• Summon soul: All gods.
    • This one we expect may be a little controversial, allowing a priest to summon a player to their location. It will require the person being summoned to accept the summon, as well as being PvE only. There's a large favor requirement and a cooldown so it's not one for spamming, but may help travel sometimes in certain situations!

Welp, there goes public slayings.  ?

• Like 1

That Fo spell is pretty much well.. pointless on PvE as far as I know.

Could the PvE effect be something along the lines of ... dunno.... enchanting a tile? 

Or a "Love effect" spell with a 2hr cooldown kinda deal.... you get the idea.

My 2 copper.

My 1 silver:   Daaaayum those changes look goooood.

• Like 2

Wurm I'm dreading how your going to change spell lists for demi-gods. The fact paaw has most of the good enchanting spells is one of the best things to hit priestly stuff since wurm's inception.

Edited by joedobo

Fantastic changes!! Summon spell is making me so happy.  Everyone with multi deeds on a server is going to want priests at each deed, just for the ease of travel.  Maybe I'll get a pair and keep at the two rift locations (on Pristine) as well.

I'd like to suggest that all wood cutting, digging and mining restrictions be removed for all priests.  I'm on a mining project, so I've subbed all my miners and let the non-miners subs lapse.  More revenue if you do this.  The more useful you make these priests, the more we will want to keep them all subbed.

Finally, as plenty of others have discussed, quick identification of our priests primary god and ability to just use that god's altar would really be nice and reduce clutter/domain chaos.

Thank you!

\

3 hours ago, Pashka said:

Can we get one additional change please?  We need something that will tell us what god we follow.  Some way to examine our body or something to tell us that.  I have heard that question over and over again so many times.  The answer has always to find something that most of the god's dislike like killing a road or something.  Seems like there won't be as many dislikes as before to test with.

Thanks

7 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

checking spell list at any altar will tell you god + all their passives that are granted to you after update

This helps but what if ytou dont have an altar nearby - so somehwere on your body or right click message would be great

Edited by Rhianna

49 minutes ago, icbash said:

so @Retrogradeare alter going to be dye able?

Runes work on them, I have fun with that fact! 

17 minutes ago, Rhianna said:

This helps but what if ytou dont have an altar nearby - so somehwere on your body or right click message would be great

I can speak with sendisk

• Like 2

The faith/favor part of hovering your healthbar has plenty of real estate, put the diety name there to the left of it, done ez and no extra spam in examining or menus

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Trake said:
  • Summon soul: All gods.
    • This one we expect may be a little controversial, allowing a priest to summon a player to their location. It will require the person being summoned to accept the summon, as well as being PvE only. There's a large favor requirement and a cooldown so it's not one for spamming, but may help travel sometimes in certain situations!

Welp, there goes public slayings.  ?

What? Anyone wanting to get alts to a slaying will use a creature cages, horses and a cart with the newer mechanics, this really does not change anything, public slayings will still be lagged and will not be any more lagged than they currently are. Kinda silly with this method to use a priest to summon the alt army to the slaying then summon them home again.

Edited by JakeRivers

10 hours ago, Retrograde said:

huge upcoming priest overhaul,

NoizheadToday at 3:39 PM

if dispel still sucks and shatter is still dumb then who cares the system is going to be balls

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Retrograde said:

well thats just noizhead

No, that is pretty much everyone who does casting, even me on my two bit priest alts.

• Like 5

Seriously, there is no incentive to get 'gud' on your priest, its going to suck no matter how excellent your channeling skill is when casting on tools, armor or weapons.

These changes do not excite me in the slightest.

My 2¢ ..is that these changes seem a bit entropic to me. I mean most players will likely priest up now, right? It looks at 1st glace to me that it's going to make the game less diverse.

10 minutes ago, BrandonSF said:

I mean most players will likely priest up now, right?

As long as priesting means no actual crafting, this will never happen imo

dispel and forced shatter is a serious issue though

• Like 6

i +1 for your health bar to show ur faith and also ur sorcery title like it does with meditation path. small qol change

While I love how restrictions are eased,I love the idea of new Lib spell which is LT/FB-FA combined and can't wait to test it on weapon but I also think more needs to be done about shatter and enchanting. Not much has been touched around enchanting priests.

a 1/100 chance of shatter upon failure is by no means a serious issue. 

It's possible we could look at it with this and see what/if anything needs to be changed, but it's more a jarring aspect of casting than a major flaw, you only remember the ones that do shatter.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Yeah its a serious issue when you dealing with higher rates to get a rare.

Also dispelling crappy casts sucks, really it sucks, and you know what dispelling sucks.

Edited by JakeRivers

4 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

It's possible we could look at it with this and see what/if anything needs to be changed, but it's more a jarring aspect of casting than a major flaw, you only remember the ones that do shatter.

Like a 92 ql rare pickaxe

• Like 1

I believe there are some adjustments to dispel, but full details will be in the public testing 

I believe there are some adjustments to dispel, but full details will be in the public testing 

But you are happy with the chance of shatter?

It should be based on skill rather than shitty RNG

• Like 3

If it scaled up to 1/100 at max skill would that be better?

Or are you suggesting that at certain skill there should be no shatter ever

Just now, Retrograde said:

If it scaled up to 1/100 at max skill would that be better?

Or are you suggesting that at certain skill there should be no shatter ever

I would like to think if I spent the time to grind my channeling up to a respectable level I would not have to worry about a shatter of any kind.

With a 95 channeling vyn priest in vyn influence with a 90ql altar and 100 alignment and maxed enchanting bonus, a normal casting session can EASILY see 20+ failed casts which is statistically only 1/5th the way towards a full run of a shattered item.

8 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

you only remember the ones that do shatter.

No I clearly remember every single one that does not shatter because they still exist and I'm reminded of this fact every time I use them

As an account reaches towards 100 channeling, they should reach towards never shattering an item, otherwise 70 skill or 100, it has literally the same effect

• Like 6