Sign in to follow this  
Finndar

Informational: Heat map of Indy's rift locations over 24 months

Hiya everyone!

Indy has mapped every rift since September 2016 and posted its location on our server sub-forum.  So we now have 2 full years worth of rift locations. Here is the data through 13 Sep 2018:

eCTISPN.png

As you can see, the way the rift spawning algorithm works, combined with the locations of Indy's deeds, has created a clear bias to two locations.  

Posted just because I think it's interesting, and in case you do, too!

Best regards,
Finndar

• Like 2

Solution to rift bias?  Make a small deed in rift land.  This is a nice map though.  On pristine, I think I have only seen 2 locations.  One of them is 90% of the rifts I have seen there, but I'm not there all the time.

Indy does get them up in the NE a lot! 

The server logs how many attempts it makes to find a suitable location, it's likely that a lot of areas in other parts of indy make it difficult, and likely the same thing other servers have too

[12:23:38  <System> Creating rift at x,y after 18 tries.

• Like 2

I'd love to see this for Exo. I swear every other one is walking distance from my deed (not that I'm complaining).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Wurmhole said:

Solution to rift bias?  Make a small deed in rift land.

Yep. For over a year when Rifts first started, every other time one would spawn close behind my deed on Deliverance, just shifting to the east or west in that area. Not long ago someone made a large deed in that area with also another re-deeded south of it and it pushed the Rifts quite a bit away now. It seems to me that Deliverance being smaller than Indy that Rifts here just favor two general locations rather than scattered over such a large area as Indy. Anyway, good riddance to having them near me, ha!

=Ayes=