Sign in to follow this  
Darkness1990

Mining Bug!

2 minutes ago, Sklo:D said:

Yeah well you can try out and maybe you will have luck, personally I am unsure if this can be fixed in a 100% good way.

What must I do to try and fix this then, its worth a try I can always backup the server and give it a try, just no idea what to do?

I personally would check the map for tiles which are rock but above the rock layer. Turn those tiles into the biomes around them, like grass, steppe, or whatever. Only let them be rock if they are really at the rock layer.

This will also break cave entrances, so it is maybe the best also to close all "holes".

Still no guarantee that this works.

Edited by Sklo:D
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sklo:D said:

I personally would check the map for tiles which are rock but above the rock layer. Turn those tiles into the biomes around them, like grass, steppe, or whatever. Only let them be rock if they are really at the rock layer.

This will also break cave entrances, so it is maybe the best also to close all "holes".

Still no guarantee that this works.

How would I change them? what files must I edit?

39 minutes ago, Darkness1990 said:

Well this really sucks... ?

You need to write code interpreting the map data. It is not possible to just edit that by hand.

There is an API but you really need a complex and smart algorithm to edit the map as you need it: https://github.com/codeclubab/WurmModServerApi

2 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Would paint terrain work? 

Should work. But for example a 2k server has more than 4 million tiles. Could take a long time and rock tiles are affected over the whole map.

Edited by Sklo:D

35 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Yeah I think most it does is 9x9

Yep, which makes things look ugly and still takes a huge amount of time.

On 9/15/2018 at 12:51 AM, Darkness1990 said:

Hi, Just found on my server we can dig/dredge Rock tiles on cliff faces, can also mine/tunnel depending what tool you're holding,  some you can only dig some you can mine also.

Mods I have that have anything to do with mining or digging are

better digging mod, dig like mining mod, surface mining mod, moon metal mod, I also had to use Cave Resource fix as my ores were only at 40-50 hits.. 

Flatten and level dont work, only dig action...

Dig and mine option..

Reveal hidden contents

Only dig/Dredge option (Tile next to the one above)

Reveal hidden contents

Hi Darkness,

We are just starting a new server and are having that issue with the ores only having minimal ore in them before popping... can you tell me about the Cave Resource fix or where to find info on it?

Thanks!

On 9/15/2018 at 11:53 AM, Sklo:D said:

You need to write code interpreting the map data. It is not possible to just edit that by hand.

There is an API but you really need a complex and smart algorithm to edit the map as you need it: https://github.com/codeclubab/WurmModServerApi

I've solved it. No complicated algorithm.

• Like 1

I found a solution by replacing the rock_layer with a new one using the same map. Players cant dig rock now :)