Sign in to follow this  
CrazyDad543

What are your thoughts on a large variety food market?

Bakery/restaurant/bar?   

17 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in buying/ordering some of the vast variety of wurm foods?

• Yes
    • No

Every time I look at a list of possibilities for foods in wurm it makes my head spin. And I wonder why nobody had a large variety of foods for sale. The only foods for sale are affinity meals, and pizzas. 

So my question is...... Would you occasionally buy/order different food items from someone/me without an affinity preference? 

Edited by CrazyDad543
Accuracy

The reason is the affinity calculator. If you can find a tool to simulate affinities for more food I'd think more people would be interested in others. For example,  a 90 ql salad made with complex ingredients is a really nice food item.

46 minutes ago, joedobo said:

The reason is the affinity calculator. If you can find a tool to simulate affinities for more food I'd think more people would be interested in others. For example,  a 90 ql salad made with complex ingredients is a really nice food item.

https://wurmfood.com/

dos salad :)
its what i normaly make with it.
hell its what 60% testing was done with

Edited by icbash

The problem with Wurm foods is that currently different types of food are lackluster. Sure, its more varied and complex than ever but the results of making a meal arethe same 4 things: Nutrition, CCFP, affinities, and weight.

Given you can obtain all 4 with a pizza, why pay for something else? Pizzas are difficult to make, but any schmuck can make a meal for affinities with little effort for free, and it just so happens that they would also take care of nutrition (with high enough skill) and CCFP (due to the complexity of ingredients - chopped vs whole).

If I am paying 10-25 copper for a meal, I want it to last me a long time (meal pizzas) or forever (affinity pizza). Until a reason to make something else pops up, no one will care.

Imagine a world where everything edible tasted like pizza. Some thing taste like old stale pizza, others like rotten pizza and others like great pizza. 

Why would you pay for anything other than great pizza? Thats the current state of Wurm foods.

Edited by Angelklaine
  • Like 1

The problem with a food market that I always mulled over used to the the fact anyone could essentially provide veggies, meat, and make a meal no sweat.

When they added so many new ingredients to the game, crops, and the like I thought it would at least create some short term demand for certain ingredients. I was right.

However we reached the problem we once had again, crops last forever in storage, food can be cooked easily with just a little skill. Everyone makes the same items again, in this case a pizza, or in some others bangers and mash. 

The "Farmers Market" can only exist in the early stages of a wurm server, in fact if you had the system we have no but set it in a completely reset server I have a feeling localized farmers markets would become a thing, as well as crop sharing.

Unlimited farming space also does not help, you really do not even need a deed to have a large scale farm anywhere in the game, higher farming levels produce so much yield any farm-able crop sextuples on harvest. Having a forced size of farm land would solve this, creating demand for agricultural products, however that is very anti-sandbox and I would not recommend it.

For a wurm food market, based on the cooking of food, using high quality interesting ingredients to produce unique results, to actually come to fruition requires some base need for agricultural products and cooking skills.

I know this probably sounds dumb, but to me a "medieval" game should have a huge backbone in agriculture, animal husbandry, and other advanced farming techniques like bee keeping. Wurm outside of the early days does not display that backbone.

Edited by FranktheTank

On 9/16/2018 at 8:35 AM, icbash said:

https://wurmfood.com/

dos salad :)
its what i normaly make with it.
hell its what 60% testing was done with

That doesn't support the old system. It doesn't simulate outcomes and tell you the optimal choice for a desired affinity.

It should be possible to make a breakfast weighing 100+ kg, give nearly max affinity times and max ccfp. You basically make it with lots of cooked fries that use all the optional ingredients. The breakfast is a type meal food and is just as good as a meal. Yet we see very little of them. Why? because the affinity simulation/generation tools work with pizza and meal so that is what everyone eats.

6 hours ago, joedobo said:

That doesn't support the old system. It doesn't simulate outcomes and tell you the optimal choice for a desired affinity.

it really dos. my main is on the old system . use it all the time. its broken toon that have a range prob. (we just no longer support older toons)
Plus i like making salads.

it dos not do the leg work for u.  one day ill get around to put templets into it..(maybe one day will get it to auto generate )
i am more wanting to add timers amounts based on ql of meal

i made the spreadsheet . and released it so people where not overcharging for food and it worked. trust me  i got alot of hate mail  when i released it. and a bit when i helped wurmfood come about.

1 hour ago, icbash said:

it really dos. my main is on the old system . use it all the time. its broken toon that have a range prob. (we just no longer support older toons)
Plus i like making salads.

it dos not do the leg work for u.  one day ill get around to put templets into it..(maybe one day will get it to auto generate )
i am more wanting to add timers amounts based on ql of meal

Weird, the web site didn't work for me and I'm using the old original affinity system. I have no idea if my toon is one of these "broken ones". Like I said before, the reason people don't making anything but pizza and meal is because of the affinity simulation tool that tells them what to make for those two recipes.