Sign in to follow this  
TheShawv

Lava tiles once frozen will not open

Titles says it all,  used erupt on 5 tiles so far and not one of them will open, says it too hard , like it is still a vein of ore but when you open an entrance next to it it is rock, you can mine it out from the inside and it opens fine but not from the outside. Had a Enki show up and force one open and it was flat on the left side and dropped 20 on the right. So after the erupt/ freezing process something broke the tiles making them not work properly. I know there was a patch to fix the freezing of lava tiles on the surface tie to the freezign of lava walls in caves, this may need to be revisited and "tweeked" again.  Any questions --? in game name Theshawv.

Were these tiles erupted and frozen prior to the patch of August 14 by any chance?

I just tried on the test server and they erupt/freeze and tunnel just fine.  I DID have the too hard issue before the August patch though.

No i just erupted and froze this tile yesterday/today

I do have 6 other tiles that also are the same way, a few are befor the patch, one tile out of the 6 opens fine.

I am able to mine behind the offending tile and mine outwards and it opens like a normal tile, just not from the outside.

I have 2(3) tiles on Xanadu that we froze 2+years ago,  and a player now is having issues opening the tiles.

I'm going to point him to this post to add details.

Not sure how, but the players working on this where able to get these tiles open. 

Edited by Ohana
Updated info

I noticed when I erupted a tile one corner changed height by 4 slopes. Not sure if that would change tile data, or the new lava tile freezing changes. not sure but it would be really nice if this is looked into soon, I am working around the tiles for now but it takes alot more work than normal.

So far so good 3 out of 6 tiles now open correctly , maybe server reset helped? The one sandstone vein that got the lava tile and frozen is now back also, not sure if the terrain was reloaded? Veins should not reappear.

Edited by TheShawv

6PVImFj.jpg

Nope not fixed, opened the right tile first , right side dropped 20 left side flat facing same direction as picture. then opened the left tile, i collapsed them both befor the next tile created a black hole and broke the server.