Sign in to follow this  
Tich

"Freedom Market"

There is now a temporary ramp up from the cave canal to the market while we build the permanent ramp.

Here's a pic so that ppl can find it a little easier:

7_25_10_09_6_26_00.jpg

Many thanks to Artashes, Rosie, and Tich for their massive help in getting it finished as quickly as possible.

There is still lots of work to do on the permanent road if anyone is looking for digging skill, or if you want someone to show you how that flatraising thing works.

[advert]Cave Canal Hotel is open, 1c beds, short walk from the market. Located at the West end of the Cave Canal, at the base of the ramp.[/advert]

Oh, ok now I see where it is...right next to that hermit guru that knows the answers to your greatest questions about life, but will only tell you in riddles. I'll be making my ascent with a few sherpas and Bear Grylls when the pass is cleared of snow and yeti.

(Just kidding of course, looks like some excellent work)

Im pretty sure that road looks awesome!

Nice work for all involved

The Freedom Market looks amazing from all the photos I've seen. Well done to everyone that was involved in this project guys youve really outdone it! I look forward to visiting Merchant town soon!

is that ramp up on the east or west side?

That ramp is on the west side of the cave canal, and leads north to the Market.

The east road from the Market is being worked on at the moment, and should come to the coast somewhere near Olive Cove (which seems to be abandoned), a little way NE of the east entrance to the cave canal.

Ah, I remember having to scale that bridge of land on my first day. Then getting humped off a troll. Good times.

I scaled that thing 3 times trying to plant my deed  :P

Gave me the inspiration for the Canal - mainly so I wouldn't have to scale it anymore and leave a boat behind.

Thought you might like to know that there are 15 merchants there already.

If your thinking about putting up a merchant, now is a good time to do it with xmas just around the corner.

If you don't have a private trader, or the means to drain a public trader, Buy your merchants from Economonkey - Located at Freedom Market.

Was wondering if i could put up a merchant. Is there a cost for putting it at the merchant town?

Was wondering if i could put up a merchant. Is there a cost for putting it at the merchant town?

Just the cost of buying the merchant :)

Okay thank you! i will probably come set up a merchant tomorrow or on the weekend

Consumers:

I just headed up to the markets to restock my merchants & did a count, there are 22 merchants now, so if you've got a few silvers, it's worth your time to see if there's anything you want.

a couple of the bargains I noticed

57ql meditation rug 50c

92ql 10kg iron lump 70c

49ql triangular sail  70c

60ql toolbelt 40c

85c 71w 83fa 60ql longsword 2.7s

Retailers:

I've made a tidy amount of money & I noticed that a few of the other merchants are empty, so it seems that the merchants are making some sales if your thinking about opening up shop there. I also noticed that none of the merchants that sold covers had any stock, so if you have some decent covers, looks like you can make some sales.

Retailers:

I also noticed that none of the merchants that sold covers had any stock, so if you have some decent covers, looks like you can make some sales.

True enough. I've been selling my surplus stock of gland/tooth healing covers for 1c each, and someone must have bought the 25 I'd left on my merchant there.  :)

for those interested in knowing, there are 35 merchants now :)

How is the FPS performance when traveling through that area? Consistent or does it drop? If it drops, by how much would you say?

for those interested in knowing, there are 35 merchants now :)

How is the FPS performance when traveling through that area? Consistent or does it drop? If it drops, by how much would you say?

no drop at all for me

no drop at all for me

And merchants don't count to the creature count :P

Darkenstone has had its day. The neutrality of this deed and its central location works better.

???

Since when was DS ever capital or much of a merchant town?

None of us that lived there seemed that keen on it being a capital, probably cos we live there and saw what NT was like,

DS does get some passing trade but we never pushed that hard to bring in more merchants than our our own which, several people commented, we werent that active about keeping stocked either :P

BTW totally into the existence of this place, I only think its a shame that it was not also made partially a utility town for things like impalongs, though I hear Ols is trying to get that covered anyway :)

Shanty town like NT? I actually think it would be a good idea for there to be some sort of support for newcomers to the server. I think elsewhere I suggested a large inn, public utilities and maybe rentable houses at Samling just so new players wouldnt find exploring Freedom quite as intimidating as it might be for some.

BTW totally into the existence of this place, I only think its a shame that it was not also made partially a utility town for things like impalongs, though I hear Ols is trying to get that covered anyway :)

Shanty town like NT? I actually think it would be a good idea for there to be some sort of support for newcomers to the server. I think elsewhere I suggested a large inn, public utilities and maybe rentable houses at Samling just so new players wouldnt find exploring Freedom quite as intimidating as it might be for some.

Yeah and the aoc prevents building shacks nearby.

To be honest i think samling should not be starting place at all.

Yeah and the aoc prevents building shacks nearby.

To be honest i think samling should not be starting place at all.

Well .. I wasnt agreeing specifically with a place where a shanty town could be built.

I think that with GV being there, albeit a GV that is probably a bit too small from what I have read, then people do have the chance to learn the game and build skills in an NT style environment.

But I do think that being a newcomer to Independence must be really quite intimidating in the sense that you have no easy place to use as a safe home base. And thats why I think it would be nice to see some prebuilt amenities at Samling.

I've made good money selling boats to newcomers but I would honestly prefer to see them having a fair chance to start out here without being boxed into buying a boat or accepting a place in the soonest available village.

Thankfully, Tich, Spellcast and others have provided some good travelways for new people to take advantage of. :)