Sign in to follow this  
Damascus

Makers mark to fencing and walls ..

It gets tiresome having to spend hours bashing stone walls or fencing that some jerk has placed around mission shrines ..

Add a makers mark to fencing and walls to see who's doing this  would be nice .

• Like 1

This pve on Inde but how to you find out who is doing it ?

That's why makers mark would be nice to see who has nothing better to do then grief...

This is not the first time its happened ...

8 hours ago, Damascus said:

It gets tiresome having to spend hours bashing stone walls or fencing that some jerk has placed around mission shrines ..

Add a makers mark to fencing and walls to see who's doing this  would be nice .

Silly request, a fence is a fence which can easily be removed by bashing/catapults.

If those were my shrines you would be hooped, cause I would have a long house around it.

I will add since budda nerfed missions structures, they are not worth the time anyways, why bother as they are no longer a fun group effort.

Edited by JakeRivers

They may not be worth it to you to grab a few people and go pray at a shrine with a bucket of water or what ever it needs.

But some people do them , and having them blocked off by 2 or more high QL stone fencing does not help .

And yes you can stand there bashing them if you have a tool to do it , but many are in the middle of nowere .

So if you don't like doing them  don't  .  but do not stop others doing them because you do not wish to .

+1

Is there a specific reason for not wanting a tweak like this implemented, or are you just trolling, Jake?

1 hour ago, Mordraug said:

+1

Is there a specific reason for not wanting a tweak like this implemented, or are you just trolling, Jake?

what is the point?

fences are easy to remove, anyone can do it, you don't even need premium to operate a catapult, why would a fence need a makers mark? this would do nothing, so you find out who made the fence what are you going to do? send them angry smiley faces?

oh btw, if the fence has a gate, the gate will bear the name of the owner if locked

See that's were you are wrong there is no gate and the shrines are in the middle of  no were .

Its not like you can go back to you're deed 30 or more minutes away and hitch horses to a catapult or battering ram , if only you could .

Like I said it took me over 1 hour to bash a 54 ql stone wall using troll clubs because that's all I could get off the poor trolls , who donated them in a way ...?

But this is just pure being a jerk nothing else who did this on a few occasions ..

2 hours ago, Damascus said:

See that's were you are wrong there is no gate and the shrines are in the middle of  no were .

Its not like you can go back to you're deed 30 or more minutes away and hitch horses to a catapult or battering ram , if only you could .

Like I said it took me over 1 hour to bash a 54 ql stone wall using troll clubs because that's all I could get off the poor trolls , who donated them in a way ...?

But this is just pure being a jerk nothing else who did this on a few occasions ..

well in an hour you could of built a catapult and mined some rock shards and removed all the offending fences and had some tea

• Like 1

+1 the data is already available in the database. What's the harm in being able to identify griefers? 

2 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

well in an hour you could of built a catapult and mined some rock shards and removed all the offending fences and had some tea

And in less than 1 hour minutes a Dev can include SQL data into the Examine action for every player in the game.

No harm, no foul.

It's very clear that you just enjoy being a stick in the mud. 

1 hour ago, Trake said:

+1 the data is already available in the database. What's the harm in being able to identify griefers? 

And in less than 1 hour minutes a Dev can include SQL data into the Examine action for every player in the game.

No harm, no foul.

It's very clear that you just enjoy being a stick in the mud. 

Seriously?

There exists a mechanic for removing any fence off deed, either by bashing or catapulting, can even use a battering ram. Why do we need more mechanics to 'identify' who made a fence? No one has committed any offense by building a fence simply because it can be easily removed.

Now if someone had fenced in your house or trapped a player that can be dealt with via support ticket and a gm could deal with the issue.

Other than the above there really are no rules about building fences, get over it and deal with it.

Aaaaaah the pro-griefer crowd at it again..... 

Inb4 "why is population dwindliiiiing!?" 

(Edit:  got this morbid curiosity to see how far the idiocy goes in reply to the following:)

If a few players are going around doing missions, and they constantly find the shrines etc.. fenced off..... If they report them one by one (the current choice), you'll end up with multiple CA's and GM's taking those tickets separately.  Waste of time for staff, odds are the incidents will end up receiving less attention.  Other players will just reach the conclusion that this server/game is "full of idiots".

If those players find 5 fenced mission spots and all 5 spots have the same name (they'd look... anger is a powerful driver), you end up with one report on one griefer instead of 5 reports on "someone".  Makes it easier to identify and pluck those bad apples from the community.

Edited by Mordraug

if someone wants to build a fence, they can build a fence. If someone else wants to bash it, they can. Can we stop limiting the sandbox? this is the oak trees on deli all over.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, armyskin said:

if someone wants to build a fence, they can build a fence. If someone else wants to bash it, they can. Can we stop limiting the sandbox? this is the oak trees on deli all over.

There is a place in the sandbox for open douchery, it's called PvP servers where, if you go out of your way to antagonize other players, they can go out of their way to antagonize you.

On PvE, that kind of stuff is hiding behind mechanics to take away from other players' experience, hurting the game as a whole.  Furthermore, allow me to enlighten you:

Play Nice Or We Will Rip Your Heart Out (griefing)
Definition: Activities that are not constructive and with deliberate intent to do harm to others.
A ) You may not block access to deeds, merchants, or structures not belonging to you.

• Like 2

Is this not already a thing on gates? I find names on off deed gates all the time.

As for the mission things build a house around it and lock it then give everyone access. If they block it after that report it and laugh as they get banned. Ive seen the fences youre talking about and it takes me 5 minutes max to remove with my maul, probably way faster with a huge axe or large maul. Waste of time -1.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Mordraug said:

if you go out of your way to antagonize other players, they can go out of their way to antagonize you.

+1 no need for any changes 

59 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

Is this not already a thing on gates? I find names on off deed gates all the time.

As for the mission things build a house around it and lock it then give everyone access. If they block it after that report it and laugh as they get banned. Ive seen the fences youre talking about and it takes me 5 minutes max to remove with my maul, probably way faster with a huge axe or large maul. Waste of time -1.

This is a simple solution, stop wasting everyone's time crying about a fence already I can't imagine why someone would take the time to fence in a shrine with no gate, but funny all the same, seems it got someone upset enough to demand fence sigs!

Fencing off mission objects and then hiding is the act of an ###### and coward.

If you're going to be an ###### at least embrace it. Put their names on the fences.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mordraug said:

Play Nice Or We Will Rip Your Heart Out (griefing)
Definition: Activities that are not constructive and with deliberate intent to do harm to others.
A ) You may not block access to deeds, merchants, or structures not belonging to you.

With all the alts in this game, how do you really tell who the structure belongs to?

If I build a shrine and fence, is that ok?

If my alt builds a shrine, but I fence it with main, is that ok? What if I sell the alt, can I keep the fences up? 

If I deed over a shrine I had not built, is it ok to fence off my deed and the shrine within?

Point being, the griefing rule is in place and if you find yourself in a "I'm being griefed!" situation, then each case should be reviewed separately. You can't generalize it like "This fence is not allowed because I want to get to the other side, now!"

Besides, if someone really wants to grief you like that, then the name on the fence is really not helping to solve the issue. Off the top of my head, build the fence 99% and add last piece with trash alt. What would the name label say?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Shmeric said:

With all the alts in this game, how do you really tell who the structure belongs to?

If I build a shrine and fence, is that ok?

If my alt builds a shrine, but I fence it with main, is that ok? What if I sell the alt, can I keep the fences up? 

If I deed over a shrine I had not built, is it ok to fence off my deed and the shrine within?

Point being, the griefing rule is in place and if you find yourself in a "I'm being griefed!" situation, then each case should be reviewed separately. You can't generalize it like "This fence is not allowed because I want to get to the other side, now!"

Besides, if someone really wants to grief you like that, then the name on the fence is really not helping to solve the issue. Off the top of my head, build the fence 99% and add last piece with trash alt. What would the name label say?

First off a fence does nothing, and makes this original idea of this topic silly. 

If you build a mission structure and you want it for your own exclusive use, go ahead and build a donut house over it, this will ensure you control the access, no fence will ever achieve this. I do not suggest doing this to structures you did not create your self.

If a fence is considered a problem you need not worry about who is making them, just report them and move on with life, GM's have the tools to figure these things out and I am sure if someone is considered to not being nice when they play they will have a talking too I am sure.

The shrines that were fenced of by 3 or more rows of high QL stone are not on a deed or near one .

There is no way you can get a cheap alt to make QL 70 up stone fence ...

And by the way the shrines are older ones , same happen to one in a cave south/east steppes , someone figured lets strongwall it for kicks and giggles , Ersitu found that one and was able to mine around it or something along that way .

And missions to build shrine must be off deed ...

You just seem to be a troll or the one going around building the fencing to piss people off .

I did not contact a GM because it was a waste of time , I mentioned it in Inde chat and others agreed it was a shitty move ..