Sign in to follow this  
Batta

Editing game sounds

I've heard people say that they have edited the default game sounds, and I'd like to do that a bit. Can someone please tell me where to find the sound files?  

I'd also like to give some of the sounds a listen before choosing. How can I do that?  This is for a public hosted server, not just for my WU Dedicated server, so please can you tell me where to find it NOT in WurmLauncher (the host doesn't give access to this, as far as I can tell).

I see the list on Wurmpedia (https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Sounds), though it doesn't mention where you can find them, or how to hear them.

--------------------------------

EDIT:  Okay, I found Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\packs\sound.jar - Was able to open with WinRAR and listen to the selections. However, they don't say "sound.birdsong.bird9" (for example). Instead they are just mostly numbers.  The reason this matters to me is that I was able to change the sound of the Mark and Recall runes by using the "birdsong" version, but I wouldn't know how to tell what it is just from the mappings.txt file.

Anyway, that's as far as I've gotten.  I still don't know how to edit sounds in the game, or where to find the files on a hosted server that doesn't have a WurmLauncher folder. Thanks for any help!

Edited by Batta

there was/is a mod out there that added eery sounds when in a mine.

Cant remember what its called or who the author is at the moment, i will look at my WU mods i have when i get home.

• Like 1