Sign in to follow this  
Roccandil

Make steep slope collision more like tree collision

Getting stuck full-stop on a tile corner due to slope is frustrating (especially when riding at full gallop). I'd love to see those collisions handled more like trees: where the game makes an effort to "slide" you around the collision area.

So, instead of stopping when I catch an impassable corner, I'd just bump around it.

• Like 4

Not a bad idea, especially since a tile's slope isn't always constant, so you get stopped even on a reasonably flat corner sometimes.

• Like 2

I know this is an old post, but I would love to see this. Especially when you're riding a horse towards a downward slope. You end up getting stuck and have to turn the horse around. It's not a big deal, but would be a nice quality of life improvement.

• Like 2

I'd rather see momentum take you further based on speed or something more realistic than what we have at least. Sadly I think Wurm has it's happy spot with horses on slopes and it will take a 'better' bit of coding to change it.

Oh how sweet to see a horse start scrabbling for ground after 2 slope tiles and just about gain ground or jump down a slope to slide and jump again instead of stop dead. Much more dangerous play there but I'd love it if these dynamics were fixed I'm sure. Which dev would take this on and am I even right or do we have the best option now?

Edited by Silures