Sign in to follow this  
Goldfinch

Game won't load up

If the issue was Comcast, would we see the packet loss (*) at the comcast markers instead of Hetzner's?

FYI -- I'm playing other games, no issues. Problem is not comcast

Edited by MissWilc
  • Like 1

Yep, Comcast, but everything except Wurm is doing fine.

Edited by NeeNee

I find it too suspicious to be coincidental at this point that all of us that are having issues have comcast for an ISP. In addition VPN seems to clear things up, or running through hotspot (getting out of Comcasts purview) 

I suspect the issue lies probably with a peering agreement or lack thereof somewhere along the chain between Comcast and Hetzner. I only suspect this because in the past Comcast choked Netflix trying to get $$ from them. The MO fits, and with the repeal of NN regulation, I wouldnt be surprised if Comcast went back to extorting.

I suspect this because we are seemingly all US Domestic Comcast serfs.

This is happening a lot for us east coast folks. Getting annoying to be honest.

I am comcast xfinity as well. east coast US. Is the ISP to blame or the server provider for Wurm, Hetzner? Retrograde told many of us that it was Hetzner, but I also understand the Hetzner issue to be specific to certain "areas". Is comcast an "area"? Also, when it happens is typically in the evening, my time, and it lasts for enough hours that I give up trying to log in usually after two hours or so, but find it working normally again by morning.

Whatever it is, let's hope it's very much temporary.

Edited by MordosKull

Same problem again tonight :( hope we can get it fixed .... again. Wurm wont fully load - takes a good full 5-10 min for it to even load 75 %. forums and wurmpedia are also laggy. my internet is not the issue - checked that

likewise, last night i could not play the game again, trace route throws up at Hetzner all else is fine and everything outside of wurm is fine.  I'll keep posting until this gets addressed so those in charge can see the frequency of the problem and perhaps elevate the the concern to make changes needed

when managing to bust through to get client i'd just sit in zero landscape water infinitely in loop and food bar orange no view nothing but water and horizon.

o.0 what issue, tracert only shows ping replies.. a host can be set to show a middle finger/actually nothing when you expect it to throw a *pong* back/, tracert is useless if you're not sure the end-host will reply with a pong for you.

If the majority of the players have no issues - it's MAYBE a local problem, dns or something else.

DNS you could switch with google's free dns servers 8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4;

in case it's isp routing issue/mess.. try some(ANY) VPN;

If you can access the game that way - contact your ISP and be salty at them.

been a lil while. had to come back and post cuz...      HETZNER SUX!!!!!         again..             always at the worst time