Sign in to follow this  
Damascus

Makers mark to fencing and walls ..

Reputation is.  But a lynch mob is not a good thing in any game.  Especially not in one this small.

What would this lynch mob theoretically do? Besides tell everyone that player X is being a butt? Refusing to trade with that person? Barring them from unique hunts?

If you have the information, what will you do with it?  Will you quietly make a post saying do not have anything to do with this person?  Will you post a single line post in GL saying do not have anything to do with this person?  Or will it turn into an hour long argument that ends up so ugly and lasts for hours that not even the person that started the argument likes in the end?  I think the last choice is how it normally goes anytime this type of thing happens.  

I'd rather protect the game from griefers than protect griefers from strongly-worded arguments. :P

• Like 1

I'm still not seeing how this isn't deserved? If I went out of my way to haul 500 bricks somewhere and built a bunch of fences around a mission building, I'm not sure why it doesn't deserve to be posted?

It's not like someone accidentally does it. Shouldn't someone be held responsible for their actions?

OMG someone built a fence on un-deeded lands, the outrage!

Right

Deed it or Loose it

My neighbors own words!

Good stuff right there.

BTW, I vote this best suggestion of the month!

Edited by JakeRivers

alternatively, make it impossible to enclose a fence without a gate, same as we can't build a house without a door.

7 hours ago, Reylaark said:

alternatively, make it impossible to enclose a fence without a gate, same as we can't build a house without a door.

That would be silly, how would you close off guard towers then?

2 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

Settle down there Hashirama.

7 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

With a gate.

If you take a look at locksmithing, you can make gate locks to keep people out.  These days, we can even set pretty specific permissions for individual gates.

Without more information on your intention, it's hard to explain why it doesn't matter.  

1 hour ago, Reylaark said:

With a gate.

If you put a gate in a fence around a guard tower, you are just letting those silly guards get loose, coming and going as they please, can't have that.

2 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

If you put a gate in a fence around a guard tower, you are just letting those silly guards get loose, coming and going as they please, can't have that.

How are the guards helping you from behind an enclosed fence?

2 hours ago, armyskin said:

nope

What's so useful about a completely enclosed fence with no gate?

1 hour ago, Reylaark said:

How are the guards helping you from behind an enclosed fence?

What's so useful about a completely enclosed fence with no gate?

im sorry this conversation has become so confusing to you.

7 minutes ago, armyskin said:

im sorry this conversation has become so confusing to you.

I accept your apology.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2018 at 10:12 AM, JakeRivers said:

Closing off guard towers is silly (guards should bash their way out).

Now this has been one entertaining thread. Thanks for opening this. While I have mixed feelings about names on fences. I do like privacy, but I do hate griefing/griefers.

Since it is specifically against the rules to block access to buildings/structures you do not own, then, of course, surrounding mission buildings clearly violates that rule. Specially since (as Jakerivers' trolling this thread clearly points out) nobody owns the mission buildings.

So, that is reportable. In my opinion, and if the developers have access to specific information regarding exactly who built which fence, then the developers can chastise/ban the perpetrators, and we should all do our part by reporting this obvious griefing. But.. I think maybe the developers do not have that information available. In that case, yes, I'd like to see names on fences. It would be a nice added feature. I also like to know who built what.

If we can not have this happen, then I'd suggest Jakerivers be summarily forced to visit each mission structure, several times while that mission is open, and do his deed by bashing any fences erected around them, since he can so easily do this. Such a nice guy. Thanks Jakerivers ? ! Specially since Jakerivers has no use for these missions hisself, and would only be doing this cause its so darned easy for him to do it, and will add to the enjoyment of the game for those of us who like participating in the game.

Good thread.

Over all +1 on names on  fences, unless the developers can find the griefers some other way. But, players (us), we need to submit griefer tickets - it's our part, that we can do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TeeeBOMB said:

of course, surrounding mission buildings clearly violates that rule

If I build my own mission structure and then a donut house around it so you know we can do the missions when they come up (since the budda nerf and they now worthless to do), cause lol at doing that with a fence anyone can bash, tough tabooties to you. There is no rule breaking there, it may be frowned upon, but its not breaking the rules. We never closed off a mission structure someone else made though.

Crying over a fence is hilarious though, get over your bawling already and bash it or catapult it. 

8 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

If I build my own mission structure

True that. IF its a mission structure you built. I'd agree w/ that.

Still is just being ornery mean tho. 

Either way. Names on fences will clear up who's fence and then we can tell if a report ticket is the right course.

Thanks your posts here JakeRivers ? was a fun read.

• Like 1

Yeah...

Dialogue with the -1ers isn't terribly likely, always kind of unfortunate but no longer surprising.  /shrug.

I have no problem at all letting people know what I've built.  Not out to bother anyone, anywhere, so... +1.

In fact, if my fence did cause another player issues, I'd rather they have the ability to contact me and have a friendly chat about it.

Not rocket science.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TeeeBOMB said:

report ticket

Why waste the GM's time over a fence you can remove easy enough.

Only need to take out one section, and if you dragging your alts to do the mission, or have friends with you (there is no point in just doing a 17 person mission yourself) it takes no time at all with several people bashing to remove the offending blockade.

And if there is a gate involved, you can see who owns the gate if it is locked.

Edited by JakeRivers
  • Like 1

We could all band together and start a minus one train on all their suggestions.  But not sure many want to stand up to the bullies who never get in trouble because they are too much trouble to deal with. 

1 hour ago, Damascus said:

Can this be locked or a dev response be nice …

? Hang in there Damascus. This is a good thread w/ a valid point. If we allow others to shut down our good ideas because they are hostile and mean to other posters, then they win. I generally don't really understand why aggressive hostility is so important to some people on forums threads.

This thread is about two groups of players. One group likes to play Wurm. Other group likes to make it harder for the 1st group to play Wurm. That is clear. Something should be done.

Keep up the good work Damascus !