Hmm... very fair points. Wurm online is a game where as said in the trailer "Or become them all!" speaking of all the skills, and wurm has always had that mindset where you could chase anything you want. And... become them all!
Dividing someone from everything is a difficult thing, but the sacrifice is for abilities, increased combat powers, spells, etc. But... Secluding someone from a game where you can "become them all!" doesn't make sense for the structure of the game. I admit.
Faith and the powers gained from it take a long time to build up and is a difficult thing to get in to with sermon groups and all that.

Meditation is a skill where you gain increased powers at a cost of nothing! You can just get 30% DMG resistance or, the power to heal extremely well or, the power to deal 50% more damage in combat for small periods, teleportation 25% increased skillgain, etc.
When you look at this you realize... Why are priest restrictions so darn heavy..? Everything you do in wurm gives benefit at no cost except for priesthood. Much like how you pick meditation paths for your play style. While priesthood ruins a lot of parts of the game.

• Like 2

Still, priest restrictions are a good thing for the game.
No restrictions means. Everyone's a priest, and there goes the charm of being a priest, all I want is for being a priest to be funner.
I don't want improvement ability really, all I want is to be able to do all labour tasks (woodcutting mining digging)
And for the enchanting and grinding to be funner and more rewarding.

Edited by Wiolo

13 hours ago, Wiolo said:

Hmm... very fair points. Wurm online is a game where as said in the trailer "Or become them all!"

ok that trailer was made by a player

• Like 2

Let's speak clearly: priests pretty much double the number of payers in this game...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rauros said:

Let's speak clearly: priests pretty much double the number of payers in this game...

There is a difference between number of characters ingame and number of real life players... Only thing priests double is number of alts as I doubt even after the changes a lot of people will play just as priest, maybe just few more, they will stay alts no matter what you do...

I personally mostly pay my priest premium for silvers I didn't buy from shop and that is mostly for 15 days when I need enchants, I only pay my mains premium with euros, so in my case it would make little difference to developers income, not sure about most of players... Even if I could be priest on main crafter I would have to prem alt from time to time either for some auxiliary tasks, like bulk making, terraforming or as enchants from other god assuming we still keep gods system, and people won't ditch so easy characters they skilled up to 90+ skill so not so sure it will make drastical difference.

Yeah it's a bit speculative but I don't think it's that straight forward that that change would so drastically impact the cash that CC earns from Wurm Online

1 hour ago, Rauros said:

i've said payers.. not players... hehehhe

Misread, lol :D

10 hours ago, Deth666 said:

ok that trailer was made by a player

LOL Uhhmm! Yes! Then why are we acting like that's the mindset the devs intended?

Seems that passives bonus are buggy on testnet. I try different priest weapon fights with same ql weapons. Nathan destroy everyone, even Marganon is weaker, dont know why. Also passive bonus 25% damage

its too much deal for one passive it should be 10% max. Also seems that BL has damage bonus too.

Edited by ftoz
  • Like 1

On 9/24/2018 at 2:11 PM, kochinac said:

I personally mostly pay my priest premium for silvers I didn't buy from shop

That silver was paid for by someone in real cash and goes into the sink which is good for economy's health. I'm paying for all my priests in the CC shop - I could keep them going on silvers but I feel I have that amount of fun to support the company with direct cash. 

Some priest restrictions looks like a good thing but I'm happy to see them going lighter.

EDIT: on WU servers where priest restrictions are fully lifted everybody is of course a priest and that takes a bit away from the game.

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Jaz said:

EDIT: on WU servers where priest restrictions are fully lifted everybody is of course a priest and that takes a bit away from the game.

That's a matter of opinion.  In my opinion it vastly adds to the game.  It's so much more fun playing that way.

• Like 3

On 10/5/2018 at 4:27 PM, Jaz said:

Exclusivity isn't exciting. It's archaic bias. 

When now  is distintegrate to hard, on testnet is supereasy. Its low cost and one shot. It should be more balance between strongwall-disintegrate. More smaller casts or bigger favor cost. strongwall 3 min cast also suck. Disitegrate cost only 10 favor strong 70, i think it should be same favor and timer too. 1 min and 70 cost for both seem ok.

Edited by ftoz

Low cost channeling spells are amazing.  Should be nice to get it into WO

Edited by ftoz

Also should be nice remove duplicate spells. Cure light, cure medium, cure serious are almost same. If there will be only cure wound and power determine how much cure. Forest Gigant  stength-Hell strength. Courier-Dark messenger. It can be replaced by something cooler.

Edited by ftoz

Dont know, what that icon "you are resistant to heal" should do, but i can can use more heal spell in that timer

Demigods should have some pre-plan difficulty spells. Nahjo has 4x100 favor spell, paaweeler 1x. It simply kills some deity