Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Valrei International. 067

that actually was a benefit and having the foal stage makes it take longer to get to breeding age too....

• Like 1

Nice update! 

And since we're on the topic of foals, am I imagining things or have the horse foals become much larger? They were just the perfect size before and usability-wise it helped to differentiate the foals from the mares. Now it's harder to tell them apart, and well they just don't look as adorable anymore. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Malena said:

And since we're on the topic of foals, am I imagining things or have the horse foals become much larger? They were just the perfect size before and usability-wise it helped to differentiate the foals from the mares. Now it's harder to tell them apart, and well they just don't look as adorable anymore. 

slight bug, saroman blames code, coders blame saroman, it's a whole kerfuffle, will be fixed next update. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Retrograde said:

slight bug, saroman blames code, coders blame saroman, it's a whole kerfuffle, will be fixed next update. 

Ah! Thanks for the info Retro :)❤️

20 hours ago, MrGARY said:

why does breeding have to get worse and take longer just because some people find the creatures that last a week to be cute

literally anyone breeding from scratch not only has to deal with horse foals but now hell horse and unicorn foals which greatly extend the amount of time breeding to get good horses, and now it will take even longer to get pvp mounts

I would like to request that for animals with the baby stage, an age minimum on breeding gets removed. A young horse is the "adult" version of the horse, whereas a foal is the immature stage, so it makes no sense to wait till the "adult" version reaches adolescence.

• Like 7

Concerned about hell horse lifespan?

Git gud, git CoC brush, git Coc shears, git AH to 60, breed in "certain spark in its eyes".

Also.... if eeeevery damn little change "will ruin pvp", GOOD.... better than the option: stagnation, which would ruin the whole game.

1 hour ago, Mordraug said:

Concerned about hell horse lifespan?

Git gud, git CoC brush, git Coc shears, git AH to 60, breed in "certain spark in its eyes".

I don't think anyone was worried or asking about the lifespan - it was the hitchable timespan.

Also a bit presumptuous to assume anyone who did isn't already breeding at that level, or above.

Thanks for responding, retro, glad to hear it is extra time added to the beginning of their life, though I'm still not exactly content with having the cute little buggers kicking around being useless and taking up space.

On 8/29/2018 at 2:13 PM, Retrograde said:

Hide contents

Modern Renderer

We’d like to thank everyone for their feedback regarding the modern renderer. We’ve addressed the issues with stability and memory usage (with the client--not sure if the same can be said about us), so starting next update, the modern renderer will be the default renderer. The legacy renderer will still be available as an option in settings, but will be phased out in the future.

Retrograde & the Wurm team.

What about those of us who can't enable GLSL Support due to having to depend on older integrated (Intel) graphics for our only computer system?

If you phase out the legacy renderer,  it'd effectively force us to no longer be able to play Wurm Online.  Though it may not be a majority of the players here,  neither is it simply a handful who use older systems or laptops to play Wurm Online.

Edited by Tristanc
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Alyeska said:

I would like to request that for animals with the baby stage, an age minimum on breeding gets removed. A young horse is the "adult" version of the horse, whereas a foal is the immature stage, so it makes no sense to wait till the "adult" version reaches adolescence.

+1

14 hours ago, Alyeska said:

also +1

thankyou so much for the foul unicorns and hellhorses, I got about 5 breeding pair of unicorns when they spawned around glasshollow, have some named unicorns now, and just in time for the fouls,, talk about good timing, job well done Devs, be well and blessed wurmians

I honestly don't know why all PvPrs haven't just left to go play on a PvP WU server.  I'm not trying to be rude to PvP players, but it just seems that most of you are eternally frustrated and angry about everything that happens in Wurm.  Was there ever a time when you all likes the way Wurm did PvP?  Have you all been just lingering for 12 years in the hopes that Wurm PvP will become some amazing experience?  Isn't there a point where you say the heck with this and move on to a new game or WU server?  It just sounds like it must be the absolute worst pvp system in the entire gaming universe, from the way everyone complains about it.

I really hope it isn't all bad and you are getting some fun out of the game.  Are you?

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Wurmhole said:

I honestly don't know why all PvPrs haven't just left to go play on a PvP WU server.  I'm not trying to be rude to PvP players, but it just seems that most of you are eternally frustrated and angry about everything that happens in Wurm.  Was there ever a time when you all likes the way Wurm did PvP?  Have you all been just lingering for 12 years in the hopes that Wurm PvP will become some amazing experience?  Isn't there a point where you say the heck with this and move on to a new game or WU server?  It just sounds like it must be the absolute worst pvp system in the entire gaming universe, from the way everyone complains about it.

I really hope it isn't all bad and you are getting some fun out of the game.  Are you?

wurm online pvp is absolute dogshit in so many aspects, but it is unironically one of the most thrilling and fun pvp games around. you see a lot of pvp players complaining about every update, because pvp content is(was?) largely ignored, and all changes to the game completely disregard pvp balance, or how different aspects of a pvp server will be affected.

as for WU, i've never really bothered it, but from what i have heard from friends... the main issue is that the servers are rife with hackers and macros. the lack of longevity/uncertainty of servers is also a concern

i'd like to know why pve players care so much about what pvp players think?? ? i can understand maybe epic-home players or in the wild/JKH/MRH days when raiding was a thing. but ya'll are on freedom, why do you care what we do on chaos? making balance changes separate from chaos and freedom is ezpz as far as code goes

33 minutes ago, Kabill said:

wurm online pvp is absolute dogshit in so many aspects, but it is unironically one of the most thrilling and fun pvp games around. you see a lot of pvp players complaining about every update, because pvp content is(was?) largely ignored, and all changes to the game completely disregard pvp balance, or how different aspects of a pvp server will be affected.

as for WU, i've never really bothered it, but from what i have heard from friends... the main issue is that the servers are rife with hackers and macros. the lack of longevity/uncertainty of servers is also a concern

i'd like to know why pve players care so much about what pvp players think?? ? i can understand maybe epic-home players or in the wild/JKH/MRH days when raiding was a thing. but ya'll are on freedom, why do you care what we do on chaos? making balance changes separate from chaos and freedom is ezpz as far as code goes

Because PVPers are generally the first and loudest ones to try to kill a PvE change for PvP reasons. Never mix PvP and PvE in the same game, one or both will always suffer for it.

• Like 4

just for the record as a "pvper" that plays on freedom because epic died im bothered by a pve change for pve reasons.  everything in wurm is already super time consuming especially breeding on freedom, and as we didn't play freedom for the many years epic was alive we had no hell horses so we need to breed from scratch or buy horses, and being forced to buy HORSES just for the basic use of a faster than normal mount just so people can drool over something cute for a week is a bit silly.  thankfully breeding hell horses for use was already started way before this, but unicorns is a guaranteed no at this point, way too much time investment.

"pvers" are often quick to point fingers at "pvpers" crying how they ruined/ruining their game, but they also complain when "pvpers" complain about changes.  there was/is even mobs of people that are ready to drop threats of quitting and what not if player gods change too much which was an EPIC feature so epic/pvp gets choked for years of heavy imbalance because of pve, for just one example.  it goes both ways but people like to act like it's one way

the obvious solution is that changes like this need to take into consideration all aspects and provide a counter-balance.  it can be even as simple as allowing bred animals with a foal stage to not have a minimum age for breeding when they grow up as suggested, it still prevents the animal from being used as a mount which is still a bad thing but its at least somewhat of a compromise.  there could even be a priest spell "enchantment" to throw at an animal to make their babies skip the foal stage.  consideration of the effects a change has and compromising in some form goes a LONG way, and no, saying that pvp servers foals age faster so its ok is not consideration, it doesn't fix those of us not breeding on pve and for someone like me that bred for the majority of a kingdom for years knowing what it's like firsthand it's far from the truth.  there has been many times where horse stock was nearly non existent and adding days to restocking means longer downtime of not being able to fight, even more so if there was a population.  remember that a simple 10v10 fight with one mount and one backup horse each is up to 40 dead horses total

Edited by MrGARY
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Wurmhole said:

Was there ever a time when you all likes the way Wurm did PvP?

Yeah i like when HH and Unicorn wasn't a baby stage with yet another barrier. Is that bad? or does that effect your little pve toes too much.

Also I liked when HH wasn't a thing. So remove them.

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Darmalus said:

Because PVPers are generally the first and loudest ones to try to kill a PvE change for PvP reasons. Never mix PvP and PvE in the same game, one or both will always suffer for it.

UhhhHHHHhhHhH

1 hour ago, Kabill said:

making balance changes separate from chaos and freedom is ezpz as far as code goes

• Like 1

On 8/30/2018 at 4:39 PM, Alyeska said:

I like the idea too!

I remember when rifts first came out and on epic we got a lot of random stuff from it, but we also had tight knit communities so we shared the spaulders, pauldrons, recipes rings and stuff we got. Then PVE people complained about it cause they didn't win their precious vanity items to sell and thus less and less stuff dropped from rifts which was also implemented on Epic where no one on epic complained about rifts. They made drops shift directly into player's inventory and if you didn't see the event message, you never knew who got what.   

A change from freedom dropped on Epic without any prior consultation of players or feedback. Rifts then became sucky to epic players which is why no one on epic has done a rift in months. So please, one of the reasons pvpers are upset is , I dunno, because at one point Epic had like over 1000 players? Small compared to the freedom playerbase at the time, but 1000 players are still customers paying for your game. People start quitting Epic due to it mainly being ignored while freedom got all the updates they wanted. I'm not bashing freedom for the nice stuff they got over the yearrs, but like gary, I was an Epic only player since 2012 or so and after a few years I saw hundreds of people and dozens of friends leave. 

Freedom bashes pvpers as much as pvpers bash freedom players. But at the end of the day, freedom always got the better part of the deal and that's a factual statement not an opinion, atm I really don't care what happens to either freedom or Epic, I care about the game overall and its declining playercount and I am not sure baby horses should be a priority. Just my 2 cents, when are we getting an update about tutorial, advertising and UI fix? Smelting pots nerf? Hota removal? 

• Like 2

Rifts weren't changed like that at all loot was changed to drop into players inventories  to avoid the theft spam and  we also increased chances of receiving loot twice, nothing was reduced and we wouldn't reduce loot to satisfy people who wish to keep value. 

Update about tutorial soon, hota removal is just a player suggestion, smelting pot change will be in next update as we said, UI is ongoing while we work on other aspects that don't need the major overhaul to be improved. 

• Like 4

If epic has the same rift system as freedom I can't see what there problem is, as useless junk galore drops from each rift I go to.

You do actually need to do the rift to get these items though, leaving the rift sit for months on end provides zero rewards, lol.

4 hours ago, Retrograde said:

nothing was reduced and we wouldn't reduce loot to satisfy people who wish to keep value. 

Items had a chance to drop from every mob then it was reduced to just champions and warmaster, probably what he means

2 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

If epic has the same rift system as freedom I can't see what there problem is, as useless junk galore drops from each rift I go to.

You do actually need to do the rift to get these items though, leaving the rift sit for months on end provides zero rewards, lol.

Smaller population means less mobs spawn meaning statistically less chance of getting loot (bear in mind a good rift on epic had 10 people, which is a poor rift on freedom), which of course, after all this time rift loot still has no use on pvp so less chance of loot and only decorative use means less people want to do rifts combined with no population to do rift.  There was a time a year or so ago that myself and Sme would do rifts on epic since we were the only ones to, it would take 5-6 hours to close and we'd walk away with maybe a couple items each, so we stopped because whats the point.  The absolute only incentive to do rifts on pvp is moon metal, which you can surely find better ways to get more than 0.3kg in 5 hours of work

• Like 2

On 8/31/2018 at 8:52 PM, Mclavin said:

Yeah i like when HH and Unicorn wasn't a baby stage with yet another barrier. Is that bad? or does that effect your little pve toes too much.

Also I liked when HH wasn't a thing. So remove them.

I'm down for removing HH completely as a mount or hitchable critter.  I quit using them the day they changed them to unhitch when getting older.  I don't have the time to manage critter ages. 

49 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

Items had a chance to drop from every mob then it was reduced to just champions and warmaster, probably what he means

Smaller population means less mobs spawn meaning statistically less chance of getting loot (bear in mind a good rift on epic had 10 people, which is a poor rift on freedom), which of course, after all this time rift loot still has no use on pvp so less chance of loot and only decorative use means less people want to do rifts combined with no population to do rift.  There was a time a year or so ago that myself and Sme would do rifts on epic since we were the only ones to, it would take 5-6 hours to close and we'd walk away with maybe a couple items each, so we stopped because whats the point.  The absolute only incentive to do rifts on pvp is moon metal, which you can surely find better ways to get more than 0.3kg in 5 hours of work

2 people can easily do a rift, cherry pick the champs if any up, then kite the crap in a circle and close it. The warmaster can be tough, but can be soloed. I agree that most of the stuff is eye candy or just useless, but the rift mats are worth while in the end.

4 minutes ago, Wurmhole said:

I'm down for removing HH completely as a mount or hitchable critter.  I quit using them the day they changed them to unhitch when getting older.  I don't have the time to manage critter ages. 

The changes to hell horses unhitching at a certain point was lame and your only options now are repeated breeding, which gets old, or dumping a ton of rift mats into the stupidly hard to make fo runes of electron rage just to eek out another month or so of use. You can have a regular horse last nearly for ever, but a hell horse becomes useless after a few months just does not make any sense at all.

• Like 2