Sign in to follow this  
CountZero

Several random maps (4096)

having a fly around I have decided to re-do the biomes with no tundra and dropping the steppe after the sand to stop it dropping on top of it, anyone using this map may want to do the same

I like these! Keep up the good work!

[EDIT]

@CountZero When I went to actually download the Islands map, the only file that appeared to be available was the rock_layer.map file. Are there more to it?
[/EDIT]

Edited by Ignacius

ill have to fix it when i get home from work. Incidentally can anyone suggest a better free file host? (I don't want to have to setup an account)

never-mind, I don't know why i don't just zip them up, would solve everything :P 

Edited by CountZero
  • Like 1

Thank you for updating them. And I love the inset mountain/cove area on the east side of that last map, I'm gonna have to tinker around with that.

Do you have info on the mineral/resource %s for the maps?

Cheers :D

the ores are all standard on all maps - adam and glimmer at 0.05% (same as gold)

I havnt really looked at the cove in game, if you find it too steep or something just let me know and I can change it for you

Edited by CountZero

Very nice  , I always wanted to purchase WU but was not sure how hard it would be to make or edit anything.

I would have liked to make a map with northern and southern Tundra/snow if possible moving up to tropical then central desert almost like a earth ..

Its to bad they never could get water falls and rivers to work , having a Grand canyon to build across would have been sweet with water flowing .

Keep up the good work ..

you dont need to buy the game to make maps - its all done with free tools although you do really need the game to see what it actually looks like as the map picture doesn't tell everything.

I tried doing a northern snow map a long time ago and the biome feature didn't work so it had to be done via admin tool in-game which sucked. Its much easier to do now but i don't think ppl like snow much - having said that I might do one - I keep thinking of having a large desert zone but the map shape never encourages it - ill try and make a map from scratch with temperate zones in mind.

Rivers are difficult to do due to scale. If they are too small you can get a ship up them but if they are big enough for a ship it often just looks like islands rather than a single continent.

Grand canyon should be easy 

I tried to download a few of your maps to have a look around. Some of them say they expired and were deleted and others only give an option to subscribe/pay to download.

aa crap, the joys of free hosting :(

can anyone recommend a free host that wont delete stuff?

Dropbox has a free version, seems to work well enough. Not sure on other options as I rarely need to share files personally.