Sign in to follow this  
Vess219

Returning Player Questions

Hello All,

Looking to return to play some more WU, however I had a few questions in regards to some of the issues that turned me away from the game originally. 

1. When I did play at release, I realized there wasn't a big incentive/reason to kill certain creatures. For example lets say I wanted to go hunt scorpions, they didn't drop any material unique to them, like lets say a poison gland I could use in a specific recipe.  Has anything like this been implemented?  A reason to go out and kill/farm specific creature types?  Was wondering if the food/cooking update might of added this stuff.  Couldn't find to much though.

2. Is it possible to play the game fully solo on your own server with the intent of killing all of the Uniques/Bosses? 

3. In addition to the solo question, I never fully understood the Epic Missions/Valrei system.  Is this something a solo person would be interested in?

Thanks for any info you can provide!

Scorpions drop cochineal which is used to make red dye - can't think of anything else that drops those. They also drop insect meat, though you can get that from other insect type creatures as well. If you want fowl meat you need chickens and roosters. So there are some things unique to certain creatures or categories of creatures. In many cases you have more than one source, which is a good thing if you have trouble finding certain creatures.

I don't know if it is possible to solo all the bosses, even with max skill and the best gear. Maybe, but I'm skeptical.

11 hours ago, Romen said:

Scorpions drop cochineal which is used to make red dye - can't think of anything else that drops those

Cave bugs.