Sign in to follow this  
Finndar

Fixing the bridge at BDI

Hello everyone,

As you probably know, Indy lost a major bridge, connecting west Indy to central Indy at Black Dog Isle.

Unfortunately, due to decay rules, the building that is making the bridge impassable is decaying very slowly, and might have a few months more to go before we can fix things.

So for now, the thought is to build a temporary span where the thick red lines are: 

oQbNHga.png

Step 1 is to build some dirt islands.  Then step 2 is to plan and build the new spans.

If you're around and want to donate some time or materials, it's all on un-deeded land.  So just load up, head over, and help out :)

• Like 2

Dirt islands are done.

Bridges are planned.

Assembling is well underway.   Come on by anytime and help assemble!   Stone brick, rocks, mortar, labor.

• Like 1

Trystant and I are starting from the west side.  We brought bricks, shards and mortar and will begin working on the north/south piece.

• Like 2

9TqUpaR.jpg

Progress is being made!  The north/south span is done thanks to Alectrys and Trystant!   The long 2x29 causeway is more than halfway done, thanks to Tenko, Oblivionnreaver, Deth, and Zpen!

• Like 3

Bridge is now connected on one side, should be traversable just fine. 12 tiles left to do on other side, i've left crates of bricks for whoever wants to finish it, i'm tired.

• Like 2

Gud'morning folks,  Monday,  Sept 9th, 2018 @ 12:26 GMT

That is very impressive.  As I have told Davide and a few others, I am sitting on 5k of dirt to replace the eastern building with an abutment of proper height when the eastern section finally goes down.

We will try to get up there and tile count this temporary link soon, and get it onto the update of Albia Roads Map of Indy.

Kindest regards,

Hughmongus

Co-Administrator - The Albia Roads Map of Indy

Edited by HughMongus
grammer correction
  • Like 1

The bridge is complete!

Huge thanks to:

Oblivionnreaver

Deth

Tenko

Alectrys

Trystant

Zpen

• Like 4

Gud'morning again folks,   Monday, Sept 110, 2018 @ 17:02 GMT

... and a survey crew has completed the tile count for the Temp Bridge on the west side of BDI.

That data has been input in master files and it will appear on the next update of the Albia Roads Map of Indy.

A word of Caution, as the Temp Bridge is a just above sea level bridge,  boats and ships can only pass thru in the very center of each span of the Temp Bridge.

Warmest regards!

Hughmongus

Co-Administrator - The Albia Roads Map of  Indy

Edited by HughMongus
added boats and ships warning

The building that the original bridge was attached to is completely gone.. so don't know if the encumbent deed owner logged in and poofed the building or just what..but its completely gone now  (along with that segment of the bridge.)

Edited by Mitzie