Sign in to follow this  
Thalius

Add Kegs and price setting option on larders, or an NPC Tavern Barkeep, please (Updated)

So, with all the constant "please add this" posts, how does one tell if a suggestion has caught the attention of the devs?  At what point does one know if an idea has been approved, dismissed, or is filed away for closer consideration at another time?

• Like 1

Bumping this suggestion to keep the dream of an NPC  barkeep near the top of the pile.

Would hate to see him/her get lost and forgotten...

On 9/21/2018 at 7:13 PM, Hordern said:

Can't this already more or less be done by stocking a merchant with jars (or similar) of liquids?

Also, merchant stalls can’t be placed within a building, so no chance one could be sort of set up in a tavern setting as a barkeep selling wine barrels or flasks even.

It could be fun, hanging out in the tavern grinding on some small project, talking with friends and listening to a tavern barkeep version of a wagoner carry on in the local chat feed, telling lame jokes and such. ?

*edit:* Stalls can’t currently be placed indoors, but merchants can.  (I was a little slow learning this. ?)

I suppose if some options were created to assign certain jobs to a merchant, such as “barkeep”, than certain parameters could be assigned to that job setting that would allow a merchant to act as a barkeep and allow only for the selling of food and drink items on a per serving basis.

Edited by Thalius

+1 I suggested a banker and medic before too maybe for the same reason.

I can't imagine it would be bad for the game having people buy npc like this then building for them.

I revised this topic a bit after some time and thought.

I think I lean more toward adding the keg option that was put forward as well as adding some mechanics to a larder that allow for per serving sale options.

Allowing these things would allow for a more varied and diverse tavern setting, in my opinion, or simply allow players to set up a keg and larder in a location for passers by to access.

Humbly submitted once again...

+1 but honestly you'd need to make beverages worth buying in order to really make kegs and such worthwhile.

2 hours ago, Madnath said:

+1 but honestly you'd need to make beverages worth buying in order to really make kegs and such worthwhile.

I agree.  To make them really worth selling, there would have to be some improvements to the beverage system.  Call me optimistic, but I see that coming down the road.  Never the less, it would just be for fun right now, for the most part.  You could not charge much for most things, I would not think.

Giving an old idea a bump at what seems an appropriate time in the game. 
Hoping some version of this is somewhere on the list of things to come.

+1 I really like the these ideas! The ability for players to be able to buy a portion of food or drink in game from their immediate location is long overdue in Wurm. It would really make setting up a Tavern, a B&B or a Mead Hall worth while!

• Like 1

On 1/3/2019 at 6:35 AM, Madnath said:

If the barkeep or the kegs could keep the weaker beverages from spoiling (beer, mead, tea etc.) that could be a real value-add to the whole bev system, affinity gap aside.  Then you just have the issue of weak timers.