Sign in to follow this  
Wort

Problem with Email Address

I recently realized that the email account to which my game account is tied is no longer active. Is there a tech support I can contact in an effort to rectify this problem?

as long as you know your password there is a in game command to do this.

/changeemail <newemail> <password> - sets the email of this particular account to the email specified. The password is used if the email is already in use.

To see a list of in game commands type /help anew window will open on the right hand chats with a list of commands.

• Like 1

Ok, so apparently I also forgot the password. I've been using the 'Remember my password' option for logging in. When the pop-up prompts me to enter my password to change the email, it tells me I entered the wrong password. There's no way to get a password change without access to the current email address, is there?

So it's a weird thing the password it's asking for is the password IF the new email you are trying to put it on already had a wurm account on it.

It wants you to put the password of the character you already have on the new email.

/changeemail <newemail> <password> - sets the email of this particular account to the email specified. The password is used if the email is already in use.

If the new email you are using does not have a wurm character on it already no password is required.

What she means is use a new email address and then do a password request. 

@OhanaI am guessing the game would ask for the account password before you switch the email no? Otherwise it would be super easy to just switch the email on an account you dont own and snatch ownership.

7 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

What she means is use a new email address and then do a password request. 

@OhanaI am guessing the game would ask for the account password before you switch the email no? Otherwise it would be super easy to just switch the email on an account you dont own and snatch ownership.

Depend how you use the command, if invoke as Ohana described then no, if invoked without parameters then you asked for account password then a window popup where you can change email and challenge phrase.

1 hour ago, Sandyar said:

Depend how you use the command, if invoke as Ohana described then no, if invoked without parameters then you asked for account password then a window popup where you can change email and challenge phrase.

Thats crazy. Another good reason not to share your account.

I opened a new email address since the address I was switching to before had an account on it at one point, and I am still getting the popup asking for a password.

Ohana, can we take this conversation to a private chat?