Sign in to follow this  
CIRAY

Drum roll whilst praying should give rare items

So today I got a drum roll whilst praying and happened to get a gem from the wonderful Fo himself. However, I was rather shocked to find out, upon checking my inventory, that said gem had not turned rare. After confirming that there were no bugs in play here (see logs below), and that drum rolls whilst praying are basically useless, I decided to make this thread to ask that if you receive a drum roll whilst praying, and happen to get an item (be it a gem, a flint, or a measly little mushroom) in the process, that it be rare/supreme/fantastic. After all, it does seem fitting, considering for pretty much every other action there's, at the very least, a chance of getting a rare/supreme/fantastic from successfully completing the action. 

Logs of me getting the drum roll whilst praying:

05dc703c8b2d1ac4e54893b998f87af4.png

Logs confirming drum rolls whilst praying are useless:

Spoiler

[18:31:56] <Shrimpiie> Hello, CM responding to your support call 34770.
[18:32:18] <Shrimpiie> This mechanic is working as intended, I consulted a Developer about it.
[18:42:33] <Ciray> so then a drumroll whilst praying is basically useless?
[18:43:59] <Shrimpiie> Correct.

• Like 3

I thought a roll while praying would give you a bit more favor or what ever skill tic'ed , like religion or praying. I can't confirm this but always went under this assumption.

rare item would be neat +1

Edited by Snarkin

Oh yeah, people spamming pray for days, weeks, months on end need all the rare things.

It should well be a CHANCE to get a rare, not an automatic rare?

maybe instead of giving a rare item - add a random small buff (like when sacrificing) for the village the altar is on (if there is no need --> well that's bad luck)

+1 

If you can kill creatures, bury corpses, forage and botanize for rare coins, it would only be logical to get rare coins for rare prayer too. I mean, praying already has a chance to get you iron coins, so why not just make it a bigger, rare coin for rare prayer rolls? It would seem like the most logical option for me. Work with what praying already gives - gems or coins. Maybe random chance of coins or star gems on rare? 

Oh yes, I'll +1 the idea that it gives chance of rare coins (bigger than 1 iron).