Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Valrei International. 067

7 hours ago, Wurmhole said:

I'm down for removing HH completely as a mount or hitchable critter.  I quit using them the day they changed them to unhitch when getting older.  I don't have the time to manage critter ages. 

Or how about you... don't use them without wanting everyone else being forced to play like you?

• Like 1

freedomers don't eat corpses and no such thing as mycelium in freedom isles.. except chaos..

On 9/2/2018 at 3:47 PM, JakeRivers said:

The changes to hell horses unhitching at a certain point was lame and your only options now are repeated breeding, which gets old, or dumping a ton of rift mats into the stupidly hard to make fo runes of electron rage just to eek out another month or so of use. You can have a regular horse last nearly for ever, but a hell horse becomes useless after a few months just does not make any sense at all.

Of course it makes sense. Hell horses are much better on a cart/wagon than regular horses are, therefore it makes sense for there to be some kind of downside or increased difficulty/maintenance. Prior to this change, there really wasn't, because neither leading, hitching, nor breeding them required any skill whatsoever; it was just as easy as breeding a regular horse or bison and using them.

• Like 1

If you want younger horses, make the runes. Why does this guy fight QOL changes until it suits him 

1 hour ago, Ostentatio said:

Hell horses are much better on a cart/wagon than regular horses are, therefore it makes sense for there to be some kind of downside or increased difficulty/maintenance. Prior to this change, there really wasn't, because neither leading, hitching, nor breeding them required any skill whatsoever; it was just as easy as breeding a regular horse or bison and using them.

It's a clunky, clumsy downside, enough to make it not worth messing with. Punish participation, and you'll get less of it.

I'd rather hellies couldn't be hitched at all, except for those with a special "hitchable" trait you'd have to breed for, so folks would want "6s" hellies for hitching. That could be more fun (issues with AH notwithstanding), and be a more reasonable downside to horses/bison.

• Like 1

I would rather see an overhaul to the taming system in general, which has been discussed elsewhere.

Hell horses are currently in a bizarre state, where they're naturally hostile (sort of) but also don't need to be tamed in order to use. Nothing else really works with them. I consider this a limitation of the current taming system.

Yeah, taming is weird. :) I wish you could "break" horses (via taming), and once broken, they could be ridden and re-equipped freely (without needing to be tamed).

(While we're at it, it would be cool if there were "carthorse/draught horse" traits, too... Maybe even make those horses a little bigger. They would be slower for riding, but faster for pulling.)

• Like 1

On 9/5/2018 at 11:28 AM, Roccandil said:

Yeah, taming is weird. :) I wish you could "break" horses (via taming), and once broken, they could be ridden and re-equipped freely (without needing to be tamed).

(While we're at it, it would be cool if there were "carthorse/draught horse" traits, too... Maybe even make those horses a little bigger. They would be slower for riding, but faster for pulling.)

Brand them. Problem solved.

On 9/5/2018 at 11:28 AM, Roccandil said:

Bison on Wagons get a 20% speed increase but cant be ridden.

4 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

Brand them. Problem solved.

Won't hunter mobs aggro them, then?

3 hours ago, Roccandil said:

No, why would they? I've had horses for my entire Wurm career and have yet to see anything attack my horses while hunting.  v0v

On 9/6/2018 at 1:28 AM, Roccandil said:

Animal permissions are now on PvP

3 hours ago, Roccandil said:

hunter mobs target tamed creatures, not branded. Enemy kingdom mobs (or maybe valrei ones) will target branded creatures but I think they already did that

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Animal permissions are now on PvP

hunter mobs target tamed creatures, not branded. Enemy kingdom mobs (or maybe valrei ones) will target branded creatures but I think they already did that

they hit regular horses and untamed hitched hells fairly often, not sure why you think being branded would make them immune to attacks

I believe you are mistaking what I said, I am referring to specifically attacking a creature because it is branded

On 9/10/2018 at 9:10 PM, Angelklaine said:

I've had horses for my entire Wurm career and have yet to see anything attack my horses while hunting.

Good luck for you then. I had my ridden horse (not tamed either) attacked 2-3 times by Trolls while out hunting about a month ago. So on some rare occasions mobs will still target them while ridden but I have always had bad luck with this "rare" situation. One Troll I taunted off, the other when I went back in to attack targeting it first. It still wouldn't stop attacking my horse so I had to ride away, dismount leaving the horse there and kill the Troll on foot or my horse would have been killed. So, yep it can happen...

=Ayes=

If its that rare it might be the hunger mechanic of a hunter mob going after prey. Dunno. Still I think its odd.