Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Merchant Ships - (Wagoneers on water)

Title pretty much says it.  Discussion on help channel:

[22:15:02] <Tanthalas> (Rel) heheheh they need something like that with boats

• Like 3

Interesting , but some players have problems crossing borders by ship .

Can you just think of all the beached  barge captains doing the same now ?

You should add pirates to it also then see what goodies someone may sail across ..

Well, how about the merchant ships actually have their captains attached, like a peg or sail, so the ship and captain are a single unit, eliminating disembarking on a crossing.

+1 even if it was just inside the same server.

question is, how to implement this to game... because wagooners use highways which requires catseyes.

maybe buoys that is required to anchor with concrete barrels or something to make trade routes? 

• Like 1

Big ass -1

So you're telling me you want to be more lazy and have wagoneers in the water? Do you just want people to sit on their deed and tell the game to move their goods? The wagoneers are nice, but they remove a really big part of the game, which is the community feeling of it. Making it where there are wagoneers that travel over water would remove most contact with other people in the game. You could literally sit on your deed making bulk goods and just deliver them with the wagoneer to the coast and to the other server. I don't think that's what the game is about.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Dadadah said:

Big ass -1

So you're telling me you want to be more lazy and have wagoneers in the water? Do you just want people to sit on their deed and tell the game to move their goods? The wagoneers are nice, but they remove a really big part of the game, which is the community feeling of it. Making it where there are wagoneers that travel over water would remove most contact with other people in the game. You could literally sit on your deed making bulk goods and just deliver them with the wagoneer to the coast and to the other server. I don't think that's what the game is about.

No the game is about wasting half a day to deliver knarr of bricks to middle of Xana from middle of Indy right? And after getting there waiting for a person half a day to come online so you can trade... Seriously? Go socialize if you want, go explore with ship, but don't impare good and fun game mechanics because of it whining how it will ruin it for you. Crates still cost to be delivered and it takes a lot of time when it's across oposite side of server making one waggoneer unavailable for some time for more than 20 crates, 1c per crate doesn't sound much but when transporting large amount of crates it builds up... Sea travelling across servers can even be more expensive...

lol.  It always cracks me up when I see people accuse others of being "lazy" in a game.  "Lazy" implies shirking work.  Games are for play, not work.  So as we sit here at our computers, being mouse potatoes, how can we possibly call ourselves anything but lazy then, while we pretend we're not, because we "work" in the game?  ?   Personally I prefer to think of myself as Energy Efficient.

Oh and +1 the op.  ?

Edited by Amadee
  • Like 3

+1 if other items could be added for shipments, like creature cages, forges ;)

• Like 1

+1 / -1

+1 like most others, I like the no wasting time, easy, ext 

-1 breaks meta just like mailing and wagoner did. 

Don't get me wrong. I like it, it would save me a lot of time. but it does break meta after all. 

Maybe an risk RNG of sorts needs to be added to automated delivery system. You could use it. but it's risky / or deliver it your self / or get someone to to it for you. Like back in the day. We had players that would deliver stuff stuff for a fee.   This way meta isn't being broken as badly.

Yet another way to bypass courier activity, and destroy one of the best parts of the game being logistics.

On 9/15/2018 at 3:44 PM, gorgian said:

-1 breaks meta just like mailing and wagoner did. 

what is the meta?  I honestly don't know what on earth this means.  If slow and tedious is what it means, then yes, it helps break those chains of meta.  Other things in my life that I think might be meta:  Working a minimum wage job; slow internet; religion; waiting for glue to dry; watching seasons 5&6 of Community...

PS.  I hope that didn't sound like I was being a jerk.  I'm a comedian in my own mind and not everyone thinks I'm as funny as I do.

Edited by Wurmhole
  • Like 2