Sign in to follow this  
Darkness1990

Mining Bug!

Hi, Just found on my server we can dig/dredge Rock tiles on cliff faces, can also mine/tunnel depending what tool you're holding,  some you can only dig some you can mine also.

Mods I have that have anything to do with mining or digging are

better digging mod, dig like mining mod, surface mining mod, moon metal mod, I also had to use Cave Resource fix as my ores were only at 40-50 hits.. 

Flatten and level dont work, only dig action...

Dig and mine option..

Only dig/Dredge option (Tile next to the one above)

Edited by Darkness1990

You have the ebony wand activated and youre on a GM toon, won't let you dig or dredge but since it is a largely universal tool those options will show.

If general players are having these options showing please list what tools they're using, and if the action lets them

yeah a player was the one who said he can dig rock tiles. He is using a shovel I can dig with the wand or a shovel.

The tile I'm digging is rock and its dropping dirt, the player can also do the same action.. Only dig works flatten and level don't " You can not dig in the solid rock."

As you can see I'm also using a shovel..

I've also removed "dig like mining mod" as betterdigmod by Bdew do the same thing, drop dirt etc

If I hold a pickaxe its fine only the option to mine and tunnel shows, but if I hold a shovel I can dig the rock tile. Holding a wand I can do both because as you said GM powers.

Edited by Darkness1990

6 minutes ago, Darkness1990 said:

I've also removed "dig like mining mod" as betterdigmod by Bdew do the same thing, drop dirt etc

Are you using a custom map created with the map generator?

1 minute ago, Darkness1990 said:

this one, but long awhile ago. 

Yep there is a bug which involves dirt layer and rock layer not matching each other. Rock is shown but you always can dig down a few slopes until you really hit rock. Last time I checked this is fixed in the fork and far more improved version. So use this one:

It is not a game but nor a bugged mod, so all good with your mods. Just the map itself is a bit broken.

Edited by Sklo:D

Yeah sorry @Sklo:D Thats the version I used, I posted the wrong link.

How can I fix this? as I really cant start a new map

How can I fix this? as I really cant start a new map

How deep can you dig on rock? At some point there should be the hit tock message appearing.

WGenerator is definitely the world gen I used

Ok i just checked, [19:06:51] Tile 1387, 886 now at 621, rock at 590.

Just now, Darkness1990 said:

Ok i just checked, [19:06:51] Tile 1387, 886 now at 621, rock at 590.

And this tile is rock? 

If yes, then you can see that you can go about 31 slopes down until you really hit rock.

The generator from Budda which I posted?

@RetrogradeI used the wand on the tile, Special - get info I just get "[19:08:21] It contains 0 items. [19:08:21] Path is no path."

I used the gen by Eitr WGenerator 2.9

@Sklo:DYeah the tile is rock tile and I can dig down about 31 until I really hit rock.

@Sklo:DYeah the tile is rock tile and I can dig down about 31 until I really hit rock.

What I expected, still not sure how that happened as this bug has been fixed long time ago in the Map generator.

Ok how can I fix it in my world now? :(

Well, it depends.

Can you open caves on the "bugged" rock tiles?

With a pickaxe yes. with the wand I get only options to dig flatten level dredge etc if I pick with the pickaxe once, then I get the option at the end with the wand to mine.

Edited by Darkness1990

4 minutes ago, Darkness1990 said:

With a pickaxe yes. with the wand I get only options to dig flatten level dredge etc

How old is the map?

I don't know few years, how can I check? 

Well then it can be explained, back when the map has been created this bug was not fixed.

Years is what I expected, don't need an exact time.

2017 I made it I think. maybe late 2016

Tunnelling on a bugged tile definitely worked, with the wand I could only dig, but if I used a pickaxe I could tunnel. With the shovel I only get the option to dig and rummage etc

Edited by Darkness1990

7 minutes ago, Darkness1990 said:

2017 I made it I think. maybe late 2016

This was fixed in version 2.5 as you can see here:

https://github.com/mr-short/WurmMapGenerator/releases/tag/2.5

Sadly there is not much you could do here, you only can dig into the map datalayout and spend lots of time to figure a way to fix this problem without completly messing the world up. I am also quite sure there is no real way to fix this without resetting the cave entrances on the server. It is quite hard to find a solid fix for this, since there are so many things you could break by changing the map, for example having houses on ground which is no longer flat and so on.

I don't mind if its only going to reset the cave entrances

Yeah well you can try out and maybe you will have luck, personally I am unsure if this can be fixed in a 100% good way.