Sign in to follow this  
Jaz

Option to use honey instead of maple in wines

I suggest to add honey as an alternative option when making wine. 

Honey currently does not really have a sink, I don't see how all the honey produced could be drained into mountains of food products :P

(it is quite a blasphemy to add any sugar to grape to make wine but I accepted it already - honey will not ruin more a wine than maple syrup... I would be glad to get wine from  high ql grapes without adding any artificial solvents)

• Like 1

Yeah never really got making wine with maple I guess they needed sink for maple syrup from that point we can do same with honey however maple is seasonal and honey not really so it could be somewhat inbalanced considering personal goal which is again now main purpose of making wine anyway... I would rather see mead aging like wine and being able to distill mead like brandy is distilled from wine. So I'm neutral on this maybe closer to +1, but would like more uses for honey for sure :)

Making wine with maple syrup (and only maple syrup) is one of the weirder holdovers from before the new cooking system.

I absolutely would not mind if it just used sugar like other kinds of alcohol, or were otherwise brought in line with the rest of the new system.

I definitely +1 this, I feel maple being seasonal makes the personal goal of 5k wine very unbalanced compared to other personal goals

1 hour ago, Rhianna said:

I definitely +1 this, I feel maple being seasonal makes the personal goal of 5k wine very unbalanced compared to other personal goals

If we are talking about wine personal goal, grape is also seasonal, rice wine not counting in  it doesn't make sence, all goals are very inbalanced and that's the point even Retro brought out in one of the post. Not so much diamond personal goals also to choose from so people are stuck with wine, which is easy if you get the grapes and maple finaly but seasons prevent people from overachieving it, repair fences which if you're crazy like me can be done in couple of days roaming servers and repairing everything you find and imp to 99 which again if you have 99 skill and imbues can be done in several hours or you can pay around 10s and do it on Epic with 60-70 skill in couple of hours, not sure if there is anything else diamond. On that point i can agree that either making rice wine counts or adding honey as alternative could make sense, on the other hand we would have all diamond goals that are more easy than quite some gold ones.

Also sugar is even more logical even than maple syrup or honey(some people use it when grapes are not that good, but best wine is ofc out of just grape juice fermenting without added sugars)

P.S. I'm not aganst it just trying to list facts :) personaly i'm around +0.75 for it cuz not sure if new wave of more easier goals will bring but on another hand that train left railroads long time ago so what the heck :D Also still a pitty we are considering this just from personal goal perspective which will end eventualy and after that i wish there would be better reasons for making wine with honey, syrup, rice or sugar...

I also agree would be nice to see better reasons for using honey , sugar, syrup or / and rice. I just find the wine one unbalanced more because if you don't collect yourself it costs more than a tome to finish this goal. I feel this game is getting more and more pay to win anyway so would be nice not to have one that is seasonal like the wine personal goal. I have 2 wine goals and the repair fences left to finish, I just cant afford to buy enough grapes or maple to finish them both.

1 hour ago, JakeRivers said:

Was nothing but silence when I made this suggestion before.

You're -1ing your own suggestion, then? I'm not even sure what that means.

4 minutes ago, Ostentatio said:

You're -1ing your own suggestion, then? I'm not even sure what that means.

It means he's a petty manchild.

Either way, +1 to the OP, a lot of beverages can be "farmed" (as in, made by materials harvested around the calendar and not just during some seasons), with rice wine  this class of beverage would be part of those.

Does rice wine restore stamina like normal wine does, though? (Never made it, it was kind of the same difference to just make white wine since grapes were still the inhibiting factor.)