Sign in to follow this  
Sidereal

Prospecting skill gain bug when using analyse

I've found what appears to be a subtle bug with either the UI or with prospecting skill gain.  Steps to reproduce:

1: Have a large batch of shards (100s) and begin analyzing them with sleep bonus active

2: Track prospecting in the skill tracker to all decimal places to confirm you are not losing your mind

3: Enjoy skill gain in prospecting for a period of time (30m-1h)

3a: Suddenly notice that skills tab shows no increase in prospecting skill for an unusually long period of time

3b: Also notice that the skill tracker will light green as if a skill gain tick has happened, but that the skill gain number does not change

Notes: Relogging appears to fix the issue.  Using shards from a different tile sometimes appears to fix the issue.  Continuing to analyze shards will eventually start giving actual skill ticks again after several minutes (20ish?  Haven't narrowed this down yet.)

Managed to catch it while recording - details are blurry but visible when enlarging the animated gif

Its the same system as prospecting the walls, gotta move around and hit other tiles after so many actions to avoid it.

14 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

Its the same system as prospecting the walls, gotta move around and hit other tiles after so many actions to avoid it.

I believe this one is different - when testing, I'm moving between piles of shards every 10 analyze attempts so that no more than any 10 attempts are from the same tile and I consistently see this behavior after a period of time.

At the very least, it would seem to be a UI bug from the skill lighting up as if a skill tick had been gained.

Edited by Sidereal

Foraging and Botanizing light up green very very often, even if no tick at smallest tick size possible (0.000008).

I may only get a few ticks per hour, but it's still flashing away happily.

It feels like there's a tiny tiny tick close to zero, that registers way below the displayed value, but never amounts to anything noticeable. :)