Sign in to follow this  
Quicktor

Whats up with taming?

I feel like there slipped something in, so i am just gonna report my findings...

With 75 animal taming i rarely get a submissive on a hell horse since like a month now, it's mostly upset or nervous.

From 100 tames i failed 8 times on a NORMAL horse....with 75 taming, like that has to be wrong.

I am sure others have problems too atm, since my kingdom mates do.

yeah its sucks. PRetty sure its just RNG tbh... I was getting Loyal tames with 99ql corn and now I get upset/nervous all the time. 

75 taming "should" be around 40% tame rate and just over half of them being upset/nervous, according to wu. with 70 taming it's more like 10% tame rate according to my logs, and 1/2 are upset or nervous

No changes to taming have happened, so I've moved this to community assistance as it's not a bug 

Running it through the skill simulator, this doesn't really seem that out of line with what I'd expect. Bear in mind that age of the animal makes a difference.

But yeah, it's really heavily RNG dependent, like other skill rolls.

With hell horses, going from the 70s to the 90s in taming is super helpful, though very time and resource consuming. Even at 90 you'll rarely get submissive, but at least you'll fail less and less.