3 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

As an account reaches towards 100 channeling, they should reach towards never shattering an item, otherwise 70 skill or 100, it has literally the same effect

I don't know how you could hit 100 channeling, but even if you were 95, shattering a item should not happen, maybe even if you were 90 channeling, that is a serious grind in itself.

Certainly the chance should not be 1/100 at 90 or more channeling.

Edited by JakeRivers
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Retrograde said:

The metallic liquid prevents cracks and shattering too

One should not need a crutch such as that with a high channeling skill.

• Like 1

It's not a crutch, it's a protection against shattering. 

the argument that high channeling should remove the chance of shattering completely is something we disagree with, as a compromise for items that are truly important to you we have introduced a way to protect them, meaning you can remove any chance of shattering at the cost of work and effort.

Otherwise, enchant without it and risk the tiny chance. 

Failing that, not enchanting the item at all (as enchanting isn't mandatory) prevents all shattering 

• Like 1

Just now, Retrograde said:

It's not a crutch, it's a protection against shattering. 

the argument that high channeling should remove the chance of shattering completely is something we disagree with, as a compromise for items that are truly important to you we have introduced a way to protect them, meaning you can remove any chance of shattering at the cost of work and effort.

Otherwise, enchant without it and risk the tiny chance. 

Failing that, not enchanting the item at all (as enchanting isn't mandatory) prevents all shattering 

Well your mystical liquid should not be as rare as making a fantastic item, its so rare in itself, I can't imagine using it simply to protect a rare item. 

Because of shattering most of my favorite tools will never be recast for a better enchant, I could not stand to loose them in such a manner.

• Like 2

Increasing the availability of metallic liquid is a possible idea too yes 

• Like 2

@RetrogradeI'm sorry but if spend significant time to make tools from specific materials like steel(not even mentioning skills for steel) for example, imp the ###### out of it untill I get rare/supreme one, imp the ###### out of to get it to respectable ql like 95+, grind the ###### out of it channeling on my priest like 95 chan for example, burn ton of favour untill I get it close to 100 power and I have 1/100 chance to shatter on fails which happens a lot even with high skill like people already said it's a serious problem. Some items also represents emotional value for as and are sometimes irreplaceable. I know a person who shattered rare shield of 90+ql on 90 skill on dispell ffs.

Metalic liquids are fine beside being rare like like fantastics, but imo it should be used as alternative for priests with lower skill. I don't feel the chance of shatter is scaled with item material difficulty, item ql, and priests skill and I think a lot of people feel that way.

Not sure why are you so convinced that random shatter is so good item sink and why we need such item sink. Do you really call ballance that I shattered supreme 95ql 2h sword on last from 4 spells with 90+ power I wanted on it with 94chan priest? Not to mention other rares I shattered with 90+ priests at 90+ ql trying to o get to atleast 95 power...

• Like 6

Would giving some extra shatter resistance to aloys based on how difficult is to get alloy but less than moon metals and giving some extra resistance to rare/supreme items and look again how ql and skill affects and check if there is something that could be done something that you guys are willing to look into if removing shatter is not option?

I don't give a ###### even if I am breaking normal items on flat 1/100 chance to be honest, but current system care very less how much effort is put in some things. If not getting metalic liquid at significantly higher rates (like needing to do 1-2 rifts to get one) is some sort of patch I guess but not a proper solution imo.

Edited by kochinac
  • Like 1

And then if someone buys a spell of you on their important beloved item and you shatter that....ouch! You feel even worse ?

1 hour ago, MrGARY said:

With a 95 channeling vyn priest in vyn influence with a 90ql altar and 100 alignment and maxed enchanting bonus, a normal casting session can EASILY see 20+ failed casts which is statistically only 1/5th the way towards a full run of a shattered item.

No I clearly remember every single one that does not shatter because they still exist and I'm reminded of this fact every time I use them

As an account reaches towards 100 channeling, they should reach towards never shattering an item, otherwise 70 skill or 100, it has literally the same effect

Doing casting sessions with 99+ channeling is very disappointing. I don't really see any significant difference using 80 or 99 chan. I'm fine with the shatter rate IF the enchant powers scale better with skill. A 99 chan priest should not struggle to cast 80+ powers.

2 hours ago, zukapit said:

i +1 for your health bar to show ur faith and also ur sorcery title like it does with meditation path. small qol change

A nice idea! 

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

yes - those liquids do not last forever on the tools and get them is way harder than to get a tome nowadays...

• Like 1

Correct me if i am wrong, but if i am for e.g. a priest of Najho and after the changes the priest will more like its main god (Fo?) will he loose the newly added spells to Nahjo? For e.g. will he still be able to cast WOA after those changes? If not that would really suck, because i know at least one player who depriested from Fo to Najho and is now in the process to regain faith... (and i believe there are more than just him who did that)

Basically: He made a Fo priest when there only were 4 gods (3 on PvE) available, came back a few weeks, found out about the new "Demigods", found them cool, had to depriest (since there was no way to directly convert for old players....) and now he gets "kept down" again? 

Or did i misunderstood that part?

9 hours ago, Retrograde said:

for items that are truly important to you we have introduced a way to protect them, meaning you can remove any chance of shattering at the cost of work and effort.

Calling going to rift which is often at inconvenient time and hoping for a chance to get that misterious liquid which seems smaller than to actually shatter item a effort put makes me laugh, sorry had to point this one too. That can hardly be called putting work and effort. Putting work and effort is grinding NS skill, gathering some relarivly scarce or hard to get materials and making such potion for example or you know grinding channelling and imping item, that's putting effort but I guess we have different definitions of it. Really felt the need to stress this out after reading your post again.

Edited by kochinac
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

It's something that can clearly be improved, and multiple ways to achieve it

37 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

It's something that can clearly be improved, and multiple ways to achieve it

Ok, that's very acceptable expecially of rifts aren't the only source for it... But would also appreciate if you could consider some other improvements like 

1 hour ago, kochinac said:

Would giving some extra shatter resistance to aloys based on how difficult is to get alloy but less than moon metals and giving some extra resistance to rare/supreme items and look again how ql and skill affects and check if there is something that could be done something that you guys are willing to look into if removing shatter is not option?

I've stated reasoning behind them in previous posts.  That's all. Thanks.

+1 to the changes! I like the renewed focus on the original gods, the player gods never seemed as compelling and in some cases were a bit OP. 

2 hours ago, kochinac said:

I've stated reasoning behind them in previous posts.  That's all. Thanks.

Some metals have shatter resistance, gold does and moonmetals do, seryll is 100% but it's possible alloys could be tweaked, I'll pass that along. 

I do think that there should be a lot less chance of shattering high level items.

What really concerns me is that the chance of shattering rares, supremes and fantastics seems to be the same as normal items.

I think that the chance of shattering these treasured rare+ possessions should be a lot lot less. Fantastics should never shatter at all.

I have a supreme loom with no casts. At the moment I don't dare get it casted with WoA - the cost of replacing it just doesn't bear thinking about.

A normal loom if it shattered could be replaced easily, even though imping would cost a few silvers, but a rare? a supreme? How do you replace a rare+ item with the player's sig?

We have to think of the intrinsic value as well as the sentimental and hope value in these items before deciding to wipe them irrevocably from the database.

We want to encourage more people to get their most special items casted successfully.   It's good for priests and it's good for the player concerned.

We have an opportunity to give players that 'feel good factor' of getting a rare item with good casts, not shatter their hopes and dreams with a lost supreme.

Edited by Muse
  • Like 5

Just having the item rare should make it  have less a chance to shatter also .

Strange I always figured the metal type would reduce the chance , silly me thinking the devs would have figured or added that ...

Its to bad during a cast you don't start to get a message saying you start to see cracks appear , giving you time to cancel the cast ..

Some cast do take a little time and would make sure the person is looking at what there doing instead of watching Netflix or something else .

Not sure if this would be possible .

• Like 2

If you punish an activity, you will get less of it. Shattering discourages players from playing, and I can't understand why the developers defend it.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Roccandil said:

If you punish an activity, you will get less of it. Shattering discourages players from playing, and I can't understand why the developers defend it.

They think it's economy control. I think most of us disagree with its usefulness.

Shatter was certainly the reason I sold my Vyn and batteries years ago.

"Fart it, I'll just buy what I need from others and accept the dwindling casts."

9 hours ago, Retrograde said:

a 1/100 chance of shatter upon failure is by no means a serious issue. 

It's possible we could look at it with this and see what/if anything needs to be changed, but it's more a jarring aspect of casting than a major flaw, you only remember the ones that do shatter.

Not true. When the possibility of shattering exists, that thought and fear is with you every time you cast. It completely overshadows the enchanting process, and is a constant, ceaseless discouragement against playing the game.

In short, it isn't fun, and it hurts Wurm.

Again, I don't understand why this isn't understood. :(

Edited by Roccandil
  • Like 4

It would be fairer if a 'shatter' resulted in losing all the enchants already on the item... but not shattering a Supreme or Rare completely. 

8 minutes ago, Trake said:

It would be fairer if a 'shatter' resulted in losing all the enchants already on the item... but not shattering a Supreme or Rare completely. 

That may be better than horrible, but it's still potentially wasting a lot of players' time, and that's not a good thing.

Instead, if item sinks are such a big deal to have, make them fun: allow crafters to disassemble items for skillgain, or let priests unenchant items for channeling gain.

I know that I'd clear out a lot of stuff if that were implemented. :)

Edited by Roccandil
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Roccandil said:

That may be better than horrible, but it's still potentially wasting a lot of players' time, and that's not a good thing.

Instead, if item sinks are such a big deal to have, make them fun: allow crafters to disassemble items for skillgain, or let priests unenchant items for channeling gain.

Yes there are already suggestions about disassembling rare tools by enchanters to get rare essence which could be used (several of them) for a chance to increase rarity or maybe can even be used for creating metalic liquids by alchemists. Plenty of things that can be done and thought of that are rewarding and serves as item sinks. I like idea about disassembling high ql items by crafters for skill gain also.

• Like 1