Sign in to follow this  
Windwalker41

Better way to remove bridges

Can we get a reasonable way to remove a bridge? I have one that is 12x2 in front of my deed that would take me like 2k bashes with a large maul to remove 1 of the 24 tiles of the bridge, since it is not actually on my deed and a lion den  and an abandoned house prevent me from expanding it on to my deed. 

PS The lion den has the same issue and has been up for 2 weeks and only has 30 damage and bashing it does roughly .01- .03 per bash action with a large maul.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Windwalker41 said:

PS The lion den has the same issue and has been up for 2 weeks and only has 30 damage and bashing it does roughly .01- .03 per bash action with a large maul.

Not sure whether it will help -- KSWords said somewhere that High Quality Huge Axe actually does better than Maul because spawns are normally made of Birchwood. I guess the material usually defines the best tool.  Also make sure to use, or get to help, a character with high biody strength.  (Heck even test carving knife on the offchance it is categorized similar to wood houses...)

Unlikely offdeed bridges will ever get an easy destruction mechanism, unless you can also suggest a way that does not allow for malicious griefing of community structures. 

15 minutes ago, Nomadikhan said:

Catapult?

According to Wiki, 

• Catapults seem to be able to damage bridges (Thanks to Cenotaph for testing). Four Rock Shards did 8.0374664 dmg on a bridge of QL = 48.90988.
  • Combine ammunition into 80kg shards in order to maximize damage.
  • Quality of ammunition not only affects the damage, but keeping quality 25+ generally yields a chance your ammo is not destroyed. This allows you in demolition situations to collect spent ammo for using again.

That seems very high dmg to bridges, , not sure whether it is the same ondeed/offdeed and PvE/PvP ...

• Like 1

One of the suckiest things. I requested the creator gets a writ similar to a house for onstant removal off deed while still allowing bashing by others in case owner goes MIA. If we can remove walls easier, we should be able to get a battering/drilling ram device to create much higer damage per hit.

At th time I had to remove a pretty long bridge, catapults supposedly did not damage, because they could not actually hit a bridge.  Maybe that changed?  If so, then fantastic.  We had to deed over it to remove in a reasonable time.

Bridges off deed are pretty much a perma structure, can take hours to remove each section of a stone bridge by bashing. I suggest opening a support ticket and have a GM remove the bridge if its a problem, since catapulting bridges is broken and they can no longer be catapulted. 

Sure you can deed it and bash each section with 1 or 2 hits, but if you can't deed it, removing a big bridge can literally take weeks of bashing of normal play time.

Before catapults were broke, removing a bridge was easy with a catapult.

BTW the wiki is out of date as it does not reflect the broken mechanics of catapults and bridges that has existed for over a year now.

Edited by JakeRivers

Would be nice if you could make a single wide bridge into double after its built using same material the first bridge is made from ...

Save you having to destroy old one to make highway upgrades...

They just need to fix catapulting, no idea why they have not fixed this since they broke it, been plenty of time to fix the code.

As a person who recently discovered the joys of bridge building, I would love it if they could make on-deed bridges function like a building, if you have permissions to destroy the bridge it would be nice to be able to demolish the bridge with one button the same way you can nuke buildings on deed.

• Like 1

I destroyed the remains of an off deed bridge with a catapult and it worked very well. Granted the bridge was already in decay and damaged at the time. I should also add that it was part of an upper level of a decaying building. It could have been the fall of the building wall below that ultimately destroyed the bridge above.

Edited by Katrat