Sign in to follow this  
Agorafilia

Wurm is too expensive for devalued currencies!

17 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

Runescape has locked prices on items, something i brought up before, that reduces the impact of the increased playerbase on a cheaper plan. runescape's also had a problem with massive bot farms for years, which isn't helped by the cheaper membership in other countries.

The wurm player base is receding drastically. the increase probably wont be enough to fill servers. The bot farms came way before the cheaper membership, and most of the bots where chinese to generate capital and they were MOSTLY on free to play servers.

22 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

Wurms economy is entirely go set whatever prices you want and let the market decide, which doesn't work well unless everyone has the same entrance fee. If someone was playing from a country with the normal price membership, he'd have to make more money than someone from the cheaper premium country to get the same amount of gametime. 

This doesn't make sense whatsoever, if im paying, proportionally, the same as you why would I make more money? Even if the price of buying silver were adapted, im still paying the same, proportionally, as you are.

It's not that im getting the game cheaper than you are, im getting cheaper proportionally to what I make. Which is the same as you. I just want to play the game without investing 4 to 5 times what you are investing.

+1 

Wurm has one of the most expensive Premium I've ever seen, and that absolutely hurts weaker economies to pay directly in Euros. We arent really encouraged on making any alts, and also lots of friends of us cant afford to focus on the game knowing they will need to pay this high to go further than lv20.

Maybe by using some kind of company (Like Boacompra or any other) It could be cheaper for some countries, and bring some more people up. Even a 1-2 Euros discount would already be a MASSIVE change on our prices. This is just a suggestion to bring new players, new alts, and more peace to our pockets for longer periods.

-

And last, this is not a "Please make the game cheaper for us", its just way too expensive compared to our salary, and completely out of the way for those who doesn't have a job.

Edited by panquecca
  • Like 1

I started playing this game as a student with no income whatsoever, played 3 month as free to play until my first settlement, another 2 untill my first premium from ingame silvers. Now I have 8h job with good salary for my country and still I can count on fingers months where I payed for wurm with money that I earned in real life. I'm earning money to pay the game ingame and I'm not even trying so hard so give me a break with your whining... Servers cost money, developers cost money I wonder how they make any profit at all at current situation

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Agorafilia said:

This doesn't make sense whatsoever, if im paying, proportionally, the same as you why would I make more money

Most items in this game have value from the time it takes to make them, time to make the bulk, time to grind the skill up to imp something, time to get a priests faith up. If premium costs are reduced, then the value of these things are reduced, because the person hasn't used as much money on premium. Take a priest battery for example, 100 faith can take months to get to unless you run 24/7 sermons on them, even with sermons it's still at-least 2 months, and it's reflected in the value. If suddenly premium costs are reduced for certain countries, someone in that country could make that same battery for a fraction of the cost, and would undercut anyone in the market, making it a waste of time unless you were in said cheaper premium country. If you were selling items ingame for premium,  silver > real currency > cash shop would get you multiple times more gametime than someone in expensive region. Any product traded ingame has time invested in it and if you lower the cost of premium then the cheaper premium countries can sell cheaper while still breaking even, because they have less overhead costs.

Not to mention that it'd be impossible to police, seeing as account selling/trading/sharing is allowed what's to stop someone from putting a year of prem on an acc and selling it, or letting their friends play on it and save on prem, or just buy it and say they're from the region. Unless you're planning on removing sharing and selling accounts, but that goes against the offered features shown to new players and is overall dumb so meh.

+1 to the original idea, but.....

Drop the monthly fee or cut it down like 5€ per month, but I would say that wurm needs micro payments that ppl can buy for example, they could charge you for actual wooden barrel of certain paint not overlay crap and it would cost like 5€ to have top ql paint, 70ql like 3€ or something. Actual docks? 10-20€, Trader/Merchant Contracts.... you name it. 

Imagine player wanting all different top ql paints or just 3... it would be at least 15€ per player that times how many actual players? Nothing would stop players from selling those forward, but at least someone has to buy it from shop or no one will get it.

(just an example how it could be)

No monthly fee at all or lowered would lower greatly the fence of getting into the game.. PvE could get new toys with euros and PvP could get some, but NOT something that has actually benefit over other players so we wont get more p2w mentality. 

do you people take in to consideration that the premium and deed upkeep is the only think you pay? go play free to play games and you will spend way more than wurm

also how can 8E be so expensive compared to games where its 15 or more..

The levels of elitism, the "no one should have a different deal than me, no matter the circumstances", the "everyone should play like me", the hypocrisy ("Wurm NEEDS the money, EVERY last dime, and don't you dare touch my selling silvers on paypal!!!!!!").... 

The devs are doing a great job but the community... time and again I reach the conclusion that WO ain't worth 5 Bolivares much less 8 euros.  But keep blaming the devs for the population loss.

• Like 1

Just for kicks btw, I wanna see the mental gymnastics that ensue.

Since dropping sub cost for certain economies = bad.. .while.... 

Players undercutting the developers to sell silver themselves = good

Let's play out a scenario.

a)  I need to pay upkeeps on Oct 1, so I buy 50s off the website.  That's 50x1.6 = 80 Euros CCAB gets.

b)  I pay upkeeps, silver goes to the coffers.

c)  During October, 10 players drained traders and foraged HARD... they got 5s each.

d)  Those 10 players each buy 5k bricks off Bobby, who's been grinding that chisel bigtime.

e)  Bobby posts 50s for 50e on forums.

f1)  It's Nov 1, I need another 50s for upkeeps. (Yes I married Paris Hilton, she's paying for it all).

If I buy another 80 euros' worth off wurmonline.com,

HOW MUCH MONEY DID CCAB MAKE OFF MY NEEDING 100 SILVER?  (80+80 = 160)

f2)  It's Nov 1, I need another 50s for upkeeps. (Yes I married Paris Hilton, she's paying for it all).

If I buy my 50s from Bobby this time,

HOW MUCH MONEY DID CCAB MAKE OFF MY NEEDING 100 SILVER?  (80+0 = 80)

But let's strongly voice our opposition against players whose currencies are weak against the Euros, they should not have a better deal to make the game more affordable. 

Also, we need to buy Bobby a medal!!!!! (And inb4 someone says that Bobby wouldn't be able to afford Wurm without selling silver because a college student's life and economy is sooooo haaaard and we should all show some support for Bobby if not the game may run even lower on the player it so desperately needs!!!!).

How easy people let empathy override every sence of rationality, logic and practicality...

I come from a country where average salary is 200-300 euros although my salary is significantly higher than that thanks to my IT job, I would benefit most of this suggestion. But nevertheless people in my country pay the same money even more for car than people from Germany, it's how thinks work it's irrational to expect that price of international product is scaled to your country's economy based on empathy or whatever. And beside how would you implement it to avoid massive abbuses?

P.S. if you're feeling so empathic donate to someone who doesn't have resources for one month or his premium instead of bulshithing here..

I wouldn't do someone the disfavor of donating so they can be mixed in with such blatant double standards.  Specially the kind that comes into a suggestions' thread to ###### all over the OP then can't take it when someone calls them out on their crap.

On the other hand this kind of idiocy is really handy to keep the WU communities thriving so, xiè xiè.

I won't deny a certain degree of schadenfreude resulting from watching you guys squirm over the lack of new players to sell stuff to while simultaneously making sure that new players have as few reasons as possible to stay.

Cheerio and pip pip.

Edited by Mordraug
  • Like 2

At the end of the day this is all going to boil down to player greed on the market. 

Letting people make money from Wurm is the worst decision that the developers of this game have ever made and I stand by that.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, FranktheTank said:

At the end of the day this is all going to boil down to player greed on the market. 

Letting people make money from Wurm is the worst decision that the developers of this game have ever made and I stand by that.

Do you thin k Wurm would still be going if people could not sell there characters or silver for real money ?

I don't think so .

The game is fun , but a lot of the players now need a reason to play it , and it boils down to being able to make money or pay sub doing so ..

Cant win ether way , dammed if you try  or dammed if you don't ..

I don't think this have much with making money in wurm. 

I think it's just ridiculous and not plausible to have different prices per regions. People have different earnings even in the same country but yet they pay the same for stuff. You don't see charging extra for bread for example to someone who is rich just because he is rich, do you? Life standard in your country is lower I'm sorry, thouf luck, life isn't fair, but Wurm also have opportunity to earn some extra cash and earn your premium ingame maybe you should take that advantage instead and look from the good side.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Damascus said:

Do you thin k Wurm would still be going if people could not sell there characters or silver for real money ?

I don't think so .

The game is fun , but a lot of the players now need a reason to play it , and it boils down to being able to make money or pay sub doing so ..

Cant win ether way , dammed if you try  or dammed if you don't ..

I do because wurm is a completely unique game in every aspect.

If you base your need to play on making money you are the type of person I want to see leave permanently.

Edited by FranktheTank
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, FranktheTank said:

I do because wurm is a completely unique game in every aspect.

If you base your need to play on making money you are the type of person I want to see leave permanently.

That's the point , I see to many playing this game based on making money any way they can to resell .

Any coin /silver I get ingame goes back into deed upkeep or if I need something imped ..

Even at times for a 15 to 30 day sub , and that is rare ...

I play to have fun that's it .

• Like 1

If people could not make money off wurm I think wurm would actually be in a better place...  when the changes are affecting ingame currencies that are not worth anything out of game then wurm is allowed to reach any balance possible.  Think of all the suggestions and potential updates that were lost to people screaming about their ability to make money.  Think about how new players to the game or your village/alliance or friends or hermits or even just other veterans might feel when they might get handed decent gear because people cared about other people and not the fact that gear is worth 10e, 20e, 50e, etc.  The game is so much more appealing and friendlier before you realize it's all about the money, I felt this way when I started and discovered that merchants were a thing and saw all this high ql enchanted stuff that costed real money and I had no interest in dumping cash into a game I just started and already has a monthly subscription model paid with real money as well as upkeep paid with real money.

The ONLY negative I can agree to about wurm not letting you make money is losing the ability to gain premium/upkeep funds via playing, but I'm sure there's a million and one solutions to that very small problem to have in the grand scheme of things.  Such as actually playing and completing milestones/goals/events/etc to win ingame currency the same as you would in any other game and using ingame currencies for upkeep and purchasing coupons to use towards premium.  The only real problem now is that any changes like this would be at minimum 5 years too late, the current population is way too low for a high risk change this far into the life of the game.  However it can be interesting to think of that while we would have less of our current playerbase, how much larger would the playerbase have become to replace them?

• Like 7

VPNs make this a terrible idea. 

Edit: Assuming Code Club never changes their subscription/account management system.

Edited by Wurmhole

Well personally i think wurm should be the same price everywhere with no conversion. I haven't spent real money on this game for the past year cause of how much it costs me

Edited by antonslavick
  • Like 1

On 9/7/2018 at 1:14 AM, kochinac said:

How easy people let empathy override every sence of rationality, logic and practicality...

I come from a country where average salary is 200-300 euros although my salary is significantly higher than that thanks to my IT job, I would benefit most of this suggestion. But nevertheless people in my country pay the same money even more for car than people from Germany, it's how thinks work it's irrational to expect that price of international product is scaled to your country's economy based on empathy or whatever. And beside how would you implement it to avoid massive abbuses?

P.S. if you're feeling so empathic donate to someone who doesn't have resources for one month or his premium instead of bulshithing here..

While I agree with most of your points, scaling a product isn't as easy as scaling a service. 

It's not exactly as if the Wurm Servers are overloaded with players. 

This isn't a supply and demand problem... 

On 9/7/2018 at 10:51 AM, Themystrix said:

+1 to the original idea, but.....

Drop the monthly fee or cut it down like 5€ per month, but I would say that wurm needs micro payments that ppl can buy for example, they could charge you for actual wooden barrel of certain paint not overlay crap and it would cost like 5€ to have top ql paint, 70ql like 3€ or something. Actual docks? 10-20€, Trader/Merchant Contracts.... you name it. 

Imagine player wanting all different top ql paints or just 3... it would be at least 15€ per player that times how many actual players? Nothing would stop players from selling those forward, but at least someone has to buy it from shop or no one will get it.

(just an example how it could be)

No monthly fee at all or lowered would lower greatly the fence of getting into the game.. PvE could get new toys with euros and PvP could get some, but NOT something that has actually benefit over other players so we wont get more p2w mentality. 

Go play wurm unlimited on a server that has a cash store if you want that kinda stuff
or any other f2p cash cow game on your phone like seriously why would you suggest a business model that is hated by gamers leave it as it is

if it means some people cant pay because of shitty currency well sorry but thats the way the world works
if you give lower price to those countries you get what steam has with russian keys and vpns and it would love code club out of a lot of money

On 9/6/2018 at 3:40 PM, kochinac said:

I'm earning money to pay the game ingame and I'm not even trying so hard so give me a break with your whining... Servers cost money, developers cost money I wonder how they make any profit at all at current situation

So if you are poor irl you should be poor in the game and work for richer people? Man, should just turn off the computer and experience life. Thought it was a game

2 minutes ago, Yiraia said:

So if you are poor irl you should be poor in the game and work for richer people? Man, should just turn off the computer and experience life. Thought it was a game

wtf are you talking about? o.O

• Like 1

On 9/8/2018 at 1:52 AM, kochinac said:

Life standard in your country is lower I'm sorry, thouf luck, life isn't fair, but Wurm also have opportunity to earn some extra cash and earn your premium ingame maybe you should take that advantage instead and look from the good side.

the only method of making decent money without people is relying on luck for coin rolls in-game is by working for people who have money. I don't know how the coffers are now but when I was playing it was near empty due to all the foragables-only and botanizable-only items. You are suggesting that he should...

On 9/6/2018 at 3:40 PM, kochinac said:

give me a break with your whining...

and just work for other players unless fortunate enough to get coins from the coffer rather than see if the price can match his standard of living, in his region, so he may enjoy the game.

Am I reading this wrong?

11 hours ago, Yiraia said:

and just work for other players unless fortunate enough to get coins from the coffer rather than see if the price can match his standard of living, in his region, so he may enjoy the game.

Am I reading this wrong?

i went on a 10 hours grind session on freedom servers once. At the end i had more than 10 silvers to pay a full month's worth of premium. Now, if that's not your cup of cake, i found several PMK wagons on Chaos that i sold for 10s each, each of them taking care of one month's worth of premium. Say u dont wanna do that, too much of a hassle, Found several dozen rare and non rare enchanted items both on Chaos and on Freedom just laying around in places people don't go to often with which i payed more than 5-6 months worth of upkeep on more than one character. Say that as well is NOT your cup of cake. I have friends who either do enchanting for a price, or smithing for a price, or they combine it into a 100% ready item to use sell. I know people who make more than 50 / month doing that. Say you dont even wanna do that, then my friend, you have to work for other people, hard work, dig 1000 clay for 1 s, mine 1000 rocks for 50 copper, that kind of work, that i consider the end of the line and i would never do. But dude, this is a community, a market, people in need of things, if you just randomly removed the need for silvers to go around freedom would die entirely... Literally the end game of freedom is trading. THat's all there is to it. If u wanna make pretty houses go to Wurm Unlimited and make pretty houses m8, but the real endgame to the Freedom side of Wurm Online has nothing to do with that, it's all about the market and the community.

• Like 4

I have to agree with those saying it comes down to the RL money thing.  Everyone in the game has the potential to make the same amount of real money.  Therefore the cost to get into this "business" should be the same for all.   If not, then some people would pay less to potentially make the same and therefore higher profit.   And this RL cash profit can in turn be used to pay in-game for premium and deed upkeep for those who aren't actually siphoning money off to their RL paypal accounts.

I hate that aspect of Wurm and much prefer the Unlimited model where RL cash has no part in it except for a few optional goodies on the servers that have a cash shop.  Players can't make a real-cash profit in Unlimited, so it doesn't matter if some paid full price and others got a discount.  

But sadly, it is what it is.

Edited by Amadee
  • Like 2