Sign in to follow this  
Ildar

Client helper mod

On 10/9/2018 at 7:10 AM, GravestoneSilence said:

How would I configure this to make stone bricks? or bricks of any kind?

Simply.
On the previous page, everything is explained by the author. Replace logs with rock shards and you're done.

On 10/2/2018 at 12:17 AM, Skaggins said:

Though now I crave having something less cheaty feeling that could bring the same yields such a client hack as this provides. I want to have a mod that will allow me to set up a passive ore income, and a fetcher to grab the ore... and then one to smelt it and process it in to nails... hmmm...

I wonder why no one suggested adding its bot to this mod. I planned the mod in a specific way so it is easy to add new bots.

It would be great if anyone suggests a bot to help smiths.

It is possible to configure bot to get specific amount of items from bsb? For example i want to craft mortar, so i need clay and sand, but big-bot will fill inventory with first resource and left no space for second.

P.S. Possible bug: If i set crafter-bot to combine source and target it will combine only target.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2018 at 4:53 AM, Fenume said:

It is possible to configure bot to get specific amount of items from bsb? For example i want to craft mortar, so i need clay and sand, but big-bot will fill inventory with first resource and left no space for second

currently not possible. 

On 12/2/2018 at 4:53 AM, Fenume said:

P.S. Possible bug: If i set crafter-bot to combine source and target it will combine only target.

There are A LOT of bugs

Published new release , thanks to gureev and TheThingG for the following:

1) improving metal items in Improver bot

2) new Fisher bot for automatic fishing

3) fixing some bugs

You can join the discord channel with this link - https://discord.gg/GpqWrtF
  There you can send us your suggestions, found bugs and errors. Or just express your support with a couple of warm words

I just wanted to say thank you so much for this mod. It's made Wurm an even more relaxing and enjoyable experience. The bot simply does what I forget to do by clicking continue. I tend to keep Wurm on one screen and Youtube on the other. I will often get distracted during long stretches of bulk crafting or mining and forget to hit the button, losing so much potential progress over time.

I played the MMO for about 2 years so I don't at all feel like this ruins anything for me, it just increases my productivity while playing within the rules of the game as it were. I'd rather keep an eye on the bot and let it do it's thing on my solo server than poof items into existence as a GM or set my skills to 100.  

So thank you again for this! ❤️

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Addie said:

I played the MMO for about 2 years so I don't at all feel like this ruins anything for me, it just increases my productivity while playing within the rules of the game as it were. I'd rather keep an eye on the bot and let it do it's thing on my solo server than poof items into existence as a GM or set my skills to 100.  

❤️

I think it only becomes an issue because a large number of players will use this to gain advantages over other players on servers where macros and bots aren't allowed.  It makes it possible to do huge amounts of tedious work that advance your skills and mats at a rate that players would normally not have the patience or time to do. This enables the bot user to become rich without working a fraction as hard for it as the other players on the server, creating an unbalanced world.  Unbalanced worlds are not sustainable over time, nor are they fair to those who don't cheat.  I say "cheat" because I'm talking about players using this on servers where they've been told not to, which is inevitable. GMs aren't getting paid, so they can't be expected to stand beside every player on the server, every day and night of the week, to make sure they're not cheating.

Edited by Batta

I don't really want to get involved in the argument of what is ok and what isn't.

Just wanted to point out that because it is a public mod then how it works is also public, if a server admin didn't want this used on their server they may not be able to stop it but there is nothing stopping them adding a simple mod which alerts admin/GM when the specific phrases are used which the client mod uses to start and such. Then they would know who is using it, not absolute proof of course but enough to say hey check this person out as they might be breaking "your server rules".

Bots, macros, cheats, are always going to be employed by those who wish to circumvent a game. This bot is very easily detected for anyone who bothers learning the bot behaviors. One of the best ways to detect any bot is to run the bot yourself and learn how it behaves. Once you have a firm understanding of what each of these bots do, how they work, it is very easy to counter them with minimal GM activity. That's one of the many reasons GM's exist. Even if this didn't exist, botting in Wurm is not terribly difficult through the use of AutoIt or AHK scripts. I am not in support of botting, but the complaint of a public released mod that allows for botting baffles me personally when one can generally do a search on google and find ready made scripts that allow this same feature that runs through a third party program rather than hooks into the client. Turn on #invis, watch your playerbase if you suspect someone is botting. Even if some anti-cheat was developed to block this mod, others would just be developed. AutoIt scripts for Wurm have existed for years and it's been on WO staff to catch people macroing. I don't see how it's any different for WU.

On 2/1/2019 at 9:44 PM, Cuddles said:

there is nothing stopping them adding a simple mod which alerts admin/GM when the specific phrases are used which the client mod uses to start and such.

Except nobody seems to be producing such a public mod, leaving it all very overbalanced in favor of cheating.

Very few players know how to make a bot on their own, even with a Google search. If they did, then this mod wouldn't need to exist.

Edited by Batta

New 1.6 release is out

Changes:

• Added a new command to pause bots. Type "bot pause" to pause/resume all bots or type "bot * pause" with bot key instead of an asterisk to pause/resume a particular bot. Big thanks to Syrius
  • Created pages with all information from Bot command descriptions: ru & en. Thanks to gureev
  • Added Tree cutter bot. Thanks to TheThingG 
  • Miner bot now can mine up or down - use a "dir" key. Thanks to gureev
  • Fix for Improver bot to do the smithing without unnecessary pauses. Thanks to Garrett92
  • Fixed small bug with searching for items in inventory. Thanks to Halt
  • Added a drop filter for Forager bot. Use "dfa" and "dfc" keys. Thanks to Nekoexmachina
  • Added a "dwf" key to Forager bot to activate the "drop when full" mode. Thanks to TheThingG
  • The Crafter bot will repair an item in source slot by default. Thanks to Syrius.
  • Various small fixes and changes. 
Edited by Ildar

Interesting mod. I haven't used it although I have enjoyed reading about it. On DesV3 we created an Anti-cheat mod and everything you say here is true. 

You can't trust the client hence any client mod has to be treated as untrusted because it can be modified to not send the updates/text messages etc that people are asking for here leaving a GM with a false sense of security.

You have to treat the server as the trusted source and then control the messaging (both ways) between the client and the server in order to track what people are doing and identify patterns. In the case of this mod I would look for a looping set of steps, build 10 things 10 times, pause, do again would be an easy one. If that loops for a period of time without problems well high percentage chance it's a macro bot.

At the time when DesV3 was live tree collisions were on in WU and the tree collision turn off mod wasn't yet public so people who used the private version had a significant advantage. The way we identified who was using it was mapping a players transit/travel across a server of at least 200 tiles. If they never had slight course changes especially with terrain and slope changes it was 97% likely to be someone using the private mod. When we followed up 100% of the time this was the case.

Another thing we did back then was filter the server feed to the client so that programs like WurmESP would have nothing to display that the play couldn't already see. Useful inside a mine because the only things livemap or WurmESP would show were the visible ores, not the hidden ones. We also reduced local which had the benefit of client performance increase by reducing how much was being sent/processed as well as severely restricting the information the server sent to the client.

The point of all this is that this mod exists, privately, whether it's public or not. Likely many versions of it out there as well. The key is to figure out a way to guard the server and use it to filter what it sends and trusts from the client. Of course it doesn't help that the WU software agreement prohibits client modification so no one can produce a secure client.

~Nappy

• Like 1

On 2/24/2019 at 12:53 PM, Ildar said:

New 1.6 release is out

Changes:

• Added a new command to pause bots. Type "bot pause" to pause/resume all bots or type "bot * pause" with bot key instead of an asterisk to pause/resume a particular bot. Big thanks to Syrius
  • Created pages with all information from Bot command descriptions: ru & en. Thanks to gureev
  • Added Tree cutter bot. Thanks to TheThingG 
  • Miner bot now can mine up or down - use a "dir" key. Thanks to gureev
  • Fix for Improver bot to do the smithing without unnecessary pauses. Thanks to Garrett92
  • Fixed small bug with searching for items in inventory. Thanks to Halt
  • Added a drop filter for Forager bot. Use "dfa" and "dfc" keys. Thanks to Nekoexmachina
  • Added a "dwf" key to Forager bot to activate the "drop when full" mode. Thanks to TheThingG
  • The Crafter bot will repair an item in source slot by default. Thanks to Syrius.
  • Various small fixes and changes. 

I tried using the latest release (both 1.6 and 1.6.1) and both would not allow me to start up the client.  The client.log file had this at the end:

[10:37:36 PM] SEVERE IldarMod: Error loading mod
[10:37:36 PM] SEVERE IldarMod: javassist.CannotCompileException: [source error] Method getInstance is private
[10:37:36 PM] INFO CustomClientRenderMod: Initializing CustomClientRenderMod
[10:37:36 PM] INFO IldarMod: Loaded
[10:37:36 PM] SEVERE org.gotti.wurmunlimited.clientlauncher.DelegatedLauncher: java.lang.RuntimeException: com.wurmonline.client.renderer.gui.ItemListWindow class is frozen

When I reverted back to 1.5, it ran fine.

• Like 1

On 2/26/2019 at 6:41 AM, mwdennis said:

I tried using the latest release (both 1.6 and 1.6.1) and both would not allow me to start up the client.  The client.log file had this at the end:

[10:37:36 PM] SEVERE IldarMod: Error loading mod
[10:37:36 PM] SEVERE IldarMod: javassist.CannotCompileException: [source error] Method getInstance is private
[10:37:36 PM] INFO CustomClientRenderMod: Initializing CustomClientRenderMod
[10:37:36 PM] INFO IldarMod: Loaded
[10:37:36 PM] SEVERE org.gotti.wurmunlimited.clientlauncher.DelegatedLauncher: java.lang.RuntimeException: com.wurmonline.client.renderer.gui.ItemListWindow class is frozen

When I reverted back to 1.5, it ran fine.

Thank you for an error description. I tried to fix the error in 1.6.2 release. Check it out.

8 hours ago, Ildar said:

Thank you for an error description. I tried to fix the error in 1.6.2 release. Check it out.

That fixed it.  Thank you!

Out of curiosity is there a way to automate grooming of animals in an area? Similar to using the farming/tree cutting bot, but instead it attempts to groom any animals within reach while it traverses the designated area.

Also I’ve noticed that when improving blacksmith items made of anything other than iron it cannot detect the lumps of the material (steel, silver, etc). Haven’t tested it with 1.6.x but I had this issue with 1.5.

Is it possible to add a fishing macro for the new system? I've been looking into a ways to reimplement the keybind and wait play style. 

1. Send fishing comand.

2. choose a location that is at max rod cast distance and directly in front of where the player is facing. Cast the line out to this location.

3. Wait for the fish to bite and auto pull it in.

Execute all three of those with a single keybind.

I'd like some way to stand in the centre of 9 farm tiles and farm all 9 of them each time the plants grow like an AOE farming bot. I've been doing it manually on a server that has fast growing times but it still seems like I'm having to wait forever between growth spurts (it's about 20 minutes but seems like a LOT longer if you're doing nothg but standing there waiting). I want to get the best harvest so I can move on to other things without having to worry about growing food and having to head back to my farm plot to tend it every time.

I can't get this to work as of Wurm 1.9, it's crashing the client. Is anyone else getting it to work?

Using 1.6.2 crashes my client, removing it and installing 1.5 works, but i dont get the nice features from 1.6.x

Client crashes out with the following message:

Unexpected crash while playing The error was: <com.wurmonline.shared.constants.PlayerAction.<init>(SI)V>

It's possible you might figure out what's wrong from the log file below, but if you can't, post the full log on the wurm unlimited forums, and someone else might be able to help you.

Contents of console.log:
java.library.path: D:\Spel\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\nativelibs
Time is Tue Apr 09 23:18:15 CEST 2019
Running client version

=== System information ===
Executing from D:\Spel\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\
Operating system: Windows 10 (arch: amd64, version: 10.0)
Java version: 1.8.0_172 (Oracle Corporation) <http://java.oracle.com/>
Jvm version: 25.172-b11 (Oracle Corporation) [Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM]
Available CPUs: 12

====== CLIENT CRASH ======
Unexpected crash while playing
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.wurmonline.shared.constants.PlayerAction.<init>(SI)V
    at net.ildar.wurm.Mod$Action.<clinit>(Mod.java:609)
    at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:264)
    at net.ildar.wurm.BotController.lambda$initBotRegistrations$0(BotController.java:41)
    at java.util.Iterator.forEachRemaining(Iterator.java:116)
    at java.util.Spliterators$IteratorSpliterator.forEachRemaining(Spliterators.java:1801)
    at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$Head.forEach(ReferencePipeline.java:580)
    at net.ildar.wurm.BotController.initBotRegistrations(BotController.java:35)
    at net.ildar.wurm.BotController.<init>(BotController.java:23)
    at net.ildar.wurm.BotController.getInstance(BotController.java:18)
    at com.wurmonline.client.renderer.cell.GroundItemCellRenderable.initialize(GroundItemCellRenderable.java)
    at com.wurmonline.client.comm.ServerConnectionListenerClass.addItem(ServerConnectionListenerClass.java:722)
    at com.wurmonline.client.comm.SimpleServerConnectionClass.receiveItemOrCorpse(SimpleServerConnectionClass.java:5659)
    at com.wurmonline.client.comm.SimpleServerConnectionClass.reallyHandleCmdAddItem(SimpleServerConnectionClass.java:2841)
    at com.wurmonline.client.comm.SimpleServerConnectionClass.reallyHandle(SimpleServerConnectionClass.java:1593)
    at com.wurmonline.communication.SocketConnection.tick(SocketConnection.java:618)
    at com.wurmonline.client.comm.SimpleServerConnectionClass.update(SimpleServerConnectionClass.java:277)
    at com.wurmonline.client.WurmClientBase.serverUpdate(WurmClientBase.java:1539)
    at com.wurmonline.client.WurmClientBase.preUpdate(WurmClientBase.java:353)
    at com.wurmonline.client.WurmClientBase.runGameLoop(WurmClientBase.java:529)
    at com.wurmonline.client.WurmClientBase.runConnectionLoop(WurmClientBase.java:325)
    at com.wurmonline.client.WurmClientBase.runGame(WurmClientBase.java:304)
    at com.wurmonline.client.WurmClientBase.run(WurmClientBase.java:1601)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

I'm getting the same error as well.  It's the new 1.9 patch.  1.5 does work for the most part, but certain things like auto drinking is broken and will throw out an exception in the console.  Until Ildar sees this and updates it though, it's the best we have.