Sign in to follow this  
FranktheTank

Movement Speed of Tar

I would like to open up a legitimate case study on the movement speed of tar, how fast do you think tar moves? What can we learn based on how fast we move through tar tiles?

I guess it depends on how thick the consistency of the tar is. 

?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, FranktheTank said:

I would like to open up a legitimate case study on the movement speed of tar, how fast do you think tar moves? What can we learn based on how fast we move through tar tiles?

Ask any of those 100's of dinosaurs found in tar pits.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, FranktheTank said:

how fast do you think tar moves?

Tar doesn't move in wurm..

Depends also upon the amount of feathers applied to the person as well...

=Ayes=

• Like 2

On 9/2/2018 at 2:07 PM, Ayes said:

Depends also upon the amount of feathers applied to the person as well...

=Ayes=

YAGpXPd.png

This is a simple measurement. On flat pavement, my tar guinea pig Tulon walks a respectable 17,26km/h. This is our baseline.

Now, tar is known to be a pesky lifeform that coagulates in what scientists refer to as a pile of "Screw your speed" that does not move for its own sake, but to cancel out the movement of what it comes in contact with. So walking over tar would give you a decent idea of its capability to cancel out movement.

That, however, is not enough, as the measurement was on flat pavement, whereas flat grass would also slow you down due to unfavourable terrain, which tar undoubtedly is. We also want to be able to refer to our previously established baseline somehow, so we got to keep normal means of locomotion unhindered terrainwise and instead maximize the area of effect of the tar on our recently abducted test subject volunteer and repeat the experiment on the flat cobblestone.

Therefore, and much despite his protests, Tulon was coated in 242 kilograms of tar (the wailing protests ceased when we reached his head, implying that tar can also calm the mind and not just inhibit locomotion). His movement speed drastically dropped to 4,33km/h on flat pavement, from that difference we can infer that the tar has moved in the opposite direction with a whooping 12,93km/h.