Sign in to follow this  
Agorafilia

Wurm is too expensive for devalued currencies!

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Gladiator said:

i went on a 10 hours grind session on freedom servers once. At the end i had more than 10 silvers to pay a full month's worth of premium. Now, if that's not your cup of cake, i found several PMK wagons on Chaos that i sold for 10s each, each of them taking care of one month's worth of premium. Say u dont wanna do that, too much of a hassle, Found several dozen rare and non rare enchanted items both on Chaos and on Freedom just laying around in places people don't go to often with which i payed more than 5-6 months worth of upkeep on more than one character. Say that as well is NOT your cup of cake. I have friends who either do enchanting for a price, or smithing for a price, or they combine it into a 100% ready item to use sell. I know people who make more than 50 / month doing that. Say you dont even wanna do that, then my friend, you have to work for other people, hard work, dig 1000 clay for 1 s, mine 1000 rocks for 50 copper, that kind of work, that i consider the end of the line and i would never do. But dude, this is a community, a market, people in need of things, if you just randomly removed the need for silvers to go around freedom would die entirely... Literally the end game of freedom is trading. THat's all there is to it. If u wanna make pretty houses go to Wurm Unlimited and make pretty houses m8, but the real endgame to the Freedom side of Wurm Online has nothing to do with that, it's all about the market and the community.

This!

 

Maybe payments are much higher in some countries, according to wealth, but all players got the same possibilities to earn money in game. MANY possibilities.

 

Another thing is that accounts prices are insanely low, looking how much money those cost, according to how much time and effort were put into them. So player can always invest some cash into buying an account, and it gonna pay off rather quickly couse of high skills and stats.

Edited by Wilczan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Yiraia said:

the only method of making decent money without people is relying on luck for coin rolls in-game is by working for people who have money. I don't know how the coffers are now but when I was playing it was near empty due to all the foragables-only and botanizable-only items. You are suggesting that he should...

and just work for other players unless fortunate enough to get coins from the coffer rather than see if the price can match his standard of living, in his region, so he may enjoy the game.

 

Am I reading this wrong?

You're reading it terribly wrong. Like people after your post stated and me in previous posts, lot of ways of earning silvers needed for premium, you just literally need to play the game and do what ever you like and will earn for premium atleast. I played this game while i was having no money at all so please don't tell me anything about standard of living. And it's all irelevant to the fact that this is not achievable so easy and wouldn't be fair to the rest of players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Gladiator said:

i went on a 10 hours grind session on freedom servers once. At the end i had more than 10 silvers to pay a full month's worth of premium.

what type of grind? was this a premium toon? Did your skills allow you to work maybe 3x faster? Was this a forage/botanize grind getting coin rolls and you easily did it because you dont have to worry about trolls and hell hounds? Very vague.

8 hours ago, Gladiator said:

Now, if that's not your cup of cake, i found several PMK wagons on Chaos that i sold for 10s each, each of them taking care of one month's worth of premium. Say u dont wanna do that, too much of a hassle, Found several dozen rare and non rare enchanted items both on Chaos and on Freedom just laying around in places people don't go to often with which i payed more than 5-6 months worth of upkeep on more than one character.

lol I'm not even going to talk about Pvp in this post, but anywho about the rare and non rare enchanted items. Did you do this on horse/cart/wagon? If so that would mean you won't have to manage stamina as you travel and im assuming your horses are fast enough to be faster than a new player on foot. Again, any hostile mobs in your way would be no worry.

8 hours ago, Gladiator said:

Say that as well is NOT your cup of cake. I have friends who either do enchanting for a price, or smithing for a price, or they combine it into a 100% ready item to use sell. I know people who make more than 50 / month doing that.

I held a shop up that can do up to i think 60ql to 70ql in blacksmithing. Nobody purchased 1 tool, I even offered a weekend of free imps and nobody responded :). All I sold was maybe 200+ light sources at 50ql which i think i sold at 4c per light source... would have to check the Yir Bargain shop. Anywho thats besides the point, a non premium player would not even be able to make 50ql stuff. I also assume that you know a non premium player can't get to priesthood. 

8 hours ago, Gladiator said:

Say you dont even wanna do that, then my friend, you have to work for other people, hard work, dig 1000 clay for 1 s, mine 1000 rocks for 50 copper, that kind of work, that i consider the end of the line and i would never do.

Then you are up against other players who are premium doing the same thing but faster than you. Not saying its impossible, but even you agree its undesirable. 

 

After the first premium that cost 2 silver, you either have to utilize your premium time to grind to make sure you have the body control, mind control, and body strength to do all the cart/horse/load cargo stuff and then try your best to utilize your time to make money faster as a premium player, or enjoy yourself and have a harder time as a non premium trying to get 10 silver. Might I add the idea of roaming around for people's stuff is not a renewable source.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, kochinac said:

I played this game while i was having no money at all so please don't tell me anything about standard of living. And it's all irelevant to the fact that this is not achievable so easy and wouldn't be fair to the rest of players.

I played this game as a 14 or 15 year old without a salary as well. I got to 20, the only method back then was market or sell to settlement token for noobs. I decided to leave and come back when i have a job. Then I got a job, eventually I looked at all the games I have played and how much hours i spent on them and how much i could say i enjoyed it. Wurm got over 100$, and It was more of a time consumer than something enjoyable. I've played completely free games for 700+ hours and had more fun than I did in wurm online. some other games i paid under 20$ and spent 100s of hours. After looking at the cost I switched to WU.

 

51 minutes ago, kochinac said:

You're reading it terribly wrong. Like people after your post stated and me in previous posts, lot of ways of earning silvers needed for premium, you just literally need to play the game and do what ever you like and will earn for premium atleast.

I've seen many people literally play the game and make lil to no cash lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems this argument comes down to , investing time to get coin to buy premium to get skill raised if you don't have a job in real life ..

Also that some people just find making 1000 planks or digging up 1 k clay to boring and not worth it  .

Same as going around foraging for coin  , its not there cup of tea it takes to long and its boring plus I am not getting any skill because not being premium .

 

They want the coin but don't want to work for it ..

They want the skills but find it to long and boring .

 

The dollar were I live goes up and down like a yoyo , I deal with and wait to buy premium time or I don't  simple ..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Yiraia said:

I played this game as a 14 or 15 year old without a salary as well. I got to 20, the only method back then was market or sell to settlement token for noobs. I decided to leave and come back when i have a job. Then I got a job, eventually I looked at all the games I have played and how much hours i spent on them and how much i could say i enjoyed it. Wurm got over 100$, and It was more of a time consumer than something enjoyable. I've played completely free games for 700+ hours and had more fun than I did in wurm online. some other games i paid under 20$ and spent 100s of hours. After looking at the cost I switched to WU.

Good for you.i never stopped playing, other games are not fun to me as Wurm is and i'm willing to pay to play on official server which can gurantie some security for my effort put instead of WU servers than can be wiped anytime, faster skill gain or whatever that makes it stupid easy that's not for me. This is the only game i play and i plan to play it for quite some time.  Wurm Online seems not to be your cup of tea mate but i sure don't need you here convincing me that some things are better when you don't play it anymore, online version will alway be better for me for numerous reasons and no unlimited server can offer such thing to me.

 

14 minutes ago, Yiraia said:

I've seen many people literally play the game and make lil to no cash lol. 

And what do you expect me and the others to do about it? Donate them silvers and premium? They can if they want and relativly easy, if they don't know how, they should reads comments above. If they don't want to, dont want to feel even the slightest preasure of earning for premium or whatever and they choose to pay with real life cash and thats even better for the game.

Not sure what are you trying to achieve with such comments of yours...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, kochinac said:

And what do you expect me and the others to do about it? Donate them silvers and premium?

maybe lower the price for devalued currencies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Yiraia said:

maybe lower the price for devalued currencies.

Me and the others who play this game can't do that... And me and some other folks who actually play this game doesn't think that is joust,fair to the others, that that makes sense, that that is smart thing to do, and that it will bring more trouble than benefit, pick one...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also how do you propose this to be implemented? And not being abused via VPN? Who is to determine which currency is devalued? Where is the line at which some country's economy is bad enough to have lower price for it? Is person gonna come and say you know I'm poor and country is poor and wurm stuff is like sure let us do background check on your country and you. Yeah never heard or that country before, must be very poor, here is free premium to the rest of your life? Something like that, huh? Are you gonna put list of 180 or how many countries are in world and Mark which one is poor enough to have cheaper wurm? My country must surely be on that list because of crap economy but yet wurm is minor percent to my income thanks to my job but hey I come from poor country I must have cheaper wurm ;) you guys are talking fairy tales and not thinking straight.. If Wurm is to be cheaper it should be cheaper for everyone, and not sure code club could afford that

Edited by kochinac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing you can do is support this suggestion. Also the OP states a big game (runescape, don't know many who haven't heard of it) that already has this implemented though a certain system. You seem to be arguing with me more than you are paying attention to what this post is about. That winky face seems like you are aiming for a "I'm right lol deel wit it."

 

2 hours ago, kochinac said:

If Wurm is to be cheaper it should be cheaper for everyone, and not sure code club could afford that

Okay so lemme just get this straight. You promote the idea of this game costing maybe 30% of minimum wage in one country, and 5% of minimum wage in another. And that if this were to get any cheaper, then it HAS to be something like 15% of minimum wage in one country and 2.5% in the another (which you said you aren't sure if code club should afford). You are against the idea of making the cost for wurm in more fitting in poorer countries? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Yiraia said:

You are against the idea of making the cost for wurm in more fitting in poorer countries? 

Yes i am against that idea. And can't argue anymore with you because it's getting to be quite annoying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah , i forgot there's no arguments with Yiraia, he'll always be against you  no matter what you present to him. No point in talking anymore people... no ... point...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2018 at 6:28 AM, Gladiator said:

Yeah , i forgot there's no arguments with Yiraia, he'll always be against you  no matter what you present to him. No point in talking anymore people... no ... point...

I'd argue otherwise. I can't be against everybody if there are only 2 sides. Right now im with the OP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this