Sign in to follow this  
Damascus

Makers mark to fencing and walls ..

If it was a waste of time for you to deal with it then why does this post exist?

2 hours ago, Damascus said:

I did not contact a GM because it was a waste of time , I mentioned it in Inde chat and others agreed it was a shitty move ..

So you waste everyone else's time because someone made a fence which made you sad?

Its literally just a name being added to fences, no opinion on the act of blocking monuments which is also irrelevant to the fact its just a name being added to the fence.  Some people are acting like the guy stomped on their juicebox and gave them sparkling water instead

• Like 2

+1 to adding names to fences. I'd just like it because it's fun to see who's built what (regardless of whether or not it has anything to do with griefing).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrGARY said:

Its literally just a name being added to fences, no opinion on the act of blocking monuments which is also irrelevant to the fact its just a name being added to the fence.  Some people are acting like the guy stomped on their juicebox and gave them sparkling water instead

giphy.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roccandil said:

+1 to adding names to fences. I'd just like it because it's fun to see who's built what (regardless of whether or not it has anything to do with griefing).

Names are already on fence gates, names no more need to be on fences as buildings.

Start taking names, folks.

Those who are THIS vehement in defending the actions of trolls and griefers must have a reason, eh.

• Like 2

I don't think they are defending the actions but do not see a valid reason for adding it.  There is a difference than defending someone's actions and not being for your suggestion.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

Names are already on fence gates, names no more need to be on fences as buildings.

See there you are adding something I did not say , if there was a fence gate it would have been simple to fix .

But there are no fence gates its pure high QL fencing ...

Anyways this is up to the devs to decide they may glance over it and just file it under trash can ..

I just made a suggestion that's all ....

1 hour ago, Mordraug said:

Those who are THIS vehement in defending the actions of trolls and griefers must have a reason, eh.

Literally could just build a 1x1 shed next to it and leave it unlocked and the griefer will get banned if he blocks the shed off. 

People aren't defending their actions, they're saying to stop being lazy and use the systems in the game that you have access to. It's off deed so its not owned by anyone and blocking with fences is allowed. All this suggestion would do in this case is start witch hunts against someone because they don't agree with what they're doing, not that a 1 skill alt could put the last part on, so it doesn't even do what its intended to do.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

People aren't defending their actions, they're saying to stop being lazy and use the systems in the game that you have access to.

Uh huh. :P What would it -really- hurt to have names on a fence, hmm? At best, the whole "stop being lazy" canard is victim-blaming.

1 minute ago, Roccandil said:

Uh huh. :P What would it -really- hurt to have names on a fence, hmm? At best, the whole "stop being lazy" canard is victim-blaming.

You dont own a mission structure so theres no victim to blame. You think people wants the name of whoevers fencing it so they can be friends or something? No that persons going to be abused verbally because he pissed people off, and then we'll have a victim to blame.

Theres building a 1x1 shack theres tracking theres being in local theres bashing walls theres war machines theres terraforming to a high slope, theres so many options that already work just fine yet people are too lazy to find who to yell at or take any attempt to prevent it so they ask for this dumb suggestion

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mordraug said:

No one is defending a griefer, and a fence is not even griefing, just knock it over and be done with it.

People do need to learn how to use the proper tools for fence removal, and the noob troll club is not one of them.

This is a sandbox and every single thing does not need to be bubble wrapped, get a clue.

Can anyone actually give a valid reason for wrapping up a mission shrines that doesn't involve being an ass? Does it add anything to the game besides being able to do something that pisses other people off?

This is the same reason why we can't make giant moats around people's deeds. It's within the code to allow such things, but that doesn't mean it's allowed.

• Like 1

A name on a fence does not help you bash it faster; does not help you fly over it, or walk through it; all it does is tell you who that ass was.

And then what? You curse them in chat? You're still going to have to bash it old style, or open a ticket. Same as now.

Nobody's defending the griefers.

I'm defending my freedom to remain anonymous when I want to build a fence around my deed and not have people know I live there.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Shmeric said:

Nobody's defending the griefers.

I'm defending my freedom to remain anonymous when I want to build a fence around my deed and not have people know I live there.

This

• Like 2

I don't agree with names on fences.  You might as well have a server wide announcement "Wargasm is building a fence off deed somewhere!  Name and shame!".  The world doesn't need to know who built it or why.  For those that disagree, feel free to put in separate suggestions for tunnel entrances, mine doors, houses, reinforced cave walls, cobblestone tiles and anything else that you think you are entitled to know who built when.

32 minutes ago, Wargasm said:

I don't agree with names on fences.  You might as well have a server wide announcement "Wargasm is building a fence off deed somewhere!  Name and shame!".  The world doesn't need to know who built it or why.  For those that disagree, feel free to put in separate suggestions for tunnel entrances, mine doors, houses, reinforced cave walls, cobblestone tiles and anything else that you think you are entitled to know who built when.

Oh yeah, I forgot about mine doors and paving, I demand to know who made that road!

Aside from catseyes there is currently know way to know who paved that road.

STUMPS!!!!!

Who cut that oak down, all stumps should have a name as well as the logs piled next to it, and rock shards should have names too!

And don't forget about things dropped on the ground, I am sure everyone wants to know who the litterbug is.

Please put me in bubble wrap and hold my hand.

Edited by JakeRivers
  • Like 2

"We're not defending griefers!  They should just be free to be ######s and grief!" 

I stand by my previous statement, start taking names, people.

20 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

People aren't defending their actions, they're saying to stop being lazy and use the systems in the game that you have access to. It's off deed so its not owned by anyone and blocking with fences is allowed. 

Selective analphabetism eh?

Play Nice Or We Will Rip Your Heart Out (griefing)
Definition: Activities that are not constructive and with deliberate intent to do harm to others.
A ) You may not block access to deeds, merchants, or structures not belonging to you.

A ) You may not block access to deeds, merchants, or structures not belonging to you.

As I said before, names on fences specifically help make the /support tickets more specific, easier to zero in on repeat offenders without having to look at old tickets, removes the feeling of anonimity which griefers looooove so much, and hell, maybe, just maybe, help player retention since "Griefers run the show" is never a good image for a game.

And yes, I know, in come another 2 pages of the usuals saying how those affected negatively should just learn to live with it, and before the month is over we'll have another thread about how Wurm is bleeding players.

Bravo... bra-vo! 

(And just to hope one step ahead of the next loophole that's bound to be brought up... "It's not targetting any specific player!  Cookies and rainbows!  Yay griefer!"   .... Yeah it's targetting the entire playerbase.)

• Like 1

Maybe only have the names visible to GMs. Ig someone dies something obnoxious and it gets reported the GM could punish then accordingly .

Anonymity for those being nice, punishments for wrongdoers.

And of course it will be down to a GM to determine if there is any wrong doing, so if you're playing nicely then there is nothing to fear.

1 hour ago, Mordraug said:

"We're not defending griefers!  They should just be free to be ######s and grief!" 

I stand by my previous statement, start taking names, people.

Selective analphabetism eh?

Play Nice Or We Will Rip Your Heart Out (griefing)
Definition: Activities that are not constructive and with deliberate intent to do harm to others.

As I said before, names on fences specifically help make the /support tickets more specific, easier to zero in on repeat offenders without having to look at old tickets, removes the feeling of anonimity which griefers looooove so much, and hell, maybe, just maybe, help player retention since "Griefers run the show" is never a good image for a game.

And yes, I know, in come another 2 pages of the usuals saying how those affected negatively should just learn to live with it, and before the month is over we'll have another thread about how Wurm is bleeding players.

Bravo... bra-vo! 

(And just to hope one step ahead of the next loophole that's bound to be brought up... "It's not targetting any specific player!  Cookies and rainbows!  Yay griefer!"   .... Yeah it's targetting the entire playerbase.)

You do realize this was never about some fictional griefing, just someone wanting makers marks on fences.

And how do you know if the fence around the mission structure was not made by the one who built it?

The fence names are available to a GM.  They just are not available to a player.  I know that it isn't playing nice to block access to them.  But it isn't something that we cannot deal with as a player.  Putting up the 1x1 shack next to one that is having this issue will stop them from being able to block access to it.   While I do not understand what they are doing, I do know that as a player base if we have access to that name it will be a lynch mob.  I have seen that enough in this game and do not wish for there to be that many new ways for them to happen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hailene said:

Maybe only have the names visible to GMs. Ig someone dies something obnoxious and it gets reported the GM could punish then accordingly .

Anonymity for those being nice, punishments for wrongdoers.

And of course it will be down to a GM to determine if there is any wrong doing, so if you're playing nicely then there is nothing to fear.

The GMs already have these tools.

4 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

Oh yeah, I forgot about mine doors and paving, I demand to know who made that road!

Roads would be interesting, just from a historical perspective. Steel mine doors already do carry a signature; not sure about rock.

20 minutes ago, Pashka said:

While I do not understand what they are doing, I do know that as a player base if we have access to that name it will be a lynch mob. 

I'm just wondering why that would be...bad? It's been stated over and over again that reputation is everything. In this particular instance (walling off a mission structure), isn't it justified for people to be angry at the person doing it?