Sign in to follow this  
Ildar

Client helper mod

11 minutes ago, Ildar said:

It is not cheating if server owners allow that. 

Yes, I agree. But you've made it so that players can easily use it even on servers where the owners don't allow it, with no way for the GMs to detect it.  I was just asking for some way so that server owners can see if players are breaking the rules and using it anyway. 

• Like 1

It is easy to detect if player using the mod or not, you just have to stand behind the back of a player and notice the details. 

Great work on your mod IIdar.  Always good to see new mods come to life in the community.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ildar said:

It is easy to detect if player using the mod or not, you just have to stand behind the back of a player and notice the details. 

That would require policing each player every time they played. I would just like a way to know if they're using it, without having to be online 24/7 and following people around.

38 minutes ago, Batta said:

Yes, I agree. But you've made it so that players can easily use it even on servers where the owners don't allow it, with no way for the GMs to detect it.  I was just asking for some way so that server owners can see if players are breaking the rules and using it anyway. 

17 minutes ago, Batta said:

That would require policing each player every time they played. I would just like a way to know if they're using it, without having to be online 24/7 and following people around.

I think part of the issue is... cheaters are going to cheat.

It's the GM's/Server Owner's responsibility to police their own servers how they see fit; not the random mod writers who produce content that doesn't fit your specific server's playstyle.

There are plenty of smart people in this world who are bent on breaking things or automating tasks simply because they can figure out how to.. Especially online video games. 

It's unlikely Ildar will write an anti-cheat system simply because he already wrote a public bot mod. 

The largest gaming companies in the world are constantly battling cheating and not a single one can say they are 100% cheater bulletproof... and these companies have very expensive programmers on staff working 40 hours+ a day on their tasks. Anti-cheat is a cat and mouse game. As soon as you think you can detect a cheater, the cheater adapts his code or methods and goes undetected again.

In the end, GM's determining human activity vs. bot activity is best done with server logs and human review.

I know of people who have been cheating on WO with the same 9$ program for almost a decade... as most cheaters are reported by other players, not detected by magic code. 

If you're concerned about cheating on your server, find a programmer to write an anti-cheat mod for you or have your GM staff periodically review players... maybe look at the ones who never log off .. or scrape your database for unlikely achievements. 

Edited by Trake
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Batta said:

That is suspiciously easy to be realizable. 

22 minutes ago, Nikko said:

Great work on your mod IIdar.  Always good to see new mods come to life in the community.

Now you will be banned on Batta's server ?

Edited by Ildar

4 minutes ago, Ildar said:

Now you will be banned on Batta's server ?

That's ridiculous.  Don't turn this into a personal thing. 

Edited by Batta
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Batta said:

That's ridiculous.  Don't turn this into a personal thing. 

I am joking, sorry

I am joking, sorry

Okay, cool.  Thx

13 minutes ago, Trake said:

It's unlikely Ildar will write an anti-cheat system simply because he already wrote a public bot mod. 

It is not like I am corrupted now and unable to write an anti-cheat system. ?

I have a whole life ahead, everything is possible.

By making this mod public I made not only smart people be able to use bots. Now they won't have too big advantage over another players. On the other side the server owners/GMs will be more encouraged to catch bot users.

The overall effect of publication of my mod will be more fair play.

It is not like I am corrupted now and unable to write an anti-cheat system. ?

I have a whole life ahead, everything is possible.

By making this mod public I made not only smart people be able to use bots. Now they won't have too big advantage over another players. On the other side the server owners/GMs will be more encouraged to catch bot users.

The overall effect of publication of my mod will be more fair play.

I wasn't suggesting you were not capable or otherwise unwilling

I was suggested that you wanted to produce the code you posted here in this thread. 

If you wanted to produce a public anti-cheat mod, you probably could have. 

I was just pointing out that, in my opinion, you are not liable for your creation or findings and certainly not responsible for the actions of others who may misuse it.

I didn't want to derail the thread with examples of: 

Are gun manufacturers expected to produce legislative regulations on who/how/when/where their weapons are used? No. 

Are bug-bounty recipients expected to provide white-papers or produce code-fixes after they find a bug? No. 

When a drug manufacturer makes a new pill with thousands of side effects, are they expected to provide treatment to patients who use their drug? No. 

When a mega-conglomerate pollutes an entire State's water supply, does the government expect them to fix the issue and foot the bill for all water consumption in the area? No. 

When an automobile industry creates too much CO2, are they expected to clean up the atmosphere? No. 

If these people aren't responsible for their actions, why should you be responsible for some automation code on a video game? 

I don't necessarily agree with this perspective, but it's certainly how the world behaves in historical practice. 

4 minutes ago, Trake said:

I didn't want to derail the thread with examples of: 

Are gun manufacturers expected to produce legislative regulations on who/how/when/where their weapons are used? No. 

Are bug-bounty recipients expected to provide white-papers or produce code-fixes after they find a bug? No. 

When a drug manufacturer makes a new pill with thousands of side effects, are they expected to provide treatment to patients who use their drug? No. 

When a mega-conglomerate pollutes an entire State's water supply, does the government expect them to fix the issue and foot the bill for all water consumption in the area? No. 

When an automobile industry creates too much CO2, are they expected to clean up the atmosphere? No. 

If these people aren't responsible for their actions, why should you be responsible for some automation code on a video game? 

I don't necessarily agree with this perspective, but it's certainly how the world behaves in historical practice. 

Lol, it's more like if a company makes a key that opens everyone else's doors, but only those with the most knowledge about locksmithing would even know they are being used.  ?   But I do get your point about the mod creators not being responsible for creating anti-mods.  I was really just hoping someone might work me up a little mod to help me know when I'm being cheated.  I do get that it's nobody else's responsibility; was just hoping for an assist. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Trake said:

The society decides what people are responsible for. If majority of people(or the ruling class) think that it should be that way, it will be that way. 

1 hour ago, Batta said:

I do get that it's nobody else's responsibility; was just hoping for an assist. 

Maybe put in a mod request on the forums or try soliciting someone directly who has something similar already?

I'd love to see an Anti-Cheat mod hit the forums but I'd be concerned that anyone who was already cheating, would simply review the Anti-Cheat mod's code and modify their cheats to circumvent.

Anti-Cheat is one of those software features that benefit from secrecy. 

Use case: crafting tons of shafts

in case you have a lot of wood and want to convert it to shafts here are instructions how to do it:

1) Prepare enough storage space. You can fill with shafts 1 bulk storage bin from 2 large crates of wood.

2) Open containers with wood(for example large crates) and output container(for example bulk storage bin).

3)  Now we will configure the BulkItemGetter bot to get the logs from source containers into your inventory. Type into the console next command:

bot big on

4) The default timeout of getting logs is 15 seconds. If you think that your character will process logs faster you can change this value. Type into the console

bot big t 5000

and the timeout will be 5 seconds(we use milliseconds in configuration command)

5) Now point your mouse on the root item inside your inventory(it is called "inventory") and execute:

bot big at

6) The target was set, now we should set the source. Point your mouse over the logs inside the first source container and execute:

bot big as 

7) The source was set too. Now bot will transfer logs from the source container into your inventory with the configured timeout.

If you have more than 1 source container(you should have more than 1 large crate because it will be empty pretty soon) you can configure the BulkItemGetter bot to use them too by repeating 5) and 6) steps

8 ) Put your carving knife to the left slot of crafting window and logs to the right side. Select shafts from the list of available crafting products

9) Start a CrafterBot by executing:

bot c on

10) Turn on the repairing of the instrument by executing:

bot c r 

The carving knife will break soon if you won't do that.

As soon as the damage on the carving knife becomes greater than 10% the CrafterBot will repair it

11) As logs will be processed the CrafterBot should insert new logs to the right slot of crafting window. You should configure that by executing:

bot c st log

12) The bot will not initiate any crafting operations if the character has low stamina. The default threshold for stamina is 96%. If your character can craft at lower stamina without a significant loss is crafting speed, execute next command:

bot c s 0.8

And the stamina threshold will be set to 80%(in this case)

13) The crafting was configured. Now we have the last thing to do: move the products to the output container. The ItemMoverBot comes to the rescue. 

bot im on

14) Point your mouse over the open output container and execute:

bot im str

15) The target container was set but ItemMover doesn't know what items to move. Execute next commands:

bot im a shaft

bot im a wood scrap

16) Now the ItemMover will transfer shafts and wood scrap to the output container with a configured timeout which can be set in a similar way:

bot im t 5000

And crafting products will be transferred to output container every 5 seconds(in this case)

17) The basic configuration is complete. But I would recommend configuring the AssistantBot to drink the water from available source as soon as the character becomes thirsty.

bot a on

Point your mouse over the water source near the character and execute:

bot a w

18) The game window can be minimized and you can go watch TV or play another game. The bot will do its job. In the case something goes wrong you can configure the GuardBot to inform you about the issue. 

bot g on

bot g a You create

Now if your character won't do any successful crafting operation over 5 minutes the special sound will be played, you will probably maximize the game window and fix the problem

That is probably all. Have a good game. Bye!

P.S.

Every executed command should produce some meaningful message. In case of any error don't ignore it, maybe you are doing something wrong, fix it and proceed to the next step. 

P.P.S

You can read the info about every bot configuration key by using "info" key. For example:

bot c info r

bot im info a

bot g info cs

Edited by Ildar
typos
  • Like 1

New version

• New digger bot to dig, do surface mining, level surrounding area
  • New pile collector bot to collect all that piles you get from using digger bot
  • Chopper bot got an ability to process areas too
  • Farmer bot got an ability to drop harvests and repair instruments
  • some bug fixes
  • you can add NoBlessings=true to WurmBot.properties file to turn off my blessings
Edited by Ildar
  • Like 1

Use case: making a big flat 80x80 field:

giphy.gif

Took 2 weeks. Collected over 200k of dirt and over 200k of rock shards

Edited by Ildar
  • Like 1

This cheat mod is so bad... I don't know why anyone would make something like this and make it public, just play the game and enjoy it...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Darkness1990 said:

This cheat mod is so bad... I don't know why anyone would make something like this and make it public, just play the game and enjoy it...

It is not me the only owner of a mod of this kind. I know other players who have their own versions of this mod. Other not so lucky players didn't have such mod so I made my version public.

Firstly this will make the game more fair as everyone who wants to cheat will have a good option. Secondly, this will make the game not so interesting for players who recently was the only owners of such mod as they won't have a big advantage. 

Thirdly, this mod quickly makes the game not interesting and cheaters will leave by themselves. Fourthly, as you have the source code, you can create a good anti-cheat mod. 

Plus I have a lot of fun making this mod. That is my "confession" ?

• Like 1

I respect this author, despite being staunchly against bots and third party modifications/applications etc that allow such things. There were tons of people bright enough to do such things already and some can even pull it off pretty much undetected unless you literally log their exact keystrokes or other sketchy things. This unfortunately brings about an opening for a lot more lower-level botting but also the awareness that has to come with it. I've caught players using macros and scripts even on my very small server. A good GM will be able to determine something is far too suspicious and then monitor a player, and there are a lot of things you can do to catch these bots and automation.

Though now I crave having something less cheaty feeling that could bring the same yields such a client hack as this provides. I want to have a mod that will allow me to set up a passive ore income, and a fetcher to grab the ore... and then one to smelt it and process it in to nails... hmmm...

• Like 1

Best is allow it unofficial (dont cry it out in your forum or post a link to the mod)

;)