Sign in to follow this  
Shrimpiie

Blackmoor Christmas Impalong 2018

@AgentQwartyHaving spoken in-game about those proposed guidelines. Here's the main things I like:

1. It enables a strong predictive power; meaning time management of all involved is improved. Number #1 issue we're facing at Impalong is when 4-5 people are AFK the queue shifts by hours!
  2. Early roll-call gives a buffer for people to prep and to find a suitable replacement.

This system should work for any arbitrary sermon size ( thanks to blanks ).

30 minutes ago, Neville said:

Issue #1. Should people who are offline and not in the sermon team be allowed to reserve a spot in the queue?

Issue #2. Should people who's priest clients crash be allowed to keep their spot in the queue?

Issue #3. Should people who have multiple alts be allowed to queue up all of those alts or just one character?

Issue #4. Should people who miss their preach time be allowed to keep their position in queue or be pushed to the back of the line?

Now for specific Impalong concerns:

1. In regards to Issue 2. Impalong has many non-premium players, therefore a sermon participant crashing or not being online 24/7 doesn't have much of a detrimental affect on active sermon holders.
  2. Given impalong is causing some pretty wild client issues. Crashes are common, even overnight. This is where checking ahead of a slot for activity comes in handy. Don't assume malicious action always. And see above point for relevancy.
  3. Some people aren't using the discord, and this breaks a clear chain of process. Makes it harder for people to check each other. It's stressful, there's lots of names. I've been checked and corrected on some of my list postings. People make mistakes, look out for each other.
  4. If the queue changes in other ways, other than a pop and a push. Maybe a short line description of why ( eg. 4 people AFK after X. X was still on cooldown. First available at-keyboard person was Y, who went and has been removed from queue and added to back ). Just helps everybody.

32 minutes ago, Neville said:

I would like to bring attention to the following issues around "sermon rules" for discussion:

Issue #1. Should people who are offline and not in the sermon team be allowed to reserve a spot in the queue?

Issue #2. Should people who's priest clients crash be allowed to keep their spot in the queue?

Issue #3. Should people who have multiple alts be allowed to queue up all of those alts or just one character?

Issue #4. Should people who miss their preach time be allowed to keep their position in queue or be pushed to the back of the line?

etc... If anyone has any ideas on other issues that need to be discussed quote and add to this post.

Ambivalent about #1.  I can see it COULD be abused, but can also understand trying to schedule WURM vs. RL.

#2.  YES.  Why should we punish a person (again) when something happens out of their control?

#3.  YES.  Every paid toon has the same rights as every other paid toon, regardless of who owns them.

#4.  NO.  If you miss your spot, you are being rude to every other person in the list.  You have messed with every other toon's schedule.  You should be removed from the list and added to the end only when you come back.

At present, we have toons who stayed on the list even though they KNEW they would miss their next slot.  They were rewarded by being somewhere in the list (not at the end) when they logged back in.  Those who were honest about being absent were punished by getting added to the end of the list when they returned.

I love that system, AgentQwarty, though I think 10 minutes is a tad long. Maybe 5.

I also think that people should try to stay online. If not with their priest, then with another toon (for people who can't have multiple clients open). That way you still count as a listener. Just make sure not to miss your spot.

Also, for impalong specifically, I think the Discord should be used for organization over the ingame team. You have a historical account of everything that happened there - if you just joined the team you have no clue what's going on. Furthermore, it can be checked while offline.

Edited by Xandaros
  • Like 1

the way sermons have been going are fine currently, if there offline @ them in discord wait 5 mins if no show remove them from queue and go to next person.

normally i'd say remain online but i don't really think it's a issue.

Edited by Niki

2 hours ago, Niki said:

the way sermons have been going are fine currently, if there offline @ them in discord wait 5 mins if no show remove them from queue and go to next person.

normally i'd say remain online but i don't really think it's a issue.

The reason I brought it up is because there are two camps. Those who think the way sermons have been going are fine and those who don't. Yes, there are people who were upset (not necessarily while I was on but I heard through word of mouth from others) about certain situations. In order to avoid people being upset, I decided to post this discussion to get some clarity.

So far I've had a lot of fun at the impalong, Thanks Shrimpiie for hosting, thanks crew for keeping things running smoothly and the awesome events. See you guys tomorrow for another awesome day. 

• Like 1

Uh-Oh! Lovely Goldilocks seems to be in trouble:

F4Hk8II.jpg

• Like 3

I arrived at the Impalong on December 7th and have been very active doing Blacksmithing imps. I managed to get my skill up to 96.28. Furthermore, I was involved in the sermon group and managed to get up to 92.7558 Faith. I healed with both of my priests in some of the arena battles spawned by the GMs. I had great discussions with Shrimpiie, Dracaa and other staff/players on Discord.

Overall, I had a great time and I also streamed some of my activities on my Twitch channel. If you want to see those streams, you can view them at https://twitch.tv/applebrookeridge. Feel free to follow my stream as I will be continuing to stream different things. Thank you for everyone's kindness and help! Special thanks to those who donated 100QL iron to me so I could push some people's rares to 90QL.

At this point, given that activities have died down and I'm a bit burned out of imping, I'm thinking of leaving Impalong during the week and perhaps returning over the weekend. Big props to Shrimpiie and the staff at the Impalong for working so hard to put this event together over the past year and being super busy as always every single day during the event. It takes a lot of work to put something like this together and make it run smoothly!

Edited by Neville
  • Like 1

Our next Scavenger Hunt event is running as we speak!

I have placed out 4 keys across the island.

Clue 1: The keys are NOT ondeed.

Clue 2: The keys are NOT to the East or the North sides of the island.

Clue 3: The remaining 3 keys are located on the South, SouthWest, and Middle of the island.

Clue 3.1: The remaining 2 keys are located on the South and SouthWest sides of the island.

Clue 4: The Middle key is not inside the volcano.

Clue 5: Don't forget to check in with your local tower guards, they can be so helpful! Also make sure to not forget every inch of the most extreme tiles on the island!

Shweet has located the key to a HotS wagon located on the south side of the island near the water's edge!

Garkinmancer has also located a key that was under a boar's corpse on the cliffs on the west side of the island!

2 keys remain at large in the Middle and SouthWest sides of the island.

Seriphina has located the key to the Ebonaura wagon which was located on a lava tile on the outter top rim of the volcano!

Icenrns has located the key to the Rare Worg Statue which was located in a backpack on a tower guard in the SW of the island!

That's it folks!

Shrimpalong 2018 ! Fun times. Just I recommend everybody reads and heeds all applicable signage...

j9SRRZk.jpg

TeeeBOMB screenies ? 

• Like 1

Look who's coming to dinner:

gR2YVEG.jpg

Welcome to the Christmas impalong, goddess!

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone on the staff and the organizers of this event.  Was nice to have a social event and get to meet so many people. 

• Like 3

jp2launcher_2018-12-13_15-11-43.jpg

Flower Power.

Saraie (kimmie), Katherine, Ulviirala, Perihelion

Edited by saraie
  • Like 2

The current Scavenger Hunt will be delayed by about a half an hour currently.

Our next iteration of the Scavenger Hunt is under way!

Clue 1: The keys are NOT in the direct North or direct South.

Clue 1.1: The keys are NOT ondeed.

Clue 2: The remaining 4 keys are located in the Middle, NorthEast, and East sides of the island.

Clue 3: The remaining 3 keys are located in the Middle and East sides of the island.

Clue 3.1: Just because the clue stipulated the keys were offdeed, did not mean they were miles offdeed!

Clue 4: Make sure to check those ridgelines in the Southern area of the Middle of the island.

Clue 4.1: Make sure to also check those ridgelines near Blackmoor's Southern edge.

Travic has located a key under a cherry tree tile on the West side just South of the deed there, that goes to a Digger and an Axeman statuette!

Thepriest has located a key under a corpse of Bambi(deer) in the NorthWest near the water that goes to a Hell Horse Statue!

4 keys remain at large!

Madnath has located a key at the water's edge in the NorthEast that unlocks an MR Wagon!

3 keys remain at large.

Pippadippa located a previously thought-lost key on the East side that goes to a Bull vs. Bear HotA Statue!

Legios has located a key just South of the volcano along the ridgeline that goes to a Bison vs. Wolf HotA Statue!

1 key left!

Congrats to all the Scavenger Hunt winners from last night!  A special congrats to Madnath for winning the exact wrong wagon lol :P

A big word of thanks to Shrimpiie for hosting an amazing impalong, I also wanna thank his incredible staff team. It was surely an event I won't forget :) I wont make the Tournament of Carnage unfortunately but I still enjoyed every minute I was here.

You guys are awesome. See you next year. Merry Christmas and Happy new year. 

• Like 2