provided theres no repeating, delays or logic in it (can't change behaviour depending on parameters being met etc)

Bind x SELECT_BUTTON_1 works for action bar buttons

Thank you for answers. In this case I don't know if this should not be moved to help section or something.

All keys can be rebound to your specifications, you can rebind all of this

bind F1 ACTIVATE_TOOL1-9

bind 1 select_button_1-6?

the f keys are the menu keys, you see the menu bar up the top