Sign in to follow this  
elentari

When creating steel mine doors at high skill, the items (rivets and sheets) take massive damage

As the title implies, I was creating a steel mine door today using 60-80 ql mats.  I am a 95 skill blacksmith on freedom/epic. 

Made the steel door on freedom and 90% of attempts ended with the message "[23:38:47] Too many problems solved in the wrong way damages the rivets severely." 

Each failed attempt netted about 3-5 dmg points on rivets or sheets, often resulting in destroyed rivets and one sheet destroyed after 99 dmg. 

What the hell? I've been making steel mine doors for years, was this a ninja update? I never experienced so many critical fails in this game in such a short amount of time. What happened, did someone screw up last update and made mine door fails a 99% chance? This is not working as intended and I urge all 90 skill blacksmiths to try create a steel mine door and test their experiences please. 

Use a higher QL door lock to create them.  Then the steel sheet matters less.  

Reproduced this while creating a lunchbox for a mission on Indy.   Lunchboxes require 6 rivets.  I'm 90+ blacksmith, had QL74 rivets, and:

[23:23:51] Too many problems solved in the wrong way damages the rivets severely.

.. resulted in 5.88 damage to the rivet.

Items will take damage from failures as we all know, this wasnt a ninja update to make items deliberately take more damage but may have come about as a result of normalising some damage taken from large items (multi part items in the past took damage/total items, which wasnt intended) Rivets are likely just liable to take lots of damage on failure, will raise it to see if theres anything rivet specific though, since the two cases mentioned here specifically include them 

I reiterate the fact that i did this at 95 skill with half the items being 60 ql, the others being 80 ql. These failures are way disproportionate with skill level and ingredients ql. 

Lunchboxes showed up again on the Indy mission list.

Attaching 6 QL74 rivets with 90+ blacksmith resulted in one critical failure and two minor failures.

Attaching 2 QL60 leather strips resulted in one critical failure (and 14 damage)

Steel mine doors are very high difficulty items to begin with (I'm at 99.88 BS and fail more than succeed regardless using 70-80ql parts).

I've encountered insanely high damages on failures during creating multipart items lately. A shocking example was simply trying to attach longsword fragments together - I had a series of 6 fails in a row with severe damage, where BOTH parts took the same damage, around 60 in total. That was at 50+ restoration skill though, but it is insane to see this level of damage on steel mine doors, a crafter with 50ish skill will not be able to create them anymore?

Edited by Jaz