Sign in to follow this  
TeeeBOMB

[Issue] Full House Pizza Crumbles to Dust

UPDATE: 2022 and this is still happening. THIS IS NOT GOOD. Please fix this. Thanks.

Ok, just now, a few minutes ago (7 Sep 2018, 17:33 EST), I moved a Full House pizza to a lit forge to heat it for eating. What happened, at that instant, the entire full house pizza instantly decayed to dust.

LOTIrGQ.jpg

What I'm saying is I moved a full house pizza that had the affinity I wanted, from a larder to a lit forge, and the pizza (which had ZERO damage) instantly crumbled to dust. WTF!  Are we broke? Is this a new glitch... food instantly crumbling to dust?

Ok facts in this case:

On Independence server. In a building (TeeeBOMB's Tall House) on my deed (Cornersville), of which, I own the building, and I am the mayor of the deed. Upkeep has been paid over 2 months atm. That larder shelf is full of full house pizza's affinity listed. That larder has 100 good snowballs in it's ice box. The full house pizza was for foraging for my character (TeeeBOMB), and had 43+ QL with no damage on it. I made that pizza on 5 Dec 2017... so it is...  275 days old. Like a very very very old horse.

So.. I am not sure about what are the correct game mechanics on this. Just my experience. My experience is that meals slowly gather decay when stored in a larder that has snowballs in its icebox. I was quite miffed, on this day, for this pizza, to have it instantly crumble to dust with no warning at all. POOF. Gone. So I post here, to document something new, I just now had happen to me in game. This may be a glitch. It certainly feels like a glitch. If this isn't a glitch, it should be (lol).

1T9hej6.jpg

All the full house pizza's on that shelf, no damage on any of them. I certainly would have noticed had there been any damage on that pizza.

Thanks for your time,

TeeeBOMB

Edited by TeeeBOMB
more words
  • Like 1

I suspect it's "catch up" decay.

Not sure why it wasn't taking damaging in the larder as it should slow decay.

But if you keep food in a magic chest it never gets polled for damage. But acquires(this is just made up science.) a damage counter for every time damage polled and it didn't take damage. You take it out of the magic chest. Damage polls, and it decides it's going to take damage. It then goes oh look you missed 50 damage ticks. And tada it gets 50 Damage ticks and crumples away.

It could be a bug, or it could be "catch up" decay.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ohana said:

It could be a bug, or it could be "catch up" decay.

Thanks for you post here ?  But I'd like to submit, if it is "catch up" decay... "catch up" decay should be outlawed (lol). Very disconcerting, when it has not happened like that before... so far as I know.

I'd like to call this a bug. *points finger at his full house pizza instant decay* Look! A BUG !. There, now can you fix this? I'll watch see if this happens in the future w/ my older pizzas. Will post any updates here.

• Like 1

To add to what Ohana was saying, The way decay works is it checks the last time it was checked for decay, works out how long it's been, and then applies appropriate damage based on quality and other factors (buk, tool, food, etc) What seems to be happening here is that it's outside of the decay check, so it's not actually polled. 

Larders mean items take reduced decay rather than skip decay checks altogether, what may have happened though is that pizza was not checked for decay in a long time, if it was polled inside the larder, it would have taken the reduced decay tick, but since it wasnt, it took a full hit and died. 

will pass it along to the devs to confirm, but it may just be poor luck

• Like 1

Magic chests prevent decay , so how can something "catch up" on missed decay if it was inside a magic chest that "prevents" decay? Wogic again?

I do agree "catch up" decay should not make an item crumble to dust instantly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheShawv said:

Magic chests prevent decay , so how can something "catch up" on missed decay if it was inside a magic chest that "prevents" decay? Wogic again?

I do agree "catch up" decay should not make an item crumble to dust instantly.

Not the correct numbers but not gonna bother lookin em up just usin em for an example

Items have a "lastdecayticktaken" saved on them, and this will continue to go up when not taking dmg.

A meal might take dmg every 100, 10000 in a larder with snow and 1000000 in a magic chest. If its up to 5000 and you take it out and put it in your inventory, next decay tick is gonne be 50x stronger which will destroy it.

A lunchbox reduces both decay time and decay tick size so chuck your meals in one

• Like 1

This "catch up" decay happens on every thing that would normally take damage but didn't because it is in inventory or a magic chest.  It's just not as noticeable as it is with food.  Because food has increased ticks/damage naturally. 

• Like 1

Ok, next update. Not absolutely sure if I should post this here, or make a new thread.

As the story develops …

So that day. three days ago, the meal I had created to provide foraging affinity for my main toon, instantly decayed. So I created another such forage based pizza. I made the new pizza that same day. Right after I created this thread. I stood there w/ the oven window opened watching. As soon as it was cooked, I tasted it to make sure its affinity was correct, I wrapped it in wax paper and tossed it quickly into my larder (on my deed which has over 60 days upkeep paid, in a building I own, the larder had 100 snowballs in its ice box, those same snowballs are all still in that icebox today).

So, all good.

Today (Sep 10, 2018), at 1416 EST, I pulled that 3 day old wrapped FH Pizza from the larder, tossed it into a lit forge to heat it up for some mid day snacks. BAM - 40 damage on that pizza.

xzGKjMz.jpg

Again, I got no idea exactly how the game mechanics on this work. I am learning thanks guys your posts here to explain some. But...it sure does seem to me odd that a three day old pizza (from 6:52PM on 7th, to 2:16PM EST on the 10th - not even yet 3 days old), 56 QL pizza, got 40 damage on it already. Being mostly ignorant of the exact game mechanics, and certainly I lack the ability to make an online game work. Having said that, I'd say, this seems a lot more damage than this pizza should have taken after 3 days in a good properly  equipped larder.

So.. same bug? new bug? Not a bug? I got no idea. I will (in my unprofessional opinion) though, declare this a bug. ? The 2 recipe's are completely different. I do have screen shots of those 2 recipes if you need that.

Thanks your time.

• Like 1

So are you saying that if I take my hammer that has been sitting in my magical chest for nearly a year and a half, and put it on the forge, it will crumble to dust? If that's the case, that should be fixed. I did not buy 4 Large Magical Chests (200 euros) just to see my stuff crumble to dust next decay tic they get. Thats beyond broken.

Peventing decay is not the same as postponing decay. 

5e9e347a641f160b97aa4ef55c804044.png

• Like 5

On 9/11/2018 at 10:34 AM, Angelklaine said:

So are you saying that if I take my hammer that has been sitting in my magical chest for nearly a year and a half, and put it on the forge, it will crumble to dust? If that's the case, that should be fixed. I did not buy 4 Large Magical Chests (200 euros) just to see my stuff crumble to dust next decay tic they get. Thats beyond broken.

Large magic chests have the specific "check for decay, realise it's in a magic chest, move on" 

Which means that it doesnt take catch up decay, a larder does not and may be just a result of rng 

The larders suck, period.

1st strike gathering snowballs

2nd strike insta dust when you take a meal out

3rd strike the food is cold

why bother

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Large magic chests have the specific "check for decay, realise it's in a magic chest, move on" 

Which means that it doesnt take catch up decay, a larder does not and may be just a result of rng 

Still though, what's the point of using the Larder at all then?

It's not a decay reduction, it's a decay delay. 

• Like 2

The larders are good if you don't mind the snowball gathering and leave the pizza's in the box. Now that you can take a portion you should not have to worry about loosing an entire pizza. Just don't take too much time taking a slice off. Best still for storing these foods is a smc inside a hota, hot and ready to eat.

15 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Oh ok. Between what you said and Ohana said, I got confused to hell and back. Thanks for clarifying. 

UPDATE:

Yesterday - I was transporting a friends larder to an active deed (from Indy to my deed Cornersville, also on Indy). When I moved their 29 full house pizzas to my raft for transport, I had this:

KPzwdM2.jpg

When I got home, like maybe 34 minutes later, I had this:

45VFGZu.jpg

WTF!!!! Seventeen full house pizzas got lost? WHAT?!??!?  Over 300 kg of food.. WHAT??

So I looked in my event log file found this, …

6fsqZqk.jpg

Within two minutes of me removing those pizzas, seventeen of them (previously only minimal damaged) decayed to dust.

I had completely forgot about this forum thread form 2018. Just now remembered it. Am posting here to let someone know, this is still going on.

Will you guys fix this.

Thanks your time.

Edited by TeeeBOMB
edited
  • Like 2

It happened to me too but as it was explained to me in Help Chat as well as reading the corroborating comments here, I’m pretty sure this isn’t a bug. The food hadn’t had a damage-tick check, so when it finally got a damage-tick (as it is more susceptible to damage-ticks while outside of a larder), it calculated that x amount of time since the last damage-tick and then caught up. 

If food’s been sitting around for 10 years with 0 damage (presumably skipping all damage-ticks), the next time it takes a damage-tick (could be 1 second after removing from Larder) it’s gonna catch up on all those 10 years worth of damage. 

Basically, stop taking food out of the larder. Eat it straight out of the Larder, eat it ASAP after removing from Larder, or transfer food direct from Larder to Magical Chest/Larder (*maybe Larder to Larder is still dangerous, not sure).

I would totally support you if you decided to make a Suggestion thread about altering the way Larders and catch-up damage works on food removed from Larders, though.

13 minutes ago, Lovelie said:

I would totally support you if you decided to make a Suggestion thread about altering the way Larders and catch-up damage works on food removed from Larders, though.

This link recently got posted to GL Freedom tab..

I will support it for sure.

Oh,,, here is another delay decay thread...

Please fix this.

Cross referencing this post from Darklords regarding larders and decay of items inside and talk of a 'buff' to larders.  Not sure if this has been implemented yet.  I've not seen anything in patchnotes.  Larders right now are more of a hassle than an benefit, unfortunately.

https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/192303-pizzas-in-my-larder-are-dacaying-faster/&do=findComment&comment=1920866

Edited by Alectrys

old functionality of larders vs what we have now is incomparable, for example, one of xmas gifted foods was placed in runed larder with runed shelf for -10% damage to contents(even if nested effects aren't working), larder is normal, 94ql if any of that matters..

food is at 20+ damage

0dcc659a810d2793633f56edf4980147.png

This is my larder with affinity foods.. every single one of these takes from 5(probably minimum 15) to 20minutes to make(some more by doing multiples.. after messing an ingredient/state and creating useless one):

d282021f5e827ea68783e693739ff8d2.png

Your call if this is intended.. but some of these meals lasted some unreasonably long time.. only 5-10 had 20-10 damage, you can see the progression, new decay system works obviously great and feedback is lets not go and explain how much disappointment such inconsiderate change brought.

I don't really care to move them to lmc.. they are all garbage now anyway, timers are trashed, insane amount of manual work and time is thrown away.

At all times ice shelf had ql99 snow in it, there was no time with no snow at all, even when even snow was decaying rapidly.

NEW.. snow.. 

already 1/5 wrecked

4e55d817c2d8bf69c61f8cc89234ebaf.png

Logging started 2023-02-13
[01:01:49] You start to collect snow in the area.
[01:01:50] You collect enough snow to make a snowball!

it's barely 15.02.2023 today... and it's near 1/5 damaged

ice is the least of the problems.. this used to last 2 to 3 months IRL if QL was high; food used to last years or at least take a while to take damage, now fresh food just chunks on damage and turns bad in matter of days/week(s)

decay "fix" bugged these beyond useful state

• Like 1