18 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

Theres gonna be a free swap for all priests

A free swap doesn't do any good if not one of the new priests have the desired spells. I'm aware we don't know the selections yet. I just searly doubt that nacho and paaw will have a equivalent under the new system.

37 minutes ago, joedobo said:

A free swap doesn't do any good if not one of the new priests have the desired spells. I'm aware we don't know the selections yet. I just searly doubt that nacho and paaw will have a equivalent under the new system.

Good. Spread out the enchants. 

1 hour ago, Trake said:

Good. Spread out the enchants. 

It's good to penalize players by taking away things they appreciate and worked hard to benefit from? I was under the impression one of the goals of the new priest system was to make it more fun. Further, not make it so you need at least 3 different priest alts to cast the good item enchanting spells.

Channeling, Soul Depth, Soul Strength, Religion and Praying should all be factors in a cast. We already have village teleport for new players so I see no need for a teleport spell. If you insist on adding it the cooldown should be super high like 2 weeks because making it a high favor spell is nothing when it takes all of 20 seconds to chop up 100 favor.

49 minutes ago, joedobo said:

It's good to penalize players by taking away things they appreciate and worked hard to benefit from? I was under the impression one of the goals of the new priest system was to make it more fun. Further, not make it so you need at least 3 different priest alts to cast the good item enchanting spells.

so basically you want all priests removed and replaced with combat priest A and enchanting priest B

While I am quite a fan of having a joat priest, its the same reason why priests are so imbalanced.  Look at all the gods currently, if you want to pvp there is only one logical choice which is very bad for balance.  Its also the same thing as armors being completely useless other than plate drake and scale until the epic armor change happened.  There should be a choice and consequence to your choice, otherwise why have so many gods with the system to add more when there should be only one choice?  One choice only made sense when it was literally just mag for combat, fo for nature, and vyn for enchanting.  Instead people got spoiled by something that should've been locked to epic and don't want balance

• Like 1

@MrGARYI know nothing of PvP and I never will do PvP.  I personally don't have a problem with removing all priest restriction regarding item enchanting on PvE. But this isn't about what I want.

There are some important points I've gleaned from trying to follow this:

1. The new priest overhaul isn't supposed to be a nerf.

2. It's supposed to make priests more fun to play and try to encourage people to play them as mains.

3. Wurm's main purpose isn't to make people get more alts.

4. Make priests more balanced for PvP.

Now the things that we PvE value (combination of benefits and spells for nacho and paaw) may be removed. I say may because it's still unclear. 

1. That is a clear nerf against PvE.

2. That doesn't make priest more fun to play. Tossing in some distractionary sparkly teleport spell doesn't fool me.

3. For PvE we will need more alts. And anyone who thinks PvE folks will chose to play priest is kidding themselves. As long as priest crafting restrictions stay most PvE people will continue to treat priest as alts.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Evilvision said:

Soul Depth, Soul Strength

these tributes were a myth for over a decade, why should they be a factor in casting now?

just fix enchanting

1/100 for shatter is crap

dispel is crap

Edited by JakeRivers
  • Like 1

On 9/14/2018 at 2:04 AM, Etherdrifter said:
  • The fo spell on show (cleanse) seems a bit underwhelming; letting it spawn random flowers would be a nice upgrade, or allowing it to spawn reeds/kelp when cast on water tiles would also be a nice change.

Interesting, could certainly ask!

On 9/14/2018 at 2:04 AM, Etherdrifter said:
  • "Healing / life transfer has a total combined resistance, much like how light of Fo has worked." - This worries me a little, since it is going to further nerf LoF if it shares its resistance pool with other healing spells.  Does this mean that, if you are healed by light of fo, you may resist a cure light wounds cast afterwards?

The healing resistance applies too all healing factors, from Light of Fo to cure spells to LT, it goes up based on the amount healed, upwards of 100% resistance with a 10 minute timer, I fought a troll and anaconda together with a 90LT weapon in leather, and never went over 2 minute resistance despite losing lots of health, it's not the biggest play on general LT usage, but could expect it to come into play more in larger battles with more healing spells cast, rifts shouldn't be much more difficult though

36 minutes ago, Amadee said:

How 'bout a Remove Marsh spell for Fo?  ?

Priests can now continue building wooden floorboards 

:ph34r:

Kidding aside, the cleanse spell could have some interesting effects added, will speak with the dev team 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

The healing resistance applies too all healing factors, from Light of Fo to cure spells to LT, it goes up based on the amount healed, upwards of 100% resistance with a 10 minute timer, I fought a troll and anaconda together with a 90LT weapon in leather, and never went over 2 minute resistance despite losing lots of health, it's not the biggest play on general LT usage, but could expect it to come into play more in larger battles with more healing spells cast, rifts shouldn't be much more difficult though

Sounds like a nerf to LT, which as far as I know, isn't really used in PvP (except maybe 1v1s). Did it need nerfing?

EDIT:

I get why healing resistance would apply to all directly-casted healing spells, but LT is an enchantment, and that seems like something else entirely. Are we also going to get temporary cold resistance if we get damaged by a Frostbrand weapon?

Also, since LT does so little healing per hit, if you have any chance of getting a LoF or Heal, you're not going to want to use LT for fear of spoiling a bigger heal, which kinda sucks.

Edited by Roccandil
  • Like 2

I was particularly concerned about the impact of resistance on LT (Although I, and i think many players do agree it's a little too powerful as is, it's essentially mandatory, limiting yourself if you choose another enchanting type)

I saw no major affects from general roaming and fighting using an LT weapon vs live, most play will come in with near death experiences and major fighting events with mass casts and again, near death experiences 

19 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

I was particularly concerned about the impact of resistance on LT (Although I, and i think many players do agree it's a little too powerful as is, it's essentially mandatory, limiting yourself if you choose another enchanting type)

I saw no major affects from general roaming and fighting using an LT weapon vs live, most play will come in with near death experiences and major fighting events with mass casts and again, near death experiences 

Mandatory in PvP or PvE? LT may be mandatory in PvE (except against uniques), but it seems of limited use in PvP. Weakening it further in PvP, while not affecting it much in PvE, seems like an odd decision.

If anything, I'd think LT needs buffing in PvP.

I also note that weakening LT (and healing in general) weakens Path of Love, making SotG relatively more powerful. (Granted, I don't think the difference will have any practical effect on SotG use versus PoL, but it's the principle of the thing. :P )

Once it's open to public testing it'll be easier to see the effects than theorising on paper, especially since numbers arent given 

It kinda bothers me how much people have suckled on to LT, I myself always use bloodthirst, when a spell becomes almost all that's used in a server, I think that's a good queue to nerf.
As for PvP however, I think that this nerf calls for allowing life transfer to heal multiple wounds at once. It kinda adds to your health pool very well at first, but scales down as you continue fighting.
But who's to say you can't just switch to a damage enchant while fighting once life transfer starts sucking?

Edited by Wiolo

Combat is, for the most part, very dull, unrewarding and massively over abundant (in PvE). LT cuts down on the down time caused by most of the wildlife being homicidal maniacs. I'd want any LT change to come with changes to the general PvE combat environment. Targeted PvP changes are another matter, but as I don't PvP I have no idea what they would be.

Edited by Darmalus
  • Like 1

I do little test and seem its good balanced. Gods give back its dominance vs semigods. Cooldowns on spells should be cover to spell list table. Some spell seems not work. Hell strength seems no affect weapon output and no sigh of increase stength. Summeon soul is big controversial. It destroy all normal traveling in wurm. People should use teleport on link for rarely or with big cooldown, if not see only teleportation traffic.

Edited by ftoz

8 hours ago, Darmalus said:

Combat is, for the most part, very dull, unrewarding and massively over abundant (in PvE). LT cuts down on the down time caused by most of the wildlife being homicidal maniacs. I'd want any LT change to come with changes to the general PvE combat environment.

This. LT is at its most powerful for any newbie skilling up against PvE mobs. One of the biggest changes in the game for me came with my first LT weapon; PvE combat was suddenly a lot less grindy and more fun. Ever since, I've enjoyed giving newer players their own LT weapons, and hearing how much fun they're having hunting.

Is that really a bad thing? Why nerf that?

Ah well, let's make Wurm harder already on newbies, because we don't need them! :P

• Like 2

LT will be 100 favor, so will be more common. LT is healing king. Not need any covers and other stuff. It will be little nerf, for example to not heal internal or some cold, fire, acid wounds.

Should be nice allow testers to create some mob. Cant find any wild and is hard to test some spells if nobody around.

23 minutes ago, ftoz said:

LT will be 100 favor, so will be more common. LT is healing king. Not need any covers and other stuff. It will be little nerf, for example to not heal internal or some cold, fire, acid wounds.

That doesn't sound like a little nerf (internal wounds are hard to heal, for instance).

12 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Once it's open to public testing it'll be easier to see the effects than theorising on paper, especially since numbers arent given 

If LT is OP at all, it's against normal PvE mobs. Since you're not changing normal PvE (that we know of), any nerf to LT is an increase in the tedium of dealing with PvE mobs. We don't need to test to know the effect; the only question is magnitude.

If the LT nerfs were being accompanied by buffs (like increased physical healing across multiple wounds), that might be different.

Really, though, as Darmalus said, the time to rebalance LT is during a patch focusing on rebalancing PvE. Then we -would- need to test to see how it all shook out. Also, we'd have new PvE shinies to look forward to, not just a general dread of knowing we'll need do more to accomplish exactly the same chores.

1 hour ago, ftoz said:

LT will be 100 favor, so will be more common.

True, but the way to balance that is to make Venom more interesting, since it also will be 100 favor. Balancing through nerfing should always be a last resort; it's better to improve things that aren't useful than to break things that are.

Edited by Roccandil

What pve mobs damage you enough that LT isn't being capped by wounds being too small and getting healed in 1 hit, but doesn't have super high DR so that you actually get anything out of lt? Having 10% resistance after the mobs already dead isnt going to do anything. LT in pve is just a crutch for low shield skill/2h wep and wanting 100% hp so timers arent effected, BT > LT anyday

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

What pve mobs damage you enough that LT isn't being capped by wounds being too small and getting healed in 1 hit, but doesn't have super high DR so that you actually get anything out of lt? Having 10% resistance after the mobs already dead isnt going to do anything. LT in pve is just a crutch for low shield skill/2h wep and wanting 100% hp so timers arent effected, BT > LT anyday

1) It's good for newbies, who have lower DR and don't hit as much;

2) It helps when facing a swarm of mobs;

3) If something nasty clobbers me (an ogre mage, say), I can attack something easier to restore health in a hurry (I'll bring cattle to rifts or slayings for this);

4) WL priests don't get BT anyhow (I suppose I could try getting a Tosiek priest, but now with the priest template thing coming, that may not be an option on Epic).

"Wounds being too small", by the way, really makes the resistance thing seems silly to me, especially since LT doesn't target the biggest wound, only the oldest. I heal a one-damage wound, and get healing resistance? Why? For that matter, why shouldn't I get a crush resistance buff when I take a single hit from a maul?

Resistance based on weapon hits makes no sense to me. Spells, yes, but not weapons.

Plus, if LT will only work on physical wounds, it means a priest healing a single burn wound on me will hit LT resistance, even though LT can't possibly heal the burn wound. That doesn't make sense to me.

I -could- see rebalancing LT to only work on physical wounds, if it healed across multiple wounds and was separate from the healing resistance mechanic. That would preserve its utility for newbies, while making mobs that do non-physical damage more interesting and maybe making LT a more interesting mechanic in PvP.

Edited by Roccandil
  • Like 1