Sign in to follow this  
Shrimpiie

Blackmoor Christmas Impalong 2018

Tell Enki not to blow his wad before the weekend even starts!

Firstly, holy smokes what an amazing presentation of all the info and rules! Little icons and everything. Magnificent work! If that says anything about how well the actual impalong will be organized, this seems like a cannot-miss event! I'm getting my stuff packed and will be on my way soon. 

Some newbie questions from an inexperienced impalonger: 

1) Do I use my own tools to help with imping or are some provided?

2) If I'm meant to use my own tools to imp, should I bring my very best tools or my worst ones?

3) If the item I brought to be imped gets destroyed during the enchantment process, am I allowed to put a -new- item of the -same type- "into the cycle of improvement and enchantment"? Just wondering because we are not allowed duplicates. But what if I really really need a good hammer for instance.

4) Could someone remind me of how sermons work? I've only been to one once and can't remember.

5) Lastly, could I get a room please!

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Malena said:

Firstly, holy smokes what an amazing presentation of all the info and rules! Little icons and everything. Magnificent work! If that says anything about how well the actual impalong will be organized, this seems like a cannot-miss event! I'm getting my stuff packed and will be on my way soon. 

2) If I'm meant to use my own tools to imp, should I bring my very best tools or my worst ones?

3) If the item I brought to be imped gets destroyed during the enchantment process, am I allowed to put a -new- item of the -same type- "into the cycle of improvement and enchantment"? Just wondering because we are not allowed duplicates. But what if I really really need a good hammer for instance.

4) Could someone remind me of how sermons work? I've only been to one once and can't remember.

I'm not speaking in any official capacity, but having attended impalongs as imper, and Shrimpiie's in particular:

1) I always used my own tools, and have never seen them being provided. That'd probably be too much overhead. If you lack a tool, someone may have spares though, I think it's best to make sure you're fully armed though.

2) Since they are your own tools, and your own time that you spend pro bono, I think that's up to your discretion. I use me best tools to imp as many tools as possible, but if you wish to use skiller tools and be slower but get more gains, who are we to tell you not to... (Unless you become unreasonable slow and inefficient due to fails and interfere with faster impers? That's a nuance I'd refer to Shrimpiie for.)

4) There's usually a team of priests who use the teamchat to coordinate the cooldowns. Those are 3 hours for everyone individually, at the same time a listener has a cooldown of 30 minutes. That means one sermon is held every half an hour, and you yourself can hold one every 3 hours. In teams of less than 6 (active) priests, it is important to pay attention to your own cooldown and not be tempted to sermon too early, giving you no gains and resetting the cooldown again (I think?). Ingame timers are your friend.

A queue of names is maintained and copypasted throghout the team chat, usually using "/me" for highlighting. The next sermon time is announced as "xx:<mm>", denoting the minutes when to start. (It's literally just 'x' for the hours because it's different timezones and they'd just be confusing. They only look at minutes.)

Just get invited by someone around the altars, ask to be added to the list, the coordinator ought to post an updated version with you appended at the end or inserted into a free slot in between. The coordinator ought to call out priests on their turn if they don't react, but if they do, they should announce that they start sermoning in the team chat (Also via /me).

When you are done with a sermon, post the line of your faith gain from the event tab, and make sure your settings will allow for them to show. It's nice to see how well the gains are, but it's primarily to know the precise time when to do the next sermon, as it is in everyone's interest to utilize the time as tightly as possibly. An updated list should then be posted with the next sermon time infront, with your name moved to the end of the queue.

Also, in the spirit of using the time efficiently, if you go AFK please let the coordinator know so they don't have to ask 5 minutes for your and then move you at the end of the queue, although sometimes people are nice and just bump you to the next slot if it was at all possible to just let the next person do the sermon. (Depends on their cooldown.)

For 3) and 5) I don't presume to speak or have literally no say in it. :)

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Flubb said:

I'm not speaking in any official capacity, but having attended impalongs as imper, and Shrimpiie's in particular...

Thank you very much for the help Flubb!

Im sailing over later today, is it ignorant of me to ask for a room? I understand if I'm late and the hotel is full. Can imp almost anything so will be where the need is.

If there are spaces available can you assign a room to Proseedda :)

Edited by Proseedda

Planning to come over with two characters later this weekend.

Thorin is able to do CAS, BS and Carp and to a lesser content WS and FC; so he can jump in at several smithing spots when needed.

Frodo is able to do LW.

Thorin :)

Impalong in full swing:

wurm.20181208.1721.jpg

wurm.20181208.1724_1.jpg

wurm.20181208.1723.jpg

wurm.20181208.1724.jpg

• Like 5

Update to everyone, I apologize that I was late in getting the Scavenger Hunt going; I was out getting a Christmas tree that took much longer than expected. In about an hour and a half from this post I will be setting out the first keys. I will provide some clues as time goes on as to the location of these keys. Only I will know the exact location and more importantly the quality, so bring any keys you collect to me and I will check them against my records to see if you won!

11 hours ago, Malena said:

Flubb answered all those questions quite well actually, in regards to the fifth one, I have assigned you a second floor room in Freedom Inn 2!

As for question 3, yes you are entirely allowed to put a new one in. The rules are mainly working for folks that intend to abuse the services of the Impalong such as putting in multiple of the same item ect when you really do not need 4 hammers for instance. It is you best judgement in most cases for duplicates and the like.

9 hours ago, permo said:

Im sailing over later today, is it ignorant of me to ask for a room? I understand if I'm late and the hotel is full. Can imp almost anything so will be where the need is.

I have assigned you to a second floor room in Freedom Inn 2.

9 hours ago, Ehizellbob said:

will be coming along after RL work tonight, could I get a room please? :)

7 hours ago, Proseedda said:

If there are spaces available can you assign a room to Proseedda :)

The first round of the Great Scavenger Hunt has begun!

I have dropped 2 keys somewhere on the island.

Clue 1: They are offdeed only.

Clue 2: They are in the East and South, NOT the West or North.

Clue 3: Don't forget those trees!

Clue 4: Definitely don't forget those Cedars on the South side!

• Like 1

Icenrns has located one key that was under a Fir Tree, in the SE near the cliffs!

One key is still at large folks!

Next clue added to the post.

Fabricant has located the other key under a Cedar Tree, in the S, near the cliffs!

All keys have currently been found!

Had to leave the impalong early, but just wanted to thank Shrimpiie and everyone who helped him put this together. The event was amazing! Everything was so well organized and well planned out. Got a nice bit of imping done, even turning one of the bows rare, as well as getting many of my trusty tools pimped up. Thank you everyone who put your love and care into improving them! 

The best of luck with the rest of the impalong and I'll be sure to be back next year! ❤️

BTW Shrimpiie you can give my room to Kiralie if she hasn't already contacted you. I know she was looking for a room.

• Like 2

Hi all.

Realized I needed to post the rules for Deal or No Deal. So here they are. First game will begin in about an hour.

-------------------------

OFFICIAL GAME RULES

- The game will consist of 20 large chests placed at the Impalong deed. Inside each locked large chest will be a small chest containing a cash amount ranging from 1 iron up to 50 silver.
- Each contestant will be selected randomly using a barrel full of keys. One by one people queued up will tell me (in Local) which number key they wish, from a small barrel on the ground. I will pass that key to them. The person uses that key in an attempt to open a small chest on the ground in front of me. If the key opens the small chest, that person will be the contestant.
- The contestant will be required to "claim" one of the 20 cases to use as their starter case. After this the contestant will be asked to open a specific number of the remaining cases in this order (5,4,3,3,2,1). An offer of cash will be made to the player (by the Banker) after completing each round of case elimination. The player can either take the cash amount offered by the banker or continue eliminating more cases in an effort to increase the amount of the offer made by the Banker.
- If a player makes it down to the final two cases, the player will have the choice of keeping their original "claimed" case or trading for the final case not eliminated. The chosen case will then be opened to reveal the contestants prize.
- Cash prizes of 1 silver or more will be given to the winner on the spot. If a contestant wins less than 1 silver, a 90ql iron tool or iron weapon of the contestants choosing will be made and given to them instead.
- Here are the monetary values used in each game -  50s, 40s, 30s, 25s, 20s, 15s, 10s, 5s, 2s, 1s, 75c, 50c, 25c, 10c, 1c, 75i, 50i, 25i, 10i, 1i

--------------------------------------------------------------
Other rules and such that need to be stated:

- A person may only play once per impalong, if you had a chance to play this impalong, please allow
others the same opportunity (ie: no alts pls).
- Sometimes mistakes can be made. There's a lot of organizing on my side when the game is on, so please bear with me if I screw up. I'll do my best to make it right.
- Gumbo reserves the right to refuse play to any person he feels, at any time.
--------------------------------------------------------------

• Like 3

I streamed the Deal or No Deal game with Kiralie. It was intense! Here's the highlight for those that missed it:

A few technical difficulties and missing graphics, I'll try to get everything sorted out for future games.

• Like 4

PSA: I have had to move around most items within the forges in order to free up some space, This means that proximity ownership was wiped for a lot of items so you will need to contact an Impalong Staffer(ask for their help in local) in order to retrieve those items, same as you would get items from the overflow bins. I opened up more space by adding in some backpacks to contain horseshoes and any items that could fit within a backpack(mainly BS items), I also added many backpacks for lumps. I also moved around the large anvils to less occupied forges because they take up an insane amount of space. So I apologize to everyone for the inconvenience and hopefully this will alleviate some space issues we currently have.

Maybe there should not only be backpacks for lumps but also for frequent item categories e.g. iron/steel sleeves&gloves etc. to avoid 100 item issues. Dont forget leatherworking which is insanely crowded.There a coffin LW4 would make sense. Else: great event, thank you, the always helpful team and the impers.

I would like to bring attention to the following issues around "sermon rules" for discussion:

Issue #1. Should people who are offline and not in the sermon team be allowed to reserve a spot in the queue?

Issue #2. Should people who's priest clients crash be allowed to keep their spot in the queue?

Issue #3. Should people who have multiple alts be allowed to queue up all of those alts or just one character?

Issue #4. Should people who miss their preach time be allowed to keep their position in queue or be pushed to the back of the line?

etc... If anyone has any ideas on other issues that need to be discussed quote and add to this post.

The reason I am bringing this up is because when someone ends up becoming "the unofficial lead" of the sermon queue because people come and go, sleep, etc. they want to be able to refer to a common set of rules that apply to everyone without being looked upon negatively by others. We need staffers to weigh in on the discussion as to what the "official sermon rules" should be so everyone can stick to it. Furthermore, I think a discussion like this on generally agreed upon rules, a common rule set that is, could be useful for other sermon groups running large sermons at non-impalong events as well. It would be nice for a thread to set the standard.

-- EDIT --

Maybe the word "rules" isn't even the right word to use here. Maybe a simple set of "guidelines" is good enough. You get the idea though I think... We don't have to go overboard but it'd be nice to be able to point to "something".

Edited by Neville
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Neville said:

I would like to bring attention to the following issues around "sermon rules" for discussion:

Issue #1. Should people who are offline and not in the sermon team be allowed to reserve a spot in the queue?

Issue #2. Should people who's priest clients crash be allowed to keep their spot in the queue?

Issue #3. Should people who have multiple alts be allowed to queue up all of those alts or just one character?

Issue #4. Should people who miss their preach time be allowed to keep their position in queue or be pushed to the back of the line?

etc... If anyone has any ideas on other issues that need to be discussed quote and add to this post.

The reason I am bringing this up is because when someone ends up becoming "the unofficial lead" of the sermon queue because people come and go, sleep, etc. they want to be able to refer to a common set of rules that apply to everyone without being looked upon negatively by others. We need staffers to weigh in on the discussion as to what the "official sermon rules" should be so everyone can stick to it. Furthermore, I think a discussion like this on generally agreed upon rules, a common rule set that is, could be useful for other sermon groups running large sermons at non-impalong events as well. It would be nice for a thread to set the standard.

In past i have seen use this format: sermon queue xx:34 player1, [player2], player3, player4..... [player2] means he/she is afk but online for help faith gain and he/she move until first of list, and when come back can keep sermon once is his/her turn and if come before he/she is first in line brackets are removed around name. About those issues #1 if someone is offline, its lost place for queue. #3 only priest can queue. #4 if those are informed to be afk, look what i wrote [player2]. 

Edited by monsterix

I want to sugggest a system I found useful for sermon circles.  A few simple rules:
1. (obviously) Add people to the end of the list when they join.
2. (obviously) When a person completes a sermon, they go the end of the list.
3. Any person who doesn't announce their presence at least 10 minutes prior to their time slot, is dropped from the list and their timeslot becomes "open".
4. When the current timeslot is "open", anyone may CHOOSE to fill it, with priority given to the one closest to the front of the list.  That person's timeslot is then listed as "open".
5. "open" timeslots are never transferred to the end of the list.
Optionally, for very small circles, or to allow people to schedule further out, "blank" can be used as a placeholder.  Then people are added at the first "blank" or the end of the list, 
whichever is earlier.
This system means you can depend on your assigned time, even if an earlier person(s) misses theirs.  
It also gives preference to anyone currently online and to those who have waited the longest.
Note that if there are fewer than 6 people in the circle, a newcomer (at the end of the list) will automatically be the only one eligible for the first "open" timeslot.

• Like 1