Sign in to follow this  
Brian

Items Disappear from Database

4 hours ago, Brian said:

Another related question, if you don't mind:

I'm looking at my IDS table on the wurmlogin.db for my two servers. My login server has just one line, for that server ID. The other server has two lines, one for each of the servers; but the entry here for the login server is considerably different, the ITEMIDS value is roughly 3 times what it is on the actual login server's value.

Is the second line of the non-login server (the line containing the login server values) ignored, or should it have the same values as are configured on the login server's wurmlogin.db?

Login Server (ID 5823):

SERVER ... ITEMIDS

5823           558127

Non-Login Server (ID 27334):

SERVER ... ITEMIDS

27334         563729

5823           1539233

Understand that there was quite a bit of mucking about with these configurations when we first struggled to get clustering to work.

The second line is ignored

9 hours ago, Sklo:D said:

The second line is ignored

Thank you very much!

I wrote a little Java app to decode Wurm IDs from your algorithm, and did some checking of my two servers before changing things. I found that the highest item IDs were, in both cases, an ebony wand from the GM toons, followed by deed stakes & a tent. This had to have been from about a year or so ago, before the servers were clustered.

I also found a number of items, mostly source springs and fountains, that had a different server ID assigned. I think these must have been from a couple years earlier, when the servers were running on personal PCs. I don't expect these to cause any problems.

I've made the fixes and the servers are back up and running. If anything weird happens, I'll note it here, but so far things look good.

Thanks again for all the help!