Sign in to follow this  
Ayes

Safe To Sacrifice Gate Keys?

Being that we as "Owners" have "Permissions" to manage gates, is it safe to sacrifice the keys to those gates? Also, how about keys to large carts and wagons being sacrificed? Reason I am asking is that I must have a few 100 gate keys stored that I and alts have built over the years. Some of the gates I have even destroyed and it's hard to tell which keys go to those too, so it would be nice to finally sacrifice all of them (gate keys) if they are really not needed anyway.

=Ayes=

If you have ownership and manage permissions on all the gates then I see no problem in saccing away the keys. My current workflow is: create locks -> sacc keys immediately -> use locks.

In case you are unsure on some locks I'd recommend to replace lock to a new one on that gate / item first.

• Like 1

If I recall (I may be off here), it would let you sacrifice keys that were "orphaned" but not keys that belonged to something? Which at least sorts out some of them. Maybe not. Maybe that was under the old system only. Or maybe I am starting to get confused with another game ...

The rest I dump into a jar inside of a bowl inside of a backpack inside of my forge. Or some other place way out of the way.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Sacrifice all your keys, the only use they have is for merchant sales pens.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

If I recall (I may be off here), it would let you sacrifice keys that were "orphaned" but not keys that belonged to something? Which at least sorts out some of them. Maybe not. Maybe that was under the old system only. Or maybe I am starting to get confused with another game ...

The rest I dump into a jar inside of a bowl inside of a backpack inside of my forge. Or some other place way out of the way.

they changed that ...now they all get sacced if you try it ...only use today to keep keys is for selling at merchant or give to alts to be able to open bsb/fsb without permission set 

• Like 1