Sign in to follow this  
Damascus

Makers mark to fencing and walls ..

There is as much need for sigs on fences as there is on houses, its none of your business who built it, unless it is blocking access to your deed or a building off deed, then that falls into the category send in a support ticket.

That is pretty much a cut and dry case. 

If the fence is off deed and you don't like it there is a easy means to remove them with no need to cry over it, just do it.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

There is as much need for sigs on fences as there is on houses, its none of your business who built it, unless it is blocking access to your deed or a building off deed, then that falls into the category send in a support ticket.

That is pretty much a cut and dry case. 

If the fence is off deed and you don't like it there is a easy means to remove them with no need to cry over it, just do it.

You do realize all this talk about people "crying," which comes across and is likely completely meant as pejorative, just as easily applies to you.  For instance, you're crying over a name on a fence.  Think about that.  It's your name, and you're crying over it.  Why are you crying over your name appearing on a fence, that you built, with good intentions?

The issue is much like this thread.  You build a fence.  It's in my way.  Rather than give a hoot about anyone else, I just pummel it, because I only care about me.  You come along, see your fence has been pummeled.  You only care about you, so you rebuild.  Up the QL this time.  Maybe put a second fence.  I come back along, I see that nuisance of a human being has only cared about himself when clearly the world revolves around me, so I pummel the fence.

yadda yadda.

Your world is very tiring, inefficient, and just generally a pain in the arse.

Me, I'd much rather just have a chat with someone before getting into all that wasted time above.  Presumably someone built that fence for a good reason.

• Like 4

This thread isn't about fences or signatures, its about lazy players who can't deal with a simple problem themselves.

• Like 2

Weren't you the one crying about not receiving a warning when you're about to use the wrong type of woodscrap the other day?

Have you sorted them yet, by the way?

I suggest you make a bsb for fruit scraps and one for normal wood scraps, that way devs don't have to waste time on your ineptitude.

Signatures on fences or not?  I am on the fence about that (excuse the pun), since we can rename houses and just the GMs will then know who built a house. Bashing fences off deed are painful and cause carpal tunnel and one of the things I absolutely despise in this game.  Will adding a signature solve this? No.  Even if you know who built the structure, you may still be out of luck if they are afk, not online, someone's non-playing alt or taking a break from Wurm.  

However, it seems this thread now devolved further into people specifically fencing mission items.  It seems a similar sticky situation as the differences in opinion between whether to trap and privately kill a unique, or not.  Overall there should be a balance between the interest of individual and small groups and the interest of the wider community.  As I speak from a PvE perspective, doing things that are essentially PvP on PvE can easily seem like toxic player behaviour.  Things that are not against the rules per se may still harm the general "vibe" (note The Castle wisdom in the video below!) of what is the essence of a multiplayer role PLAYING GAME:

play
/pleɪ/
verb
gerund or present participle: playing
  1. 1.
    engage in an activity for enjoyment and recreation rather than a serious or practical purpose.

+1

If you create something, and are ashamed to be associated with its creation; then you probably shouldn't have created it.

It's not about lynching griefers, it's about making people think a bit before they do something because they are recognisably accountable for it.  If you think "I had better do this with an alt to hide that I did this", then you are probably not doing something very nice to other players in game.

This won't solve the problem of dedicated griefers, too many work arounds, but it will make their work a bit harder.  Lets face it, no-one is losing out there.

If someone fences something that they shouldn't, all it takes is a report.  They will decide if the fence needs to poof or not.  They can also see who built it etc because you know that is kinda how they decide if someone has been misbehaving or not. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fairyshine said:

Bashing fences off deed are painful and cause carpal tunnel

It is the easiest task in the game, the 30 seconds between bash's provides plenty of relief for my aching wrists.

5 hours ago, Reylaark said:

You build a fence.  It's in my way.  Rather than give a hoot about anyone else, I just pummel it, because I only care about me.  You come along, see your fence has been pummeled.  You only care about you, so you rebuild.  Up the QL this time.  Maybe put a second fence.  I come back along, I see that nuisance of a human being has only cared about himself when clearly the world revolves around me, so I pummel the fence.

see, it all works out in the end. at some point someone decides they dont care and stops. until that point it is sandbox as usual.

Edited by armyskin

did anyone use my idea of building a 1x1 shack next to it that gets people banned if they block it off

its really quite simple

As Pashka said, just report it to a GM and they will know who built the fence and remove it for you if justified. Simple, so I see no need at all to label every fence section in the game for this purpose, or any other really.

=Ayes=