Sign in to follow this  
Chihuahua

New HD Textures [WIP]

After 5 years playing Wurm Im bored of default textures, so I decided to make my own. I know that there is many people that playing 640x400 resolution

and lowest graphic settings because they are running 4 instances of the game at one time, and they won’t like it,

but these textures are for people that want to start the adventure once again, or maybe new players,

guys like me who prefer building that grinding, and don’t like default rock texture.

Im not adding ‘’modern’’ textures or anything like that, because i want to save

climate of Wurm, the rough, dirty world where you can make huge, beautifull things.

Screenshots:

https://imgur.com/a/lXXS7Zb

https://imgur.com/a/yyIoO7G

https://imgur.com/a/3iH93LE

https://imgur.com/a/d35ioOA

https://imgur.com/a/x8lWPDO

It's still work in progress and I will upload it asap, let me know what you think ?

Edited by Chihuahua
  • Like 2

That is an awesome natural blend between textures per tile

nice job!

• Like 1

excellent! how do i implement into my server tho? Do i need to edit the database directly or can i just replace some pics in the server files somewhere?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CountZero said:

excellent! how do i implement into my server tho? Do i need to edit the database directly or can i just replace some pics in the server files somewhere?

This would be client side not server.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CountZero said:

Yea you'll just need to change your "graphics" file

On 9/3/2018 at 6:27 PM, ausimus said:

This would be client side not server.

Uhm - would that file maybe work for Wurm Online too? (i guess not but i'm hoping, because the graphics really look nice!). Asking for a friend :)

Looks very nice. I hope to get a download link soon to enjoy it myself ? Very good job!

Edited by Governor
  • Like 1

On 9/5/2018 at 2:43 PM, masterqgj said:

Uhm - would that file maybe work for Wurm Online too? (i guess not but i'm hoping, because the graphics really look nice!). Asking for a friend :)

Any texture modification in Wurm Online is disallowed I guess and you could get banned. 

On 9/5/2018 at 8:43 AM, masterqgj said:

Modifying any part of Wurm Online is a quick and efficient way to get banned. Its not allowed, and do not attempt to do so.

For more information on the subject see

• Like 2

Thanks ausimus for making that clear. I really was unsure but i thought so myself too.

Sad, but it is at it is :) i still like the graphics shown in the main thread!

• Like 1

Definitely looking forward to this mod. The textures look great. Very natural in appearance to the theme of the game. Keep up the great work!

• Like 1

On 9/8/2018 at 8:08 AM, Chihuahua said:

Any texture modification in Wurm Online is disallowed I guess and you could get banned. 

In addition, when you launch WO, it specifically looks for any changes in the graphics.jar, and if it finds any, it deletes and replaces it with vanilla. I used to try to test whether I could change horse colors when I first started WO, as I was used to some early vanilla WoW modding where you could make cosmetic changes to the looks of your hunter pet, but I discovered in Wurm, it specifically looks for any file changes and reverts them to default settings.  I would imagine there might be some imaginative, very complicated workarounds that involve logging in normally, trying to replace the jar (normally impossible when in use, but who knows what might be possible) then manually forcing a refresh of textures. But as said, that is a bannable offence, and for good reason. Similar to why people are not allowed to mod out winter graphics, or have a "toggle off" option,  because it annoys them.

• Like 1

What Skipper said - any progress on this? I, for one, would dearly love to get upgraded textures into my Wurm Unlimited game to make it moar prity.

Hi Skipper. Your work looked well.

Do you have goes on with your new hd textures?